Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Fun is almost over
Just realized that I was able to take almost all courses on sophia.org except the three that do not transfer, and 6 courses I didn't need as they would have either been a duplicate or simply had no use for them in my degree.Hope most of us were able to take advantage of the offer as it was a ton of money saved. I learned a lot from it and in a format that was fun compared to other courses. Was wondering how was everybody experience and if it helped significantly to get closer to their goal. I know it did for me and am grateful for such an opportunity. The free courses have been one of the few positive things about this year. And it helped me deal with stress too as it gave me something to focus on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lacedonia4's post:
  • ldmoose
Same here. very grateful for the free courses from sophia to be used for gen ed and free electives at tesu. Definitely got me closer to my degree completion quicker and less money spent. I didn't need all of the courses they offer. Very grateful since otherwise clep and dsst options were not available due to test center closures. thank you sophia
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

What can I say... 

My BSBA plans completion step from 7.5% to 47.5%.
And I still have 3 courses to complete.

My degree went from being something far away to something very achievable.

I am very grateful to Sophia.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
[-] The following 2 users Like cecilgambe7's post:
  • Clepper43, Muldoon
I'm just taking courses for extra knowledge and I found some courses easy, while others that are outside my area of expertise hard. Microeconomics is kicking my a** lol.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
I've had three kids taking Sophia courses during this period. My eldest did courses through Saylor, SDC, and Sophia, and said by far he preferred Sophia.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • Clepper43
I'm whittling down on the list of Sophia courses that I haven't taken. I've only got a handful left. I hope to have all but English Comp II and Public Speaking done by the 31st, at which point I'll take those two classes. I don't necessarily need Public Speaking now, but I'll probably take it just for the extra credit.
A degree was an impossible dream for me without this offer from Sophia. I'll still take their courses at regular price.
[-] The following 5 users Like monchevy's post:
  • Clepper43, ldmoose, MrBossmanJr, rachel83az, SteveFoerster
With a full time job and only able to study on weekends, I had only managed to complete 7 courses so far. I find it pointless to rush through all the courses and get a lowish passing mark, so far all my grades have been above 90 and I'm very happy with the study format. Would be happy to continue with Sophia if they can keep the course fee down. Grateful for this learning experience.
[-] The following 3 users Like robertsted's post:
  • Clepper43, MrBossmanJr, Muldoon
I wrapped up 10 Sophia classes thus far. My original goal was to complete College Algebra and Statistics. I'm decent enough in those areas but after working on ALEKS, I was ready to try a different path. I completed both of those classes.

For good measure, I added the following: Approaches to World Religions; Art History I; Conflict Resolution; Project Management; US History I and II; and Visual Communication.

Before the 31st, I'll complete Greek Philosophers and Psychology. I want to end on the 31st enrolled in Sociology and Art History II.

Although all of the courses were not immediately applicable to my degree plan (Stats; Project Management; Algebra; and one of the US History classes were put in degree requirements by TESU) I took the remaining classes because they will count toward transcripting 150 credit hours needed for a CPA exam.

I do think that there is something to be said of learning for the sake of learning - to be a well rounded person and while, for example, I took a Logic class at a brick and mortar school years ago, the Greek Philosophers is a good reminder of that material.

All in all, I found Sophia to be an excellent provider of course material. I suppose I could have worked faster or gone about the approach of just guessing, but there was some solid material there. Well organized (without the Onlinedegree.com problem of the quiz not matching the material) and I liked the various ways to learn.

As a provider of the lower level classes, they did well. I'd be willing to pay their fees if they roll out any upper level classes that fit in my degree plan.
[-] The following 3 users Like BrianFallon's post:
  • Clepper43, monchevy, Muldoon
During the pandemic, I've completed 25 Sophia courses (71 credits) while pursuing other studies. I did not take any of the foundations courses and focused on Statistics rather than College Algebra. I still have one course left. I am aiming for 26 courses (74 credits). I am very satisfied.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 9 131 4 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 115 58,963 11 hours ago
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 545 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 815 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 198 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 844 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 319 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 233 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,145 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 351 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM