Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Ambassador
(09-22-2022, 01:55 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 11:22 AM)browniebo Wrote: UPDATE:

I applied to become an ambassador and mentioned my birthdate even though I'm too young because they reached out to me. I just got an email pronouncing me an official Sophia ambassador. Slightly nervous but hopefully it works out.

Nice, congrats! It seems Sophia has big plans for growth and a lot of interesting things in the works Wink

#SophiaAmbassador

Thank you!! They did just release a new course and I'm sure more is coming. Exciting stuff.
Working on: B.S. in Liberal Arts at Excelsior University

#SophiaAmbassador

Hello! 

I’d love to help with answering the questions in this thread. Our team sent an email to a very small subset of individuals for a pilot Ambassador program. The email audience was created based on those who spoke passionately about Sophia on social forums, provided feedback on various surveys, or “super users” who took a certain number of courses at our partner universities.

The purpose of this program is to bring together a community of people to help us listen to the voices of our learners to improve and widen our impact past taking a course. This is the very first time we are running this program so we are so excited about the future potential. Once the pilot is over, we will be opening applications to everyone and sharing this program with all of our users. 

Here is more information about the program and the benefits: https://www.sophia.org/ambassador/. One of the other added benefits is that this group will be participating in market research - providing feedback on new product features, course launches, and marketing campaigns. 

Apologies to a few folks who received a reminder email for the kickoff who were in a different distribution list. That was an error on our part and we reached out to those individuals directly. I hope this is able to provide some more clarity! If you have any additional questions, feel free to respond here or email ambassadors@sophia.org.

Thank you, 
The Sophia Team
[-] The following 1 user Likes SophiaAmbassadors's post:
  • browniebo
That's pretty cool and hilarious! I push Sophia hard in my UMPI guides. I think us at degreeforum are probably big revenue for sophia at this point lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Vle045
I just got the email today. I also applied.
[-] The following 2 users Like lisarox's post:
  • browniebo, Vle045
(09-28-2022, 11:43 PM)ashkir Wrote: That's pretty cool and hilarious! I push Sophia hard in my UMPI guides. I think us at degreeforum are probably big revenue for sophia at this point lol

Sophia gets pushed really hard on the WGU subreddits as well. Especially since a couple of the tech classes that they replace are considered really hard at WGU like project management, which requires the Project+ cert if taken at WGU, and web dev foundations, which I found pretty easy but a lot people struggle with.

It's actually kind of funny because I remember being one of the earliest ones to suggest Sophia on Reddit, before it even had a transfer agreement with WGU, and I'd get down voted by people that are adamant about SL. Now almost no one mentions SL there.

#SophiaAmbassador
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
StraighterLine was the best option at the time when Sophia.org was charging $329/course, now it's $99/month for unlimited, so it shot right up to my first recommendation for lower level or general education credits. Study.com is my second and StraighterLine pretty much dropped to third.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-05-2022, 03:00 PM)lisarox Wrote: I just got the email today. I also applied.

Congrats! That's awesome.

(10-06-2022, 10:24 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: StraighterLine was the best option at the time when Sophia.org was charging $329/course, now it's $99/month for unlimited, so it shot right up to my first recommendation for lower level or general education credits.  Study.com is my second and StraighterLine pretty much dropped to third.

I'm taking every course at Sophia that applies to my degree, it's been very nice to use so far. Study.com is my choice for UL/anything I don't do at Sophia.
Working on: B.S. in Liberal Arts at Excelsior University

#SophiaAmbassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 413 5 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 877 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 61,949 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 110 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 497 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,430 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 738 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 256 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 988 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab