Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So where did you hang your degree?
Mine arrived today from COSC. It proudly states that I hold a "Bachelor of Science, together with all the rights, honors, and privileges pertaining thereto". For Christmas my family purchased the official COSC frame to display it in......and I don't know where to put it. Is there etiquette on this? Be silly in the living room, out of place in the bedroom, I don't have a home office. It would be funny if after all the effort earning the thing I just stick it in a drawer with my HS Diploma! Smile

I did go down and make some quality black and white copies on card stock. I matted and framed a copy for my parents (they earned it by paying for the first couple of years and I did promise to get it). I plan to mat and frame another copy for the wall at work...that way if I get fired I can just walk out and tell them to keep it...lol!

So where do you guys display your degree's?
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Well, I have my original hanging in my office at work. I'm thinking about getting the EC frame for it, because I just have it in a regular frame. I also have a nice quality copy hanging in my basement home office. Do you have a place at work to hang it? If not what about a man-cave? At least you have a problem such as this. It is better to have an issue of where to hang your degree rather not having a degree!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
marianne202 Wrote:Well, At least you have a problem such as this. It is better to have an issue of where to hang your degree rather not having a degree!

Quite true! Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
A hall or stairway among the family photos?

I don't think it out of place in the living room, pending the type of frame.

But then again, I'm married to a Texan.

Which means a copy of his birth certificate in 2x2 foot deminsion is hanging in our living room.
M.
Mom of 11

Graduated 6, still home educating 5

Credits from CC classes:
eng 1113 freshman comp 1
eng comp 2
pos 1113 american fed gov't (political sci.)
spa 1103 spanish 1
bio 2123 human ecology
his 1493 american history civil war era - present
phi 1113 intro to philosophy
soc 1113 intro to sociology
total credits 24 hours
gpa 3.12

I have not hung any of mine. Sad
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
I was thinking hallway. Nice to walk by at the end of each day, reminder of what you've accomplished and can accomplish.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Upon receipt I scanned them along with transcript into a pdf file and filed originals but I'm older so they were only for box checking. I prefer art on my walls.Smile

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Home office. I think a hallway might be a good place for it. I wouldn't have it at work unless I had a real office with a door. It would look funny hanging from my cube wall Smile
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Well, it hangs in the bedroom sort of above my chest of drawers for now.

I have sort of a quasi cubicle at work....but I'm gonna hang it up anyway on one of my 2 walls. We are being acquired by a larger organization and I want the new people to see it...haha.
AS in EMS August 2010

rebel100 Wrote:Mine arrived today from COSC. It proudly states that I hold a "Bachelor of Science, together with all the rights, honors, and privileges pertaining thereto". For Christmas my family purchased the official COSC frame to display it in......and I don't know where to put it. Is there etiquette on this? Be silly in the living room, out of place in the bedroom, I don't have a home office. It would be funny if after all the effort earning the thing I just stick it in a drawer with my HS Diploma! Smile

I did go down and make some quality black and white copies on card stock. I matted and framed a copy for my parents (they earned it by paying for the first couple of years and I did promise to get it). I plan to mat and frame another copy for the wall at work...that way if I get fired I can just walk out and tell them to keep it...lol!

So where do you guys display your degree's?

One of these days I'm going to buy a big A frame, and put it in my office.....for now it's in the closet lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 582 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 513 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 539 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 947 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 969 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,620 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM
  History of Degree "Hacking" collegehacked 8 2,771 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: collegehacked
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,671 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  For Sale: Southeastern US Bachelor Degree Granting College bjcheung77 6 2,002 06-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  How has your degree improved your life? kevinmane 21 6,473 03-12-2020, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Zo_ey