Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slower-paced Upper Level Course Providers
Hey guys!

Things have changed here at home and I won't be able to complete coursework at fast rate. For example, doing 2 courses per month at Study.com is too much currently, I won't be able to devote 10-15 hrs a week, however, I don't want to just totally give up again. There has to be a way around it. Can anyone brainstorm with me?

Here are my ideas:

1) I know it would be a bit more, but perhaps I could alternate my Study.com membership from Premium to College Acc every month to complete 2 courses in 2 months? Then it would cost $130.00 for each. Has anyone done this? Basically use 6 weeks to study and take quizzes for 2 courses, then the last 2 weeks take the 2 proctored exams? Alternatively, I could also just do 1 course per 2 months, which would clock in as $260 each course.

2) I was looking at Coopersmith, but their FAQ's don't specify expiration dates. Does anyone know?

3) Anyone know how intense the coursework is for UL at TESU classes? For example, if it has assignments every week, I won't be able to do that right now.

4) Are there any other UL providers that I have missed?

Thanks for your help!

D Smile
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • saraholson
Yes. Alternate your membership.

Coopersmith seems to be a year.

Maybe Davar Academy or TECEPs.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
It would depend on what school you're going to, what degree you want to get, and what courses you need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
(08-29-2019, 08:08 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: 1) I know it would be a bit more, but perhaps I could alternate my Study.com membership from Premium to College Acc every month to complete 2 courses in 2 months? Then it would cost $130.00 for each. Has anyone done this? Basically use 6 weeks to study and take quizzes for 2 courses, then the last 2 weeks take the 2 proctored exams? Alternatively, I could also just do 1 course per 2 months, which would clock in as $260 each course.

I did this for awhile.  It works. You get access to everything but the exams while you're on the Premium - when you're ready for (ideally) two or more exams upgrade. I once stayed on Premium two months then upgraded in the third month and took 4 exams (gave me 3 full months to prepare and take the exams, paid the $70 each for the extra two - and also submit assignments for the UL); like you I just didn't have the time to devote as many hours as I'd like to bang them out quickly. Being able to just take the exam when ready makes this all the better with SDC (no advance scheduling - take them all in the last few days if you wish)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • CarpeDiem8, saraholson
I don't know what your major is, but what about buying used textbooks to study for a subject GRE? COSC gives upper-level credit for the subject GRE exams, so you'd be able to make progress at your pace without any recurring monthly charges. The limitation for this method would be your chosen major and the fact that the subject GRE is only offered 3 times per year at select testing centers. In case you don't know, the subject GRE is offered in biology, chemistry, literature, mathematics, physics, and psychology. The testing dates are offered in September, October, and April.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 2 users Like jamshid666's post:
  • CarpeDiem8, suzycupcake
Awesome, thanks, Everyone! I didn't want to get too specific in case it helps others, too! Smile

You all rock!
So for UL alternative credit that isn't on a monthly restriction, I would say there are 2 different types of options:

Exams
DSST has 4
UExcel has a bunch
TECEP has a bunch
Davar has a bunch
Coopersmith has a ton (I don't think there's a deadline)
CSU-Global has a ton

Courses
Ed4Credit has 5
Saylor has Prin of Finance
Penn Foster has a bunch
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • akr680, CarpeDiem8
Thank you, dfrecore! You are always so helpful and I really appreciate the list! Thanks!!!!!!!!

D Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • akr680

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  One SDC course, 6 sh Upper Level in Philosophy Jonathan Whatley 31 2,065 09-12-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any good self-paced option for math such as Calculus II? zcao15 3 954 06-11-2023, 02:58 PM
  Upper-level writing & economics ? StoicJ 3 779 03-07-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: stickymoaning
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,203 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Online Self-Paced Certified Personal Trainer course ($19.99/month) worth 3 ACE credit MNomadic 1 932 01-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,232 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Upper Level Credits at Study.com browniebo 6 1,079 09-13-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Coopersmith Upper Level Math? eriehiker 19 4,774 05-27-2022, 08:06 PM
  Intro to Cybersecurity - Upper level NewatTESU 5 1,098 04-22-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: NewatTESU