Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Business Law Done
(11-09-2020, 02:45 PM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 08:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes it does.  The Sophia.org should satisfy the Business Law requirement at TESU.  
BTW GizmoJack, what AOS are you shooting for the BSBA?  Just wondering...

BSBA CIS is on the radar right now!

If you do the BSBA CIS you may as well get the Associates in Computer Science since it requires no extra courses or cost.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-07-2020, 05:30 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 02:45 PM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 08:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes it does.  The Sophia.org should satisfy the Business Law requirement at TESU.  
BTW GizmoJack, what AOS are you shooting for the BSBA?  Just wondering...

BSBA CIS is on the radar right now!

If you do the BSBA CIS you may as well get the Associates in Computer Science since it requires no extra courses or cost.

(Sorry don't mean to hijack)

OK, I have the credits, how do you do get the Associates at no extra cost?
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

(12-09-2020, 12:52 PM)GizmoJack Wrote: (Sorry don't mean to hijack)

OK, I have the credits, how do you do get the Associates at no extra cost?

You ask TESU to add the ASNSM Computer Science to your degree plan. Make sure that all requirements for this degree are fulfilled (which they should be) with the BSBA CIS. Graduate with your BSBA. You will also get the ASNSM at no additional cost because there is no Associate capstone for this degree. There are a few Associate's degrees that have no capstone (the ASNSM Math is another) but they may require additional courses to be taken.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • GizmoJack
(12-09-2020, 01:33 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You ask TESU to add the ASNSM Computer Science to your degree plan.

Is this done through walking stick, or is it an email to somebody? Or is there a form on the website that I'm not seeing? I'm sure it's been answered before, but for some reason I can not remember TESU processes and what applies where.
(12-09-2020, 05:57 PM)innen_oda Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 01:33 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You ask TESU to add the ASNSM Computer Science to your degree plan.

Is this done through walking stick, or is it an email to somebody? Or is there a form on the website that I'm not seeing? I'm sure it's been answered before, but for some reason I can not remember TESU processes and what applies where.
academicadvising@tesu.edu

Use this email and ask for it to be added.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(12-09-2020, 06:27 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: academicadvising@tesu.edu

Use this email and ask for it to be added.

Brill - many thanks!
(11-03-2020, 01:09 PM)ashkir Wrote: Does anyone have an example of a paper with an A? I would love to review a few before I submit one for this.

After this I'd be 100% done with Sophia \o/ wooo (minus Public Speaking cause it's not deaf friendly)

Hiya, I know this is a bit of an older thread but does anyone have any example papers? I want to take the business law course but it'll be my first Sophia course with a touchstone and the specifications for this one seem slightly complex yet not specifically expressed in the actual guidance  given. I'm trying to power through all of Sophia but the touchstones and math courses seem very intimidating ?
(01-28-2021, 04:13 PM)portia8 Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 01:09 PM)ashkir Wrote: Does anyone have an example of a paper with an A? I would love to review a few before I submit one for this.

After this I'd be 100% done with Sophia \o/ wooo (minus Public Speaking cause it's not deaf friendly)

Hiya, I know this is a bit of an older thread but does anyone have any example papers? I want to take the business law course but it'll be my first Sophia course with a touchstone and the specifications for this one seem slightly complex yet not specifically expressed in the actual guidance  given. I'm trying to power through all of Sophia but the touchstones and math courses seem very intimidating ?

I would suggest dipping your toes in by either completing College Readiness or Foundations of English Comp. Both have relatively quick touchstones to let you see what writing one is like without having to worry about the actual grade (because they don't count for credit at most places anyway). You should be able to finish each class in a few hours and then the touchstones should be graded in 3-4 days.

That said, the Business Law touchstone makes a lot more sense once you actually go through the course. It looks a lot more intimidating than it actually is. They're not expecting a whole lot from you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-28-2021, 04:13 PM)portia8 Wrote:

They give you a chance to revise if you bomb the first attempt, so maybe just give it a try? On mine, I began with a summary of what happened. Definitely make sure your 2 sources are good and review your spelling and grammar. Also, make sure you cover each of the parts of a contract and whether or how it applies to the scenario.
Completed Degrees:
BA Education, Towson University 
BA Christian Leadership, Christian Leaders Institute 2023

ADDITIONAL GRAD CREDIT:
SCSU (9 Cr)
NationsU (6 Cr)
Walden MBA (3 Cr)

CERTIFICATES:
Certificate in Post-Crisis Hospitality Management - University of South Florida, Muma College of Business 2020
I found the .edu website resources more useful than .org for resources/citations in completing the assignment. Specifically the law schools from respective universities—such as Cornell Law School, Berkeley Universoty Law School or University of New Mexico law school. There are lots of pertinent free information that is appropriate for the topic of the assignment concerning contracts etc. Also local libraries have legal books with definitions of terms, general information to use as legitimate academic material.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Runaml's post:
  • pkmoose

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 438 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 891 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,171 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 117 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 509 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,442 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 748 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,001 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 262 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 996 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab