Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some general questions about TESC/Transcrips/Teceps/GPA etc.
Throughout my wandering around on this forum i've accumulated a handful questions that came to my mind about completing my BSBA in the near future. I understand there are a quite a bit of questions so i appreciate an answer to some if you can't answer em all. Hopefully this thread helps others who have similar questions.

Some questions on sending transcripts to TESC

I’ll have to send Transcripts from CLEP, FEMA, CC, but.. every DSST exam I took I sent to TESC's school code.. do I still need to request a final transcript or will they have them all? Do TECEP's require a transcript be sent? Or do they automatically go straight to TESC?

I send my transcripts for an EVAL once i APPLY or ENROLL to TESC?

Lastly, what time frame should i be prepared to wait until TESC receives them? I'm shooting to finish by July 1st deadline so should i start sending em now to make sure they get most on file? (I have about 9 test left) Or just sent em when they all complete

TECEP questions
For teceps, do I have to be enrolled? How do I go about registering for a TECEP without being a current student? For TECEPS you’re given a 12 week time-frame, are they "doable" in a few weeks like most cleps/dssts exams? How do I go about finding a testing center? May I register when I please or is it like a class where it has specific registration dates every 12 weeks?

GPA Question
Will my CC GPA be my TESC GPA? Its at 3.15, with that said, is it worth enrolling in a class and hope for a 4.0?
(I plan on looking into my Masters next, but i also know that if i enroll in a TESC class for a GPA it will push my completion date back quite a bit)

TESC Questions
What are the time frames im given once I start applying, ive read elsewere a while ago that, I get XX amount of months after applying to enroll, once enrolled I have XX amount of months to complete my degree. If i dont finish in time.. i have to re enroll?
Looking for clarification on this

I heard about the AAS Capstone.. What does that require me to do? I already have an AS in Fire Science, I thought a 2nd Associates would be an extra little shine on my Resume, is it worth it now with the required Capstone?

Also on the AAS note.. if its still worth it, I want to obtain my AAS Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies, am I able to get an Eval of each (BSBA and AAS) at once? Or do I need to request 2 evals at separate times?

Thank you for any answers!
BSBA General Management @ TESC 03/2014
AAS Environmental Safety & Security Technologies @ TESC 03/2014
AS Public Fire Service Option @ CC 12/2012

CLEP
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Principles of Supervision
Organizational Behavior
Human Resource Management
Business Ethics and Society
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Computing
Management Information Systems
Principles of Financial Accounting
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks
Intro to Stats (24 hours!)

In Progress
M.B.A Management Cal Coast University
Answers are in the quoted text below:

seanmathews Wrote:Throughout my wandering around on this forum i've accumulated a handful questions that came to my mind about completing my BSBA in the near future. I understand there are a quite a bit of questions so i appreciate an answer to some if you can't answer em all. Hopefully this thread helps others who have similar questions.

Some questions on sending transcripts to TESC

I’ll have to send Transcripts from CLEP, FEMA, CC, but.. every DSST exam I took I sent to TESC's school code.. do I still need to request a final transcript or will they have them all? Do TECEP's require a transcript be sent? Or do they automatically go straight to TESC?

If you sent them along the way then they may have them, but people have said in the past that TESC only hangs onto to them for a few months (if at all) for non-enrolled students so you might want to just order a transcript from each if you are in a hurry to see them all on the eval

I send my transcripts for an EVAL once i APPLY or ENROLL to TESC?

Send them now or they can't do that part of the evaluation. You pay to enroll within six months of the eval, but by then you should have all existing courses evaluated.

Lastly, what time frame should i be prepared to wait until TESC receives them? I'm shooting to finish by July 1st deadline so should i start sending em now to make sure they get most on file? (I have about 9 test left) Or just sent em when they all complete

The eval should start to populate with courses within a few weeks AFTER they receive the transcripts but may take six weeks or so (I think).

TECEP questions
For teceps, do I have to be enrolled? How do I go about registering for a TECEP without being a current student? For TECEPS you’re given a 12 week time-frame, are they "doable" in a few weeks like most cleps/dssts exams? How do I go about finding a testing center? May I register when I please or is it like a class where it has specific registration dates every 12 weeks?

[COLOR="#FF0000"]You don't have to be enrolled, check out TESC's website for more on that: http://www.tesc.edu/degree-completion/Testing.cfm

As for as registering and doing the exam they have requirements for the proctor but it usually works best to do the exams at the place you do the CLEP or DSST, or to use a local college's "testing center" who may provide the service for free or at a cost. They are on paper and send the materials (with a prepaid return envelope) to the proctor once they send in the form to be approved.
[/COLOR]

GPA Question
Will my CC GPA be my TESC GPA? Its at 3.15, with that said, is it worth enrolling in a class and hope for a 4.0?
(I plan on looking into my Masters next, but i also know that if i enroll in a TESC class for a GPA it will push my completion date back quite a bit)

Your evaluation will show several different GPA's including on for your area of study, but once you graduate you will receive a more official transcript and that will only include TESC coursework as part of the GPA, courses from CLEP, DSST, and others will show up as "CR" grades, and in my case the community college credits had the grades removed for the transcript. Your GPA will be listed as "N/A" if you don't take any courses.

TESC Questions
What are the time frames im given once I start applying, ive read elsewere a while ago that, I get XX amount of months after applying to enroll, once enrolled I have XX amount of months to complete my degree. If i dont finish in time.. i have to re enroll?
Looking for clarification on this

You get six months to ENROLL, and then that is valid for one year before you would have to RE-ENROLL.

I heard about the AAS Capstone.. What does that require me to do? I already have an AS in Fire Science, I thought a 2nd Associates would be an extra little shine on my Resume, is it worth it now with the required Capstone?

The capstone doesn't exist yet, once it does it will be a yet to be published course to summarize your studies on the subject. If you were to enroll right away you may be able to get them to waive it, but it doesn't sound like your ready yet so I'd expect to have to take that course.

Also on the AAS note.. if its still worth it, I want to obtain my AAS Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies, am I able to get an Eval of each (BSBA and AAS) at once? Or do I need to request 2 evals at separate times?

The initial eval is designed for one degree, I'd call the admissions people and ask how to do that, otherwise you can login to your eval and tell it to provide you an eval for other programs (including the AAS), although it may not give you 100% accurate information since it will rely on the preset data and not allow for them to override it. Either call them or add the second program once you enroll.

Thank you for any answers!
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
For your last question relating to evals for multiple programs:
I just emailed them and requested one for the second degree I want. They did it very quickly.

As for the Capstone, it is already required for my BA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,158 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,724 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,017 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,742 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,837 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,648 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,944 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  Three new TECEPs added Ideas 0 1,459 06-14-2018, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Public Relations Thought and Practice and Managerial Communications TECEPs gentleman4561 5 1,462 06-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about TECEPs xjarhead1999 2 1,118 06-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore