Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sophia English Composition II - Done - About Grading times
I just finish English Composition II today, i get last grade few hours ago.

Just to give you an expectation of how long the course can take.

When i start the course i finish fast the Unit 1 challenges and send the assisgnment 1 the same day. The course request one assisgnment graded in order to send the next one.

Each time i get one assignment graded i send the next one in the same day.

In this way, the main delay to finish the course is the grading time.

I takes me 20 days to finish the course.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
[-] The following 5 users Like cecilgambe7's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, Cammilynn, ms_butterfly, rachel83az, ss20ts
(08-13-2020, 02:41 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: I just finish English Composition II today, i get last grade few hours ago.

When i start the course i finish fast the Unit 1 challenges and send the assisgnment 1 the same day. The course request one assisgnment graded in order to send the next one.

Awesome! Can I do this one first or do the first composting first?
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
(08-13-2020, 02:45 PM)mrskitty Wrote: Awesome! Can I do this one first or do the first composting first?

If you've not done any English Composition classes before, I highly recommend doing them in order. The second one builds on the first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • crotique
(08-13-2020, 02:45 PM)mrskitty Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 02:41 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: I just finish English Composition II today, i get last grade few hours ago.

Awesome! Can I do this one first or do the first composting first?

Totally, specially if you are native english-speaker (not like me), English 1 helps you mainly with grammar and structure, if you are english speaker this will be OK.

In the other hand English-I explain in a slow way the APA citation protocol, it isn't something difficult but English 2 request it a lot, you can use the APA sources they gives you.

If you will do both courses my advice is to take English-I first and then English-II, but if for some weird reason you need to take English-II first, it is perfectly possible to pass it without doing first English-I
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cecilgambe7's post:
  • ms_butterfly
@cecilgambe7, good job! 20 days is much better than 8 weeks or 12 week courses! I agree, do English I and then English II.

@mrskitty, I highly recommend taking courses in order, generally the first course provides prerequisites for the second course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • BrianFallon, cecilgambe7, crotique
Nice work! Thank you for the report. Sounds like they have cleared the backlog.
There is also a tutoring service. I use it for English 1, but it slows the process.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
Delays are back. I've been waiting for an assignment to get back so I can turn in the next one in. Now this message alert was at the top of my screen:

"Due to the grading and sequencing requirements in this course, we are unable to accept requests for "expedited" grading of Touchstones. You should expect 7-9 days for grading for each individual Touchstone."

I didn't even ask them for anything about expediting. Although, I was considering it since my time is running out. They need to take this stupid submitting restriction off.
(08-21-2020, 09:45 AM)rpmranger Wrote: Delays are back. I've been waiting for an assignment to get back so I can turn in the next one in. Now this message alert was at the top of my screen:

"Due to the grading and sequencing requirements in this course, we are unable to accept requests for "expedited" grading of Touchstones. You should expect 7-9 days for grading for each individual Touchstone."

I didn't even ask them for anything about expediting. They need to take this stupid submitting restriction off though.

It is quite frustrating to see this message when you're hoping that they're going to return the assignments on time. Those type of delays could actually derail the whole process. I am wondering whether I am not doing these assignments for nothing, as I don't have any more extensions. They assured me that the marking time will actually be reduced on the chat. And now this...I agree that the restrictions on submissions are really dumb. But it appears to be an effective way of shifting the blame unto the student.
(08-21-2020, 09:45 AM)rpmranger Wrote: Delays are back. I've been waiting for an assignment to get back so I can turn in the next one in. Now this message alert was at the top of my screen:

I didn't even ask them for anything about expediting. Although, I was considering it since my time is running out. They need to take this stupid submitting restriction off.

I wouldn't worry about it. I submitted a touchstone Friday evening and it was graded in less than 12 hours.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 408 3 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 875 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 61,926 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 108 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 494 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,430 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 738 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 256 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 982 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab