Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Environmental Science to WGU
(06-03-2020, 01:56 PM)eminor7 Wrote: I just called them. The enrollment team is not familiar with Sophia and the transcript team is offline. I guess the only to find out is when I actually enroll and transfer. Thank you very much for your help.

Did anyone ever get an answer on whether WGU will take Sophia Environmental Science for their Integrated Physical Science course?
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

I emailed them and after a long time they answered and said that it does not meet the current guidelines.
Pierpont BOG AAS Information Systems 2022 
TESU BA Music 2023

Obtained tons of credit from Sophia, Study.com, InstantCert Credit, TEEX, CLEP,  UExcel, Straighterline, CSMLearn, Coopersmith, Coursera, and CC
(07-20-2020, 08:42 PM)eminor7 Wrote: I emailed them and after a long time they answered and said that it does not meet the current guidelines.

Well, that's no fun!  Thanks for the update!
WGU MBA 2022

(06-03-2020, 01:04 PM)eminor7 Wrote: Thank you. I have emailed the above email address but no response. What other Sophia courses were you able to transfer to WGU?

As a FYI, WGU's transcript evaluation team is pretty busy so they generally will not reply to random questions unless you have applied and are working with an enrollment counselor. At least that is what I have been told.

I ended up having to re-apply so I could get my transcripts re-evaluated towards a BSCS and to confirm how certain courses would come in that haven't yet been added to the transfer pathways agreement for Study.com.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(07-20-2020, 09:32 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 01:04 PM)eminor7 Wrote: Thank you. I have emailed the above email address but no response. What other Sophia courses were you able to transfer to WGU?

As a FYI, WGU's transcript evaluation team is pretty busy so they generally will not reply to random questions unless you have applied and are working with an enrollment counselor. At least that is what I have been told.

I ended up having to re-apply so I could get my transcripts re-evaluated towards a BSCS and to confirm how certain courses would come in that haven't yet been added to the transfer pathways agreement for Study.com.

I recently applied to WGU (although I'm currently enrolled at TESU). I am considering moving over to WGU for a number of reasons, including the opportunity to graduate about 4 months sooner however, WGU is a little more selective in what credits they will accept.  

WGU does not currently have an "official" pathway with Sophia but my enrollment counselor said some credits transfers may be possible on a course by course basis.  Like most, I took advantage of the free Sophia courses but outside of Algebra, it doesn't look promising that WGU will take much from Sophia.  As soon as my enrollment counselor gets all my transcripts, the picture should become much clearer.  I'll report back any Sophia revelations I find.
WGU MBA 2022

(07-20-2020, 08:42 PM)eminor7 Wrote: I emailed them and after a long time they answered and said that it does not meet the current guidelines.

(07-20-2020, 10:25 PM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 09:32 PM)Merlin Wrote:

I recently applied to WGU (although I'm currently enrolled at TESU). I am considering moving over to WGU for a number of reasons, including the opportunity to graduate about 4 months sooner however, WGU is a little more selective in what credits they will accept.  

WGU does not currently have an "official" pathway with Sophia but my enrollment counselor said some credits transfers may be possible on a course by course basis.  Like most, I took advantage of the free Sophia courses but outside of Algebra, it doesn't look promising that WGU will take much from Sophia.  As soon as my enrollment counselor gets all my transcripts, the picture should become much clearer.  I'll report back any Sophia revelations I find.

GizmoJack, you were able to transfer Sophia's Environmental Science to WGU for Integrated Physical Sciences (C165), right?
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid315862

Has anyone else been able to transfer it to WGU or did you receive the same response as eminor7?

Thanks!
(09-04-2020, 04:15 AM)DeterminedDad Wrote: GizmoJack, you were able to transfer Sophia's Environmental Science to WGU for Integrated Physical Sciences (C165), right?

Has anyone else been able to transfer it to WGU or did you receive the same response as eminor7?

Thanks!

Yes they accepted Sophia for C165 Integrated Physical Sciences for the BSSD.  I enclosed a copy of the eval page for your review.  Thanks

Attached Files
.pdf   WGU-Transcript.pdf (Size: 6.37 KB / Downloads: 45)
WGU MBA 2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes GizmoJack's post:
  • DeterminedDad
(09-05-2020, 12:41 AM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 04:15 AM)DeterminedDad Wrote: GizmoJack, you were able to transfer Sophia's Environmental Science to WGU for Integrated Physical Sciences (C165), right?

Thanks!

Yes they accepted Sophia for C165 Integrated Physical Sciences for the BSSD.  I enclosed a copy of the eval page for your review.  Thanks

Thank you for responding and uploading the eval.
Each "school" within WGU is different, so you will get different answers depending on that.

But, I would go and see if they will accept Study.com's ENS 101: Environment & Humanity for your particular degree: https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Transfer....=Study.com
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU BS in Health Science Jonathan Whatley 3 229 04-06-2024, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  WGU Sophia College of IT no courses anymore? jobojoe285 7 253 04-01-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  How fast (in how many days) can you realistically finish Sophia, etc. or WGU course? whiverem 32 7,384 01-19-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 746 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  Computer Science Program is now ABET accredited frankc 18 1,714 10-12-2023, 12:58 PM
  Sophia Learning vs. Study.com BrotherG 8 1,564 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,050 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  WGU announced a new Master of Science in Learning Experience Design and Education GizmoJack 24 4,368 09-08-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,628 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU Computer Science degree vs Cyber security indigoshuffle 8 2,206 01-10-2023, 10:01 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle