Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Code!
(07-07-2019, 03:54 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Or perhaps Public speaking? (COM 209)

Thanks for this idea, I would have totally done this one if I didn't already have the Oral Comm satisfied by SDC Presentation Skills in the Workplace. I love classes like that!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(07-07-2019, 03:59 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:

Thanks for this idea, I would have totally done this one if I didn't already have the Oral Comm satisfied by SDC Presentation Skills in the Workplace. I love classes like that!

I'm not sure, but Pres in the workplace could come in as COM-290. I don't know if you need both or just one.
(07-07-2019, 04:02 PM)lacussucceed Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 03:59 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:

I'm not sure, but Pres in the workplace could come in as COM-290. I don't know if you need both or just one.

You just made me want to double check my acad eval and it did come in as COM-290 which satisfied the Oral Comm requirement. I thought it came in as 209 until I checked again.
Started June 2022

Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
suzycupcake,

Is it possible that you will change your mind on your degree? I originally aimed for BALS then have since changed my mind. I was SO worried about passing any kind of math and had such a terrible experience with ALEKS that I gave up in 2017 (among other reasons). Passing CMSLearn the other day gave me wings and now I am doing Sophia.org's Intro to Statistics class so I can pursue TESU's BA in Psych + ASNAM in Comp Sci. Something to consider, that you don't have to "settle" with checking the box bc you think the math part will hold you back with getting the degree you want the most, which is what happened to me. I'm not sure if this is your case or not, just sharing my own experience, so I hope I didn't offend you, bc that is not my point. CSMLearn is SO fun and then the other math I need, for the principles of stats requirement I'm using Sophia.org’s Intro to Stats, I-N-T-R-O, lol, not full boar Stats. And, I have 60 days to complete it, so much less pressure, plus, no proctored exam. I had considered the Principles of Stats through Study.com, but don't like the cost associated with it if I need more than 2 weeks plus the proctored exam part. All in all, I'm enjoying the ride of learning stats, looking forward to each lesson, whereas any other method was not the same happy experience. If Sophia’s Intro to Stats is too much for me, I can always get a refund! Can’t do that with Study.com.

Just my 2 cents!!!!

So as far as any course you buy with the code, even if you bought the course months ago, they will refund you money within 30 days of starting the course, or not starting it at all.

The other thing I LOVE about Sophia.org is that courses can sometimes have several teachers with their own video for each module...so, often with tougher modules, I can watch several different "takes" of the process or idea if I didn't catch it right away with the first one.

HTH!

Danielle
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • TwinMom
(07-07-2019, 05:38 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: suzycupcake,

Is it possible that you will change your mind on your degree? I originally aimed for BALS then have since changed my mind. I was SO worried about passing any kind of math and had such a terrible experience with ALEKS that I gave up in 2017 (among other reasons). Passing CMSLearn the other day gave me wings and now I am doing Sophia.org's Intro to Statistics class so I can pursue TESU's BA in Psych + ASNAM in Comp Sci. Something to consider, that you don't have to "settle" with checking the box bc you think the math part will hold you back with getting the degree you want the most, which is what happened to me. I'm not sure if this is your case or not, just sharing my own experience, so I hope I didn't offend you, bc that is not my point. CSMLearn is SO fun and then the other math I need, for the principles of stats requirement I'm using Sophia.org’s Intro to Stats, I-N-T-R-O, lol, not full boar Stats. And, I have 60 days to complete it, so much less pressure, plus, no proctored exam. I had considered the Principles of Stats through Study.com, but don't like the cost associated with it if I need more than 2 weeks plus the proctored exam part. All in all, I'm enjoying the ride of learning stats, looking forward to each lesson, whereas any other method was not the same happy experience. If Sophia’s Intro to Stats is too much for me, I can always get a refund! Can’t do that with Study.com.

Just my 2 cents!!!!

So as far as any course you buy with the code, even if you bought the course months ago, they will refund you money within 30 days of starting the course, or not starting it at all.

The other thing I LOVE about Sophia.org is that courses can sometimes have several teachers with their own video for each module...so, often with tougher modules, I can watch several different "takes" of the process or idea if I didn't catch it right away with the first one.

HTH!

Danielle

CONGRATS on the CSMLearn class!!  FOR REAL on the Stats course????  WOW that's seriously amazing. I have thought so many times about other degrees but they all required more math classes so I shied away from them. You were totally on point in your thinking. Most recently (and I still have the tab up on my computer), I've considered BA in Psych but it required Stats. I'm at the point in my life where I need the box checked so I go back and forth between what I need to do to get this done quickly and what I would like to learn about. Neither degree (I don't think) is going to get me any further in my career (I work in Pharma) so my thought process always goes to what's easiest/quickest. 

I was honing in on Psych courses for UL (CooperSmith has a bunch). I think that gives me the best of both worlds. Classes that I want to take vs required but of course now you put this bug in my head. LOL!

So glad you had such a great experience with Sophia and CSMLearn!
Started June 2022

suzycupcake Wrote:Most recently (and I still have the tab up on my computer), I've considered BA in Psych but it required Stats.

Right, at first glance I always ignored Psych bc of the Stats too, but you can do what I’m doing and just take the stat classes that are more theory based and less math, such as intro to Stats with Sophia, which will satisfy that math requirement for STA-210. I believe I have davewill to thank for that clarification.

Also, I believe sannatone has expressed that many ppl do the BALS (and check out my thread on “multiple degrees”) to quickly check the box but find they go back to get the degree they want most later anyway.

Totally up to you! Since the code expires tomorrow, I’d jump on the intro to Stats course, knock out CSMLearn over 1 weekend soon, and change my declared degree to the one you want most and will enjoy having, just my 2 cents!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I guess we have to create a new account to use this code.

When I was trying to add it at first using the TESU login, it wouldn't let me add the Art History II class - it wasn't even showing up.

Is that not a class that transfers in? Does anyone know?
Started June 2022

(07-07-2019, 08:56 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Do we have to create a new account to use this code? It won't let me get the deal using my existing account (which I guess is related to TESU).

Thanks for the responses. I still don’t know what I was doing wrong (wasn’t a typo). I emailed them and clicked the link in the reply and it worked. My account is linked to Capella so maybe that’s why it wasn’t working?
(07-07-2019, 08:56 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: I guess we have to create a new account to use this code.

When I was trying to add it at first using the TESU login, it wouldn't let me add the Art History II class - it wasn't even showing up.

Is that not a class that transfers in? Does anyone know?

Do you have an account with them already? If so, then log in and just purchase the courses you want through the main website instead, not tesu.sophia.org.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(07-07-2019, 09:00 PM)jfgonzales71 Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 08:56 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Do we have to create a new account to use this code? It won't let me get the deal using my existing account (which I guess is related to TESU).

Thanks for the responses. I still don’t know what I was doing wrong (wasn’t a typo). I emailed them and clicked the link in the reply and it worked. My account is linked to Capella so maybe that’s why it wasn’t working?
You clicked a link in their reply email back to you?

I put the items in my cart and then put the code in and it worked until it asked me to login. As soon as I logged in, it wouldn’t let me get the code and then couldn’t find the Art History II class.
Started June 2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 361 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,476 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,325 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 657 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 941 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 217 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 891 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 363 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle