Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signing up for ALEKS
HELP! Do I make an ACE account before or after I start earning credits through ALEKS? I'm terrifyingly new to all of this and starting from scratch doesn't help.  Confused
anytime you want

they are not related at all
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • katelynn
(05-01-2018, 08:43 PM)katelynn Wrote: HELP! Do I make an ACE account before or after I start earning credits through ALEKS? I'm terrifyingly new to all of this and starting from scratch doesn't help.  Confused

i'm a rookie myself but I have saved some offline copies of advice given by certain members here. Check out the advice that dfrecore gives in this post
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...hs-Options

Basically, you want to make an ACE account first. Then you want to confirm that the account is set-up properly by getting a free and quick form of credit to test it out (like the Institutes Insurance Ethics). Transfer the credit over and confirm you got credit for it and that everything is working properly.

The next step is to properly sign up for the right ALEKS account. You need to sign up for the correct account. I need to find out the answer to that myself. After that you follow similar steps to get the credit transferred over. It might be possible if you are pressed for time to begin ALEKS right now and only worry about the transfer to ACE when you are done. Again, you need to sign up for the correct ALEKS account which I don't know the steps to yet. With ALEKS possibly dropping from ACE again at the end of July I won't have much time to spare myself.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like AwardTour's post:
  • ISKBizz15, katelynn
Make sure your names match, don't signup using a middle initial on one site and not the other. 

If you have a common first and last name, register for both using your full name.  

It may also be helpful to establish a new email address using your full name i.e "frank.furter.franky@gmail.com" for all your college/ACE work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frank.f.franky's post:
  • katelynn
(05-01-2018, 09:04 PM)AwardTour Wrote: i'm a rookie myself but I have saved some offline copies of advice given by certain members here. Check out the advice that dfrecore gives in this post

This is good advice. I have a word document where I save information from degreeforum posts. You *think* you will remeber it, but you won't.   Undecided
[-] The following 2 users Like Murdockb's post:
  • katelynn, Muldoon
(05-01-2018, 09:04 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 08:43 PM)katelynn Wrote: HELP! Do I make an ACE account before or after I start earning credits through ALEKS? I'm terrifyingly new to all of this and starting from scratch doesn't help.  Confused

i'm a rookie myself but I have saved some offline copies of advice given by certain members here. Check out the advice that dfrecore gives in this post

Basically, you want to make an ACE account first. Then you want to confirm that the account is set-up properly by getting a free and quick form of credit to test it out (like the Institutes Insurance Ethics). Transfer the credit over and confirm you got credit for it and that everything is working properly.

The next step is to properly sign up for the right ALEKS account. You need to sign up for the correct account. I need to find out the answer to that myself. After that you follow similar steps to get the credit transferred over. It might be possible if you are pressed for time to begin ALEKS right now and only worry about the transfer to ACE when you are done. Again, you need to sign up for the correct ALEKS account which I don't know the steps to yet. With ALEKS possibly dropping from ACE again at the end of July I won't have much time to spare myself.

Thanks so much for the help! I don't know if you've heard already, but ALEKS just re-newed their ACE status until this August. August 8th, I think? Not sure on the exact date, but that definitely gives us more time to earn credits through them.  Big Grin

(05-02-2018, 09:46 AM)frank.f.franky Wrote: Make sure your names match, don't signup using a middle initial on one site and not the other. 

If you have a common first and last name, register for both using your full name.  

It may also be helpful to establish a new email address using your full name i.e "frank.furter.franky@gmail.com" for all your college/ACE work.
This is the first time I'm hearing this advice! Thanks so much, Frank!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,384 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 638 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,117 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,369 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,039 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,975 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM
  ALEKS stats and Sophia Overap? Edriveless 4 1,240 05-26-2020, 04:10 PM