Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Calculus!
Are the milestones timed or proctored?
(07-18-2022, 04:47 PM)ts20 Wrote: Are the milestones timed or proctored?

You have 3 hours to answer 14-29 questions, depending on the milestone. None are proctored.

Quiz questions are one point each. 81 total quizzes estimate 17% free points if you can score 100%

Milestones & final questions are 3 points each. 130 x 3 = 390  83% 

Need 63% avg to pass if you score 100% on quizzes or 70% overall.

The final won't matter most likely if you build up enough points, but I think you need at least 50% to pass. Also, I believe all milestones require a 50% score at least.

The Final is only worth 16% of your grade.

So who is going to be the first Guinea Pig for this course?

[Image: 6n6lv6.jpg]
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu, rachel83az
I saw someone already finished it on reddit(in about a day):

https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU_CompSci/com...&context=3
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
(07-18-2022, 04:18 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I did the 1st unit, and it was pretty straightforward.

After reviewing the pdf's and doing other practice problems, I would say this would be by far easier than even Straighterline.

I like that it breaks everything down into bite-size chunks, and when it asks you a question, the formula is right there for reference.

(07-20-2022, 11:36 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I saw someone already finished it on reddit(in about a day):

Well, I hate to break out my old hat and say I told you so, but it looks like I was right again. Hehe.

[Image: 6nf8mb.jpg]
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
MNomadic Wrote:I saw someone already finished it on reddit(in about a day):

That was a good read, hmm... I still wouldn't rush it, basically took the person 8-9 hours and it was probably their hardest course on Sophia.org and there were mentions of StraighterLine being an alternative course. I think I'll go the Sophia.org route first before starting elsewhere...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Man... I'm completely tempted to enroll in another school just to get the Calculus transcribed... So I have it in the future in case I ever need it, transcribed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
9 hours. ? Wow. Lol. I must be a goof ball.
A couple of key quotes from the person that went through Calculus in a day.

"The way they (calculators) spit the answer out might be simplified in a different way than the options they give you, so if it is a long formula, you have to know how to "reverse" the simplification formula, or move parts of the equations around to find the correct answer, if that makes any kind of sense."

"Well, I had calculus like 20 years ago in high school but I really didn’t remember any of it. Other than that, I work with more “regular” math a lot on almost a daily basis. (Just simple add, subtract, multiply, and divide.) It is just in the form of figuring out percentages and things in Excel spreadsheets. I wouldn’t say I am a math whiz or anything like that if that is what you were thinking! Maybe slightly above average at best."

You will notice that the calculator won't give you the exact answer that you see in the multiple choice. You will have to get used to this.

There is a link called "full pad" on Symbolab, this is super important.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
(07-21-2022, 04:00 AM)ashkir Wrote: Man... I'm completely tempted to enroll in another school just to get the Calculus transcribed... So I have it in the future in case I ever need it, transcribed.
If I want to get this sophia calculus course transcribed, how and which school would transcribe it without being formally admitted as student? If its even possible.
(07-23-2022, 10:29 PM)sialiblo Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 04:00 AM)ashkir Wrote: Man... I'm completely tempted to enroll in another school just to get the Calculus transcribed... So I have it in the future in case I ever need it, transcribed.
If I want to get this sophia calculus course transcribed, how and which school would transcribe it without being formally admitted as student? If its even possible.

It would be on your Credly or Parchment transcript. It will always be a transfer course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 8 192 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 749 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 59,999 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,213 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 278 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 630 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 891 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 210 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 868 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 329 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle