Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia
I am taking advantage of the free Sophia courses and want to make sure I’m doing this correctly. My plan was to take as many of these courses as I can while they’re free Then exhaust any Other Sophia ,straighterline or study.com courses that I can before I apply and enroll at a school. I’m not a Current student at any college  Do I have to Apply or be enrolled In a program at tesu prior to taking these courses in order to be able to transfer them ? I sure hope not. 
Thanks
(06-07-2020, 08:08 PM)Pats20 Wrote: I am taking advantage of the free Sophia courses and want to make sure I’m doing this correctly. My plan was to take as many of these courses as I can while they’re free Then exhaust any Other Sophia ,straighterline or study.com courses that I can before I apply and enroll at a school. I’m not a Current student at any college  Do I have to Apply or be enrolled In a program at tesu prior to taking these courses in order to be able to transfer them ? I sure hope not. 
Thanks

No, you don't need to be enrolled at any school to take credits from Sophia or any alternate-credit provider. However, since you're interested in TESU, you may want to apply and have any existing credits evaluated so you can lock in your catalog for the next year. Your evaluation will also help you to understand what classes you need to focus on taking from Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, or elsewhere. That will also be important if the catalog changes degree requirements between now and when you are ready to graduate.

The new catalog usually comes out in July. Many times it is the same as the prior year, but in the last few years they have been making changes more often.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Great ! Thanks a lot.
You should make an acenet.edu account then transfer those courses to that account as you complete them.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Go to this post and read up: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ASE?page=2 - especially #19 which tells you what to do to get the cheapest possible pricing at TESU - beware, it's going away this month, you'll have to jump on it to get your rate.

Here is the list of Sophia courses and how they work at TESU: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...es-at-TESU
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Does Sophia send an email when the grade is processed? Just curious how long you wait before submitting to ACE after passing?
(06-07-2020, 08:22 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 08:08 PM)Pats20 Wrote: I am taking advantage of the free Sophia courses and want to make sure I’m doing this correctly. My plan was to take as many of these courses as I can while they’re free Then exhaust any Other Sophia ,straighterline or study.com courses that I can before I apply and enroll at a school. I’m not a Current student at any college  Do I have to Apply or be enrolled In a program at tesu prior to taking these courses in order to be able to transfer them ? I sure hope not. 
Thanks

No, you don't need to be enrolled at any school to take credits from Sophia or any alternate-credit provider. However, since you're interested in TESU, you may want to apply and have any existing credits evaluated so you can lock in your catalog for the next year. Your evaluation will also help you to understand what classes you need to focus on taking from Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, or elsewhere. That will also be important if the catalog changes degree requirements between now and when you are ready to graduate.

The new catalog usually comes out in July. Many times it is the same as the prior year, but in the last few years they have been making changes more often.
Have you taken a course from them before? And which one? If you don’t mind me asking
(06-09-2020, 08:22 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: Does Sophia send an email when the grade is processed?  Just curious how long you wait before submitting to ACE after passing?

I submit it on and for the day I pass the final milestone. It always goes through. For something like English, you submit it on and for the day you get your last essay graded.
I may have a problem. I am taking public speaking. I submitted my 3rd touchstone Last week. It’s taking 2 weeks to grade. I then have to make adjustments from their critique and submit the final touchstone. I just noticed on the ace website That the offered dates for Public speaking expires 6/30/20. There’s no way I will have my final touchstone graded by then. What to do ?
I've heard of some people modifying their prior touchstone based on anticipated results and submitting that. Like, did you stutter? Did you digress?

You could also try contacting Sophia to see what they say. They might be able to either reassure you that it'll be renewed or they could possibly light a fire under the reviewers to get yours back sooner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia to TESU Carnation 3 468 12-27-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 603 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  Sophia Intro to Networking Transfer Niketay 11 995 08-03-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia US Gov for Civic Engagement GE? PLEX 3 499 07-31-2023, 02:58 AM
  Duplicating a Sophia Class dillpickles 8 480 07-11-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: dillpickles
  SOPHIA ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE TRANSFER HELP mt_1994 5 773 05-18-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Confirmation Sophia's American Government transferred into TESU as POS-110 CanICode 3 618 05-16-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: jeremyminni
  Sophia programming course gams007 0 447 03-15-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Sophia Business Communication - TESU COM-202 Intro to Business Communications BSLIONS 0 575 02-21-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BSLIONS
  Sophia Intro to Nutrition Insert Name 15 1,944 11-14-2022, 12:09 PM