Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soon Excelsior will reach the subconscious minds
rickyjo Wrote:I'm looking forward to trying something like you both have suggested, but I really, really, really, need to find someone who can fix my neck first, otherwise I'm in terrible pain shortly after the workout and lose motivation indefinitely. Right now all I can do is walk and jog, which helps, but it's now officially the wrong time of year in Colorado, I need indoor exercises.

Does anybody (particularly April) know of any solutions to neck problems that were recently exacerbated?

(BTW: April I absolutely without hesitation call bullshit that you are in you mid thirties.)

Indoor exercises are my specialty. Pm me about the causes of your neck problems. Without knowing it would be a lil difficult for me to design a program for you.

There is also this great neck massager(I do alot of foam rolling, the stick..etc. on my clients before and after a workout) I think it's called the accu-massager? You might want to do that before and after a workout.

And no..I am not mid-30's yet...At least not until April 17.

34 still counts as early 30's right? So yes. You are right I am not mid -30's yet since I won't turn 35 in a few months.

Confusedeeya:
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
Hey, I'm sorry for making this thread take yet another turn, but I noticed in your profile that you run marathons. Do you know of any good websites that breakdown safe and effective methods for preparing for one? I have never done one before, but before injury, was regularly jogging 8 miles straight a few times a week. I would like to start small, with local 5ks and 10ks and such, and to be able to do major city marathons one day, but I don't know where to get started. I'm a fitness noob, but I am highly motivated and dedicated to the cause of health and wellness Smile
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

Maniac Craniac Wrote:Hey, I'm sorry for making this thread take yet another turn, but I noticed in your profile that you run marathons. Do you know of any good websites that breakdown safe and effective methods for preparing for one? I have never done one before, but before injury, was regularly jogging 8 miles straight a few times a week. I would like to start small, with local 5ks and 10ks and such, and to be able to do major city marathons one day, but I don't know where to get started. I'm a fitness noob, but I am highly motivated and dedicated to the cause of health and wellness Smile

No worries. This is the off topic part of the boards anyways. Besides that...I will be bigger than Jillian Michaels one day so Excelsior will reach the subconsious minds of fitness fanatics everywhere!! :coolgleam:

As for running, I am a little biased since I was co-director of Jeff Galloway's training program here in the Chicago burbs for the 2009 Chicago Marathon. It's the run/walk method.

I know there are some programs out there that have you run/ walk in small increments and then later bring you up to running the whole marathon. With Galloway you keep your walk intervals throughout the marathon. Mine was 4 min running/ 1 min walking.

I pr'd that marathon.

Everyone in the training group finished.

Later that evening a few of us even went dancing(AFTER THE MARATHON!). Most people can't even walk for a week after one!

One half marathon I did back in 2008, my interval timer(recommend GYMBOSS!) went off and I stopped running and started walking. This guy comes up behind me and yells, "THIS IS A RUN LADY NOT A WALK."

I made him eat humble pie as I waited at the finish. He was dumbfounded when he realized I beat him. I ran/walked and he ran straight through.....

Yes, definately try Run Injury Free with Jeff Galloway: Your Complete Running Resource. Marathon Training, Half Marathon Training, 10K Training.

I am pretty sure you can buy the training program off his site if you don't want to train with a group. If money is an issue, he has free info on his site too. He offers ecoaching which is around $200 I think, or he sells the complete program without coaching for $9.99

Jeff Galloway Store - Detail

Here is a marathon training program to just finish a marathon (no time goal). Jeff Galloway's Marathon Training for all levels, including beginners

Here is another marathon training program if you have a time goal, minus some extra information you would get if you bought it for 9.99 off his website. Jeff Galloway's Marathon Training - Get Faster by using these Time Goal Schedules
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
april004 Wrote:No worries. This is the off topic part of the boards anyways. Besides that...I will be bigger than Jillian Michaels one day so Excelsior will reach the subconsious minds of fitness fanatics everywhere!! :coolgleam:

As for running, I am a little biased since I was co-director of Jeff Galloway's training program here in the Chicago burbs for the 2009 Chicago Marathon. It's the run/walk method.

I know there are some programs out there that have you run/ walk in small increments and then later bring you up to running the whole marathon. With Galloway you keep your walk intervals throughout the marathon. Mine was 4 min running/ 1 min walking.

I pr'd that marathon.

Everyone in the training group finished.

Later that evening a few of us even went dancing(AFTER THE MARATHON!). Most people can't even walk for a week after one!

One half marathon I did back in 2008, my interval timer(recommend GYMBOSS!) went off and I stopped running and started walking. This guy comes up behind me and yells, "THIS IS A RUN LADY NOT A WALK."

I made him eat humble pie as I waited at the finish. He was dumbfounded when he realized I beat him. I ran/walked and he ran straight through.....

Yes, definately try Run Injury Free with Jeff Galloway: Your Complete Running Resource. Marathon Training, Half Marathon Training, 10K Training.

I am pretty sure you can buy the training program off his site if you don't want to train with a group. If money is an issue, he has free info on his site too. He offers ecoaching which is around $200 I think, or he sells the complete program without coaching for $9.99

Jeff Galloway Store - Detail

Here is a marathon training program to just finish a marathon (no time goal). Jeff Galloway's Marathon Training for all levels, including beginners

Here is another marathon training program if you have a time goal, minus some extra information you would get if you bought it for 9.99 off his website. Jeff Galloway's Marathon Training - Get Faster by using these Time Goal Schedules
Whoo hoo! Thanks!

Even when I was out of shape, I could always move pretty fast on my feet. If I work on my wind, endurance and technique, hey, I might even win one some day! Then, when I'm on camera I will mention that april004, graduate of Excelsior College, pointed me in the right direction. That would forgo the subconscious and bring it straight into the limelight! cheersmate
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malcolm Nance: Excelsior BA to Cable News Star to Fighting for Ukraine Jonathan Whatley 9 905 05-01-2022, 09:56 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Obituary for former Excelsior English adjunct Sparklette 0 644 07-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,661 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Should we reach out to this guy? :) rebel100 13 1,832 09-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Last Post: sklineho
  Books for Sale! Excelsior CCS 120 EI2HCB 1 1,335 10-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB
  HELP! Excelsior's phone is disconnected and e-mails from AOL are coming back P00057870 6 2,080 01-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  *facepalm* Excelsior says I need two more classes rickyjo 26 3,915 12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Last Post: creative
  This Excelsior Alum... april004 9 1,833 11-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Last Post: taylor
  Cooler Minds Think Much Clearer... norema 2 922 10-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Last Post: JanusthePhoenix
  Would you like to become an advisor at Excelsior? gus 2 1,075 09-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Last Post: bawhitsett