Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Business Marketing
Is it me, or can anyone else find the Small Business Marketing class at TESU?  I wanted to learn more about it (since it's in the BSBA- Entrepreneurship AOS), but the actual class is not listed in the course catalogs.  Odd.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Some of the degrees list classes that TESU doesn't actually have themselves. You are expected to transfer in these credits from another university or from an ACE provider, though they don't always explicitly state this. The biggest example of this is the data analytics degrees which may only be completed by taking statistics.com courses. TESU doesn't offer most of the AOS classes there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Toastmaster
(08-30-2020, 03:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Some of the degrees list classes that TESU doesn't actually have themselves. You are expected to transfer in these credits from another university or from an ACE provider, though they don't always explicitly state this. The biggest example of this is the data analytics degrees which may only be completed by taking statistics.com courses. TESU doesn't offer most of the AOS classes there.
WOW!  Never knew this.  Very surprising.  Thanks!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

Those are the "required subjects," meaning a category of courses, not a specific course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-31-2020, 10:50 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Those are the "required subjects," meaning a category of courses, not a specific course.

I understand, however the other courses listed are actual classes.  For example, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Small Business Management, Market Research, and Small Business Finance are all actual classes, and in their course catalog.  The only one that's missing is Small Business Marketing.

"TESU doesn't offer most of the AOS classes there."
"WOW! Never knew this. Very surprising. Thanks!"
"The only one that's missing is Small Business Marketing."

Me: Yes, TESU doesn't have all the courses required for their degrees, most people transfer a bundle of credits into their degree programs and take whatever is missing elsewhere if it's not available. This is for all if not most of their degrees. And that's the beauty of their degrees, so you don't have to pay an arm/leg to take the course from the school. The only exception to this rule is if you're paying for credits to exclude the residency waiver fee.

Update: Oh, and skip that course for Small Business Marketing, take the Market Research course instead. Do take the required course for Intro to Entrepreneurship in addition to the Small Business Management course. Having said that, the Small business management would be used for the AOS elective if you ever needed it, if not needed, skip it as I think you already have 3 electives for the AOS. Just make sure to have at minimum 4 UL courses and 2 LL courses for the AOS, you'll be fine.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-31-2020, 03:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: "TESU doesn't offer most of the AOS classes there."
"WOW!  Never knew this.  Very surprising.  Thanks!"
"The only one that's missing is Small Business Marketing."

Me: Yes, TESU doesn't have all the courses required for their degrees, most people transfer a bundle of credits into their degree programs and take whatever is missing elsewhere if it's not available.  This is for all if not most of their degrees.  And that's the beauty of their degrees, so you don't have to pay an arm/leg to take the course from the school.  The only exception to this rule is if you're paying for credits to exclude the residency waiver fee.

Update: Oh, and skip that course for Small Business Marketing, take the Market Research course instead.  Do take the required course for Intro to Entrepreneurship in addition to the Small Business Management course.  Having said that, the Small business management would be used for the AOS elective if you ever needed it, if not needed, skip it as I think you already have 3 electives for the AOS.  Just make sure to have at minimum 4 UL courses and 2 LL courses for the AOS, you'll be fine.
I honestly never knew this.  I have been so laser focused on just getting the bsba GM that I really didn't know what else Thomas Edison State University did.

This forum alone has been my academic advising station, with so many brilliant minds that I never needed to.  I mean, I'm not ignorant of other degree plans etc...but how TESU operates...I had no idea.  I think it's cool though, and a very beautiful and awesome situation and opportunity!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,289 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 5 497 01-03-2024, 01:31 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Study.com Digital Marketing No Longer UL After Nov 1st LevelUP 12 989 12-05-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU BUS-2100 Quantitative Skills for Business MortySanchez 2 366 09-05-2023, 03:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SDC Business 311: Project Management Staceys88 3 384 07-10-2023, 10:56 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Student: Business Degree Course Map Nate121693 11 1,023 05-15-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tesu business Pats20 18 1,702 05-03-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  BSBA Marketing (possible dual degree CIS) ThePA 6 676 04-12-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Business Communication - TESU COM-202 Intro to Business Communications BSLIONS 0 591 02-21-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BSLIONS
  Saylor OPM-351 Business Statistics Question sarahmac 5 848 09-18-2022, 07:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77