Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something I Noticed
Is there any way for you to find out how Excelsior and Charter Oak will accept the NCCRS credits, Study.com?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:Is there any way for you to find out how Excelsior and Charter Oak will accept the NCCRS credits, Study.com?

And TESU? A few of these are not considered UL by TESU for ACE, but I wonder if NCCRS would make a difference? And I wonder if you could petition them to get some things changed as well:

The American Civil War Era - duplicates The Civil War & Reconstruction, it would certainly be nice if you could show them how this should be an UL course instead (and then people not only have 2 different History courses, but an additional UL course as well).

Same with the 2 Vietnam courses.

Same with Leadership & Org Behavior (duplicates Org Behavior) - it would be awesome to see this get a separate non-duplicating course number.

Advanced Tech Writing - getting an UL English course would be a huge thing here.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
KayV Wrote:Is there any way for you to find out how Excelsior and Charter Oak will accept the NCCRS credits, Study.com?

Those are all great questions! Since NCCRS is a new area for us, we are not sure how various schools will accept the credits. We will work on gathering more information that we can provide to help clarify how NCCRS credits will transfer from our site. We know it's super important for planning purposes.

Sorry for any and all confusion,
The Study.com Team
I have a theory that the reason Excelsior doesn't have many transfer guides is because different schools within the college accept credits differently.

For example I am in the School of Liberal Arts. They might accept certain credits for us that they don't accept in the Schools of Business, Technology, Nursing, Public Health, etc.. I already know that certain Straighterline courses won't work for Nursing. WHU lists what ACE approved courses transfer in to each degree individually. I think Excelsior has something like that, they just don't want to publish it for some reason. They would rather you ask your advisor.

I am going to ask about History 308 and 306 this week.
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Looks like the public speaking course has been recommended for 3 credits by NCCRS.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
OakLakeNC Wrote:I have a theory that the reason Excelsior doesn't have many transfer guides is because different schools within the college accept credits differently.

For example I am in the School of Liberal Arts. They might accept certain credits for us that they don't accept in the Schools of Business, Technology, Nursing, Public Health, etc.. I already know that certain Straighterline courses won't work for Nursing. WHU lists what ACE approved courses transfer in to each degree individually. I think Excelsior has something like that, they just don't want to publish it for some reason. They would rather you ask your advisor.

I am going to ask about History 308 and 306 this week.

That may very well be true - I was thinking it was because they are disorganized and often times have no idea what one hand is doing vs the other, but I may have become cynical over time Wink
EC used to have a great transfer guide, for AP/CLEP/DSST - but then they took it off their website and never replaced it. That's seems to coincide with them kind of disappearing off this forum...

They also don't have a transfer guide for Study.com, nor do they have anything on their website for ACP.

They've just made it difficult to figure things out on your own, which we tend to like to do on this forum.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA