Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slippery Slope
So seriously, how much of principles of accounting can I blow off and still make a 50? I'm so burned out and I have 6 exams left - home stretch - and I'm starting to think if i ignore half of the mgt accounting part and just know I'm going to get those wrong I can probably still pass.

It's playing with fire, I know, but it could end up being a worthy gamble... what do y'all think? Go for it (skip some)? Or suck it up, quit whinning and just do the work?
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I know how hard it is, but when you're this close, why chance it. Take a deep breath, relax, focus, and go for the last six test!

Scott
Cold_navy Wrote:I know how hard it is, but when you're this close, why chance it. Take a deep breath, relax, focus, and go for the last six test!

Scott

[SIZE="2"]I concur. Six classes ago I too was in the final stretch frame of mind yet I "took a breath" and went back to work. I am now on the very last class and feel like taking a break but will take 3 deep breaths instead. The count down continues to 5/19...tick-tock-tick-tock - [/SIZE]Big Grin

[SIZE="5"]YOU CAN DO IT!!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
libartsmgr Wrote:So seriously, how much of principles of accounting can I blow off and still make a 50? I'm so burned out and I have 6 exams left - home stretch - and I'm starting to think if i ignore half of the mgt accounting part and just know I'm going to get those wrong I can probably still pass.

It's playing with fire, I know, but it could end up being a worthy gamble... what do y'all think? Go for it (skip some)? Or suck it up, quit whinning and just do the work?
Joanne, I took this test about a year ago. I think that your best stragegy would be to try to get as broad an understanding as possible. I felt that the instacert information was pretty much right on the money. I've heard others say that time is your worst enemy on this exam and I agree with that. Go into the exam with a time-management strategy, answer all the questions, and if you are like me with math, ask for extra scratch paper since you can't take a calculator in with you for CLEP. It's little time savers like this that will get you thru the exam. Hang in there- you're almost done!Wink
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???
Thanks everyone... Not a slacker among ya! I appreciate the feedback. In the immortal words of Gloria Gaynor, "I will survive! (hey hey)" Big Grin

begin rant...
Oh, and can I just say for the record - no offense to anyone - accounting is the pits. But since I can't take any other single computer/software/network-related test (which I would prefer) this was the lesser of evils.
...end rant

Cool

Thanks again for the support!
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Joanne,

I have taken that class too and it wasn't so bad. I can relate about being burned out though, but you only have six more exams and you are done! Its like when you are running a race, the last mile is the hardest. Good luck!
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Rob
Pursuing a BS Liberal Arts (Excelsior College) One mo to go! Upcoming exams: CLEP College Math[/SIZE]
hunter2115 Wrote:Joanne, I took this test about a year ago. I think that your best stragegy would be to try to get as broad an understanding as possible. I felt that the instacert information was pretty much right on the money. I've heard others say that time is your worst enemy on this exam and I agree with that. Go into the exam with a time-management strategy, answer all the questions, and if you are like me with math, ask for extra scratch paper since you can't take a calculator in with you for CLEP. It's little time savers like this that will get you thru the exam. Hang in there- you're almost done!Wink

Hunter - so you don't even get a calculator supplied with the exam? As in-in the test software? :eek: ...cue the theme music, "I will survive!"
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I took the exam last week and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. No questions that you needed a calculator for. My focus has been on the Peterson practice tests. I did all 3 of them 2 or 3 times and made sure I knew the reasons for the answers (I did think some of the anwers were incorrect when I did the exams for the first time hilarious .

Anyway, Peterson I think was enough to pass but used IC as well (but mainly went through the financial part, did not study much on the management part. See my comments in another post about this.

My main advice, focus on Peterson for this one and the test will actually look easier to you compared to that.

I scored a 65.

Good luck!

Christa
BS Business - Excelsior College Summa Cum Laude
Started with 25 credits in March 2006. Tested out with CLEP, Dantes and Tecep.
libartsmgr Wrote:Hunter - so you don't even get a calculator supplied with the exam? As in-in the test software? :eek: ...cue the theme music, "I will survive!"
I haven't taken this exam, but...

I checked the College Board's description of the Accounting exam, and it has no mention of a calculator. I also have to take the College Algebra exam, and that one does mention "an online scientific calculator (nongraphing) will be available during the examination." So... no such break on the Accounting. Sad
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
anar579 Wrote:I haven't taken this exam, but...

I checked the College Board's description of the Accounting exam, and it has no mention of a calculator. I also have to take the College Algebra exam, and that one does mention "an online scientific calculator (nongraphing) will be available during the examination." So... no such break on the Accounting. Sad
I can't remember if a calculator was supplied in the test software or not. Seems to me it wasn't. Maybe someone else can help here? I do remember that there really wasn't a lot of difficult calculations, just alot of calculations that can be done quickly on paper. I asked for extra scratch paper before the exam- just in case- and it turned out that I used it, and didn't lose the time asking for more. I never cared for software calculators anyway. To me, they take too long to use. But then others may be more adept at using them.
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confessions of a Clepaholic: A Slippery Slope Story snazzlefrag 41 7,358 09-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Last Post: skyfall123