Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma Beta Delta
I received an invitation to join the TESC chapter of Sigma Beta Delta today! It's an International honor society for business. I graduated in December and thought any honors would have come before conferral of the degree, and assumed I missed the requirements. I'm not sure how much weight it might add to the resume or eventual Masters I still plan to do (in time; burned myself out a bit taking the heavy courseload plus tests) but thought it was neat.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Wow! That's cool! I wonder if they have that for history and what the requirements are?
Just good grades?

Congratulations! Smile
"Those who expect to be ignorant and free, expect what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson

Graduated, Finished, Completed!! my B.A. in History from TESC!!!!! Technically February 2013 & Generally May 2013!!!
quasarvs Wrote:Wow! That's cool! I wonder if they have that for history and what the requirements are?
Just good grades?

Congratulations! Smile

There are a handful of honors and awards students can earn. The available list, and requirements for each, is found at the bottom here:
About Thomas Edison State College

GPA requirements for each of the honor societies range from 3.2 to 3.5 for undergraduate, residency credits between 12 and 24, and ranking in the top 20% of the graduating class. There are specific honor societies for nursing, education, and business majors, then a separate honor society for all students.
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
mrs.b Wrote:I received an invitation to join the TESC chapter of Sigma Beta Delta today! It's an International honor society for business. I graduated in December and thought any honors would have come before conferral of the degree, and assumed I missed the requirements. I'm not sure how much weight it might add to the resume or eventual Masters I still plan to do (in time; burned myself out a bit taking the heavy courseload plus tests) but thought it was neat.
Congrats!! That's great! I'm quite sure you more then deserve it!
It would look great on the resume, and what not. Hey, speaking of which you get to update your Sig now!
mrs.b Wrote:I received an invitation to join the TESC chapter of Sigma Beta Delta today! It's an International honor society for business. I graduated in December and thought any honors would have come before conferral of the degree, and assumed I missed the requirements. I'm not sure how much weight it might add to the resume or eventual Masters I still plan to do (in time; burned myself out a bit taking the heavy courseload plus tests) but thought it was neat.

Congratulations! Most definitely put this on your resume in your education section. As someone who has hired several managers in the past I am often impressed when I see such achievements.
Thanks! It seems to vary by employer as to whether hiring managers put much stock in honors, but I've sent off my confirmation information.

Now more than ever, I wish I could make it to the commencement in September to prance around with my pin and sash, but travel plans for the week are already on the work calendar. They said they'll mail them after the walk if I can't make it, though, so I'll get a shadowbox made to frame with the degree.

It's made me a bit more motivated to speed up my Masters plans... Hmm. Maybe I don't need that two-year break I'd planned after all!
- Arnold Fletcher Award

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESC Sigma Beta Delta question... hightecrebel 1 526 10-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel