Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Eng Comp II
Just got word that CSU Global now accepts Sophia's English Composition II from my advisor. This is a new addition to CSU Global. Wahoo!!!!! I won't have to pay for it. Signing up for that baby by the 31st. I have a few other courses I'm already taking on Sophia. I'm just happy I don't have to pay to take this course because I took it as an honors course at a community college decades ago. The college no longer offers the course and has no info for me to submit to CSU to try to get credit for it so I am happy to take it for free. Phew!
(07-10-2020, 12:06 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Just got word that CSU Global now accepts Sophia's English Composition II from my advisor. This is a new addition to CSU Global. Wahoo!!!!! I won't have to pay for it. Signing up for that baby by the 31st. I have a few other courses I'm already taking on Sophia. I'm just happy I don't have to pay to take this course because I took it as an honors course at a community college decades ago. The college no longer offers the course and has no info for me to submit to CSU to try to get credit for it so I am happy to take it for free. Phew!

Schools are supposed to keep their catalogs and green sheets forever, I've been able to go back to my college from 1988 and get green sheets for 2 of my courses to get credit for something.  I had to contact the department directly to get the info though.  If I were you, I'd check with the college English department and ask for the green sheet.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-10-2020, 12:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 12:06 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Just got word that CSU Global now accepts Sophia's English Composition II from my advisor. This is a new addition to CSU Global. Wahoo!!!!! I won't have to pay for it. Signing up for that baby by the 31st. I have a few other courses I'm already taking on Sophia. I'm just happy I don't have to pay to take this course because I took it as an honors course at a community college decades ago. The college no longer offers the course and has no info for me to submit to CSU to try to get credit for it so I am happy to take it for free. Phew!

Schools are supposed to keep their catalogs and green sheets forever, I've been able to go back to my college from 1988 and get green sheets for 2 of my courses to get credit for something.  I had to contact the department directly to get the info though.  If I were you, I'd check with the college English department and ask for the green sheet.

I did contact them. They don't have the paperwork. They can't go to college to locate anything either due to COVID. If they don't have online access to it, then they are saying they don't have it right now. They don't know when they'll be allowed back on campus. I've spoken directly with the dean and his secretary. I tried! I'm ok with taking it through Sophia. It will help prep for me grad school. I'm trying to find the positive in this. Smile
(07-10-2020, 12:37 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 12:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I did contact them. They don't have the paperwork. They can't go to college to locate anything either due to COVID. If they don't have online access to it, then they are saying they don't have it right now. They don't know when they'll be allowed back on campus. I've spoken directly with the dean and his secretary. I tried! I'm ok with taking it through Sophia. It will help prep for me grad school. I'm trying to find the positive in this. Smile

Ah - so they don't have access to it right now, but they do have them.  So yes, I'd probably do the Sophia course (or the TECEP).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,316 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,395 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 604 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,960 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 562 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,809 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares