Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
The name of the school is European Business School of Barcelona (ENEB). There's a deal at Groupon for $299 (96% off). Seems too good to be true. Does anyone know anything about this school?  (In Canada $499)

Here's the link to the dual programs at the school: https://eneb.com/master-and-postgraduate/ 

Here's what is says at Groupon (https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-eneb-usa...ual-degree):

Online MBA & Master’s Degrees from ENEB Business School
The MBA and Master’s degrees issued by ENEB, European Business School of Barcelona are highly recognized in the academic and business spheres. All the contents of the academic programs are in English, based on high-quality education and customized attention to each student, bringing in the newest market and managing trends. All the diplomas issued by ENEB Business School are university accredited.

Choose a dual MBA and Master’s Program from the following 10 options. Click on each link to view more information about the program:
  • MBA & Master in Human Resources Management
  • MBA & Master in Commerce Management and Marketing
  • MBA & Master in Digital Marketing and e-Commerce
  • MBA & Master in Business and Corporate Communication
  • MBA & Master in Hotel Management and Tourism
  • MBA & Master in International Trade
  • MBA & Master in Project Management
  • MBA & Master in Supply Chain Management
  • MBA & Master in Management and Team Management
  • MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence
What’s Included:
  • MBA - Master of Business Administration
  • Master’s degree of your choice
  • Specialization in Coaching and NLP
  • Spanish for Business Program Certificate (free of charge and noncompulsory)
  • Access to ENEB Business School’s virtual campus, processing of academic transcript, and issuance of the diplomas
  • Access to the entire syllabus from the first day
  • Tutoring available Monday–Sunday
  • Streaming lessons and master classes taught by expert guests
  • Multimedia resources
  • Access to the school’s virtual library
  • Networking room at ENEB Community
  • Access to the school’s job listing
  • National and international internships (if desired)
All the academic programs taught at ENEB Business School offer a free-of-charge Spanish for Business Program, which allows students to boost their employability prospects.

After completion of the Training Program ENEB Business School issues four university certified diplomas:
  • MBA Master of Business Administration diploma
  • Master’s degree diploma
  • Specialization in Coaching and NLP diploma
  • Spanish for Business Program Certificate (free of charge and non-compulsory)

ENEB Business School is ranked among the best business schools specialized in distance learning according to important rankings, such as Financial Magazine, Portal MBA, and Club-MBA.

About ENEB Business School

Based in Barcelona, ENEB is a business school specializing in high-performance master's and postgraduate training programs based on distance teaching methodologies. Committed to quality and excellence, the European Business School of Barcelona has been awarded, along with EAE and IMF Business School, with the Cum Laude 2019 quality seal as the best business school according to students. Additionally, the school has obtained the EFQM certificate of excellence with the highest score, and has partnered with Universidad Isabel I. ENEB Business School is registered by the Ministry of Industry and collaborates with the Barcelona Centre University. All the school's master's, postgraduate, and higher-education programs are accredited by the Universidad Isabel I, which has been designed within the European Higher Education Area by granting the homogeneity and the quality of the studies.

---------------
DISTANCE LEARNING METHOD
In order to facilitate combining personal and professional life, all our training programs are carried out entirely online. Thus, students can access the whole training content through our Virtual Campus. It’s our main platform that allows our students to study from anywhere in the world and at any time. All evaluations and final works are also submitted online.

Once enrolled, our students have access to the Virtual Campus where they can find all necessary academic resources, establish a permanent communication with other students and teachers, gain access to discussion forums, take the English Business course, among many other possibilities.
Any degree you can purchase (especially on a Groupon) is not a legitimate or US accredited degree.  Degrees are earned, not bought. This is an offer from a diploma mill.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 4 users Like allvia's post:
  • Cowabunga Dude, harrypotter, ss20ts, wlee
Groupon. Wow, I've never heard of college enrollment on Groupon!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cookderosa's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-12-2019, 02:34 PM)allvia Wrote: Any degree you can purchase (especially on a Groupon) is not a legitimate or US accredited degree.  Degrees are earned, not bought. This is an offer from a diploma mill.

While I'm also highly suspicious of this based on the price, the page clearly states that you still have to complete the academic program (and that you have 24 months to do so), so it's not a simple diploma mill. I don't know how or if they're accredited (I'm guessing not), but there is more to it than just buying the degree.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • fxodyssey
(11-12-2019, 02:37 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:34 PM)allvia Wrote: Any degree you can purchase (especially on a Groupon) is not a legitimate or US accredited degree.  Degrees are earned, not bought. This is an offer from a diploma mill.

While I'm also highly suspicious of this based on the price, the page clearly states that you still have to complete the academic program (and that you have 24 months to do so), so it's not a simple diploma mill. I don't know how or if they're accredited (I'm guessing not), but there is more to it than just buying the degree.

A quick search results:
https://complaintwire.org/complaint/75oB...iversity/3
https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ted.23661/
https://eu-business-school.pissedconsume...eview.html
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • harrypotter, mysonx3
(11-12-2019, 03:10 PM)allvia Wrote:

A quick search results:

Welp, that about says it all.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • allvia
Edit: this looks like it’s most likely a state approved degree. Similar to BPPE in California who approves institutions that are not accredited by a regional/national organization.
BABA, New England College, 2019
(11-12-2019, 03:10 PM)allvia Wrote:

A quick search results:

I don't think that any of these links relate to the school in the Groupon.  There are several schools with similar sounding names.

https://eneb.com/accreditations/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/...rs_degree/
https://www.facebook.com/ENEB.BusinessSchool/

This "school" seems to have a completely moodle-based course setup and then award degrees based on the accreditation of Universidad Isabel I in Spain.  They claim that they can award ECTS European credits.

I don't think that there is enough info. yet to say that this is or is not "legitimate."  I have taught and taken enough economics classes to question this groupon from an opportunity cost basis.  A WGU MBA is not that much more expensive and it is very definitely legitimate.  Given the time that it would take to complete this groupon, it might be best to dedicate the time to the WGU degree regardless of the cost in this offer.
(11-12-2019, 08:26 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I don't think that there is enough info. yet to say that this is or is not "legitimate."  I have taught and taken enough economics classes to question this groupon from an opportunity cost basis.  A WGU MBA is not that much more expensive and it is very definitely legitimate.  Given the time that it would take to complete this groupon, it might be best to dedicate the time to the WGU degree regardless of the cost in this offer.

A WGU MBA is a LOT more than $300 - at least 10x the cost.  I'm going to say that a $300 degree of any kind (AA, BA or MA) is a hoax (and for anyone who says the BOG AAS was less, the courses for the degree cost someone more than $300, even if you weren't the person paying for it either through work, Modern States, pell grants, etc.  Someone, possibly tax payers, an employer, or a non-profit, paid the cost of the course or exam).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-13-2019, 01:06 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 08:26 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I don't think that there is enough info. yet to say that this is or is not "legitimate."  I have taught and taken enough economics classes to question this groupon from an opportunity cost basis.  A WGU MBA is not that much more expensive and it is very definitely legitimate.  Given the time that it would take to complete this groupon, it might be best to dedicate the time to the WGU degree regardless of the cost in this offer.

A WGU MBA is a LOT more than $300 - at least 10x the cost.  I'm going to say that a $300 degree of any kind (AA, BA or MA) is a hoax (and for anyone who says the BOG AAS was less, the courses for the degree cost someone more than $300, even if you weren't the person paying for it either through work, Modern States, pell grants, etc.  Someone, possibly tax payers, an employer, or a non-profit, paid the cost of the course or exam).

Okay, so I have been thinking about this.  We already have a basic $3600 masters.  It's the Walden early childhood masters.  It is $1800 per semester.  The WGU MBA is similar.  So, basically, for under $4,000 these companies probably make some money even with paying the professors who provide lots of input within the programs.  Nations University costs $1800 per year for a pretty much completely online degree with volunteer professors.

This appears to be a completely online Moodle-based program.  It appears to be several years old.  It is pretty much a certainty that there is pretty much no actual teaching going on.  However, I could foresee a situation in which a completely online program that started several years ago with good intentions at $8,000 now has a day-old-bread price of $300 to $500 on Groupon.  I am sure that it is terrible.  This is probably just a little bit of cost recovery for a failed program.  At least, that's my theory.
[-] The following 2 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • fxodyssey, warriortaupou

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 0 27 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lorvey
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 249 6 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,022 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 307 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,003 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 482 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,512 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,614 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger