Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Sick of Royal Wedding
Am I being mean or are there more important things going on in the world right now? I'm more concerned about the recent rash of tornadoes in the south, yet it seems like Wills and Kate have taken up the news pages and the storms are taking a very distant back seat.

:ack: :ack:

:puke:

Do you think that the royals are interesting and are a needed distraction from more serious news? After all, there is always bad news, right?

Or, do you think that it's totally irrelevant to most people what the royals do with their life?

...Just wondering.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
burbuja0512 Wrote:Am I being mean or are there more important things going on in the world right now?
You are not being mean, you are simply wrong. There never has been, nor never will be, anything more important in life than the brand of hair clips and color of the toe polish that Kate Middleton wore this morning.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Maniac Craniac's post:
  • ss20ts
This Wedding is driving me crazy. Not that I have anything wrong with it. Just so much talk is nuts. :puke: I mean the deadly storms in the south. Should we be paying so much attention to weddings?
I agree that there is more important news than the wedding, especially right now with the devastating tornadoes in the South. But at the same time there is always bad news, and a royal wedding does not take place often. There is a certain fascination with royals and an interest in such a grand wedding. I am interested in the royal wedding, although also quite concerned about and interested in the tornadoes in the South. At least the wedding is only one day, for the rest of the time we can focus on the more important news. I do think the news media can focus too much on one piece of news or important event and ignore others - in this case focusing a lot of attention on the royal wedding. I remember when Michael Jackson died that was all the news media talked about for days, even weeks. After a while, I was tired of it. We went on vacation several days later (no watching/reading news on vacation) and when we came back they were still talking about it.
Might I suggest watching less news? Or what they call news nowadays.

Any news program that spends more than 20 minutes in a day discussing a royal wedding, or for multiple days = banned from the television, in my humble opinion. Other than the BBC, I suppose, which has more reason to care about it. Although I really wouldn't be surprised if even the BBC had less coverage of it than some U.S. programs.
Pursuing TESC B.A. in Natural Sciences/Mathematics

65 credits in 3 weeks from A&I Lit 79; College Comp w/ Essay 63; College Math 75; College Algebra 76; Precalculus 63; Intro Psychology 78; Intro Sociology 62; Intro Computing 473; Personal Finance 451; Health 467; Management Info Sys 466; MCITP Enterprise Admin; MCITP Server Admin; MCITP Virtualization Admin; MCITP Enterprise Messaging Admin; MCITP SQL Server DBA

Remaining:
CLEP Human Growth & Development
TESC Global Environmental Change
TESC Artificial Intelligence
Take it from somebody who lived thru Diana&Chuck's royal shindig back in the 80's- It's all about money, tourism and how to get more folks to Great Britain for their next vacation.
At the time, I complained about all the royal hoopla to some of my British friends and I was told that the publicity would increase tourism for years to come and they were right - It did!! Thousands of tourists poured into the British Isles.
And think of all the knick-knacks, paddy-whacks and designer wedding dress patterns and paraphernalia all this trumped-up pomp&circumstance will generate.
Admittedly, the bride is mega-beautiful, a commoner and the media will play on that because it sells, sells, sells. What girl doesn't want to be a princess?
Long live King William and Bloody Kat......wait not yet....oh never mind. :roflol:

Confusedmilelol: I know that's just mean isn't it. I'm just terrible :p . It just seems to go together.
But yes, it gets very annoying.
Americans are supposed to hate monarchs, not worship them.
Being the royalist that I am, you don't hear about it all that often and it certainly makes a change from hearing about Angelina Jolie or Justin Beiber or the Oscars. The wedding didn't last half as long as the oscars ceremony. You can always turn the tv/radio off
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Am with Tasman, am more tired of Holywood, Afghanistan etc..don't mind s'thing happier and passing , like a couple of days with pipo celebrating a rare kind of wedding! Viva Kate and Will!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Else Getting Sick of This COVID Crap? LevelUP 33 3,388 07-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  How do you treat a sick chemist? clep3705 4 885 11-20-2014, 03:39 AM
Last Post: melody75
  I hate being sick! jmichelle79 3 1,123 04-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Last Post: jmichelle79
  10 year wedding anniversary ideas CLEP101 3 1,093 07-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Last Post: CLEP101