Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Eng Comp2..
I am enrolled in Sophia Eng Comp2 and I'm finding it quite impossible to finish. The intial essay questions and prompts are less than inspiring. Should I switch to another institution...like Davar Academy?
Thank you
Where do you plan on completing your degree? I wouldn't take Sophia's English Comp courses. They're a total nightmare. I tried one and I still wasn't done at 90 days because of how long it takes to be graded. The grading is horrendous.
Davar is NCCRS, if you're going to Excelsior or TESU, it'll be accepted at other institutions that well take NCCRS credits as well... However, I would recommend either an ACE option or going with CLEP/ModernStates.org to get the free vouchers currently available, you can do the online exam at home if you're in the US.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you're going to pay, I would do the TECEP if you'll be attending TESU. I wouldn't do the CLEP unless you can actually visit a testing center OR you happen to have a completely blank computer laying around that you can use. Why? Because they'll poke around in your computer's settings and I don't feel comfortable allowing someone who may have significantly less computer knowledge than I do mess around with my computer. I don't trust a randomly-chosen person to not mess things up. It's all just a huge security issue, too.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(01-18-2022, 04:22 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Davar is NCCRS, if you're going to Excelsior or TESU, it'll be accepted at other institutions that well take NCCRS credits as well... However, I would recommend either an ACE option or going with CLEP/ModernStates.org to get the free vouchers currently available, you can do the online exam at home if you're in the US.

EC won't take Davar I don't think - I've never seen it reported on here anyway.  EC is quite picky in what they will take for English Comp I & II, they won't take CLEP or DSST, they will only take the longer version of the SDC courses; so I wouldn't assume they'll accept Davar.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Coopersmith/Davar's official transfer partners are/was made for Excelsior and TESU, their courses were made with an equivalency transfer table which they recently removed on their website for some reason. To be safe, you always want to email the school in question. I only mentioned all three options as the member didn't mention a school, so you want to again, verify with the school before taking NCCRS credits, it's usually community college credits (RA) first then CLEP > ACE > NCCRS
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-18-2022, 01:31 AM)cyndigee Wrote: I am enrolled in Sophia Eng Comp2 and I'm finding it quite impossible to finish. The intial essay questions and prompts are less than inspiring. Should I switch to another institution...like Davar Academy?
Thank you

My twins struggled with it also but they did complete it. The grading seemed inconsistent at first but got better as we went along. They both ended up with an "A." How far along are you? If you're at least halfway maybe just push through.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

RUN. I am no kidding two months into this class and only did not drop it because I have submitted too many milestones to quit by now. Waiting on my final paper to be graded. Horrible grading consistency and each paper have been taking over a week to get graded. Try Study(.)com
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 1 user Likes mohelena02's post:
  • ss20ts
If your school will accept the CLEP (TESU does, I'm thinking Excelsior and Charter Oak do not), I would go that route (college comp w/essay). if you are reasonably competent in English, it is not difficult. And if you want to brush up, you can take the ModernStates.org prep course for free, and they'll then pay your test fee and even test center fee. Otherwise, I second study.com.
FWIW Excelsior College has a few courses that (also) satisfy their English 2 requirement (For example, Organizational Behavior) Check with an advisor,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,432 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,873 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 607 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,970 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares