Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Fun is almost over
I think the stuggle with math, language, writing, computer programming is mainly due bad technique.

People get caught up trying to remember things but that's not how you master these subjects. With math and computers it helps to have a cheat sheet available and knowing how to find answers fast. Other than that it is just practice and experience to get good.

There are people making $250,000+ per year as senior level programmer yet still can't do basic SQL commands like create a table. So they just google the answer during their workday. Nobody knows everything.

So don't fall victim to the imposter syndrome.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • AwardTour, rachel83az, ss20ts
Sophia saved me at least a year and who-knows-how-many dollars! I completed 27 credits, including Statistics. I had planned to take CSMLearn but since I could take Stats for free with Sophia I gave it a shot. There was nothing easy about it but I was able to complete with an 83% and I learned a lot!

I loved the format of Sophia courses. Subjects in my wheelhouse were easy yet still interesting and informative. And difficult subjects were broken down better than any way I've ever experienced, making them doable and even enjoyable. I cannot say enough good things about Sophia and I'm so thankful for the credits I was able to earn for FREE!

TESU BALS December 2020
[-] The following 5 users Like ldmoose's post:
  • ctcarl, LongRoad, Muldoon, P226mem, rachel83az
YES! Sophia has been AMAZING! I completed all of the courses during lockdown- there were 23 that should transfer well I from what I've read. I've taken all the TEEX cyber security courses, the Institutes Ethics, and about 10 CLEP tests. There were a lot of colleges that partner with Sophia so I may throw another college or two in the mix when I send my transcripts for evaluation (as soon as I get my Aug 1 paycheck). I will always be grateful to Sophia, what they did was amazing.
(07-29-2020, 04:35 PM)Lydclrk Wrote: YES! Sophia has been AMAZING! I completed all of the courses during lockdown- there were 23 that should transfer well I from what I've read.  I've taken all the TEEX cyber security courses, the Institutes Ethics, and about 10 CLEP tests. There were a lot of colleges that partner with Sophia so I may throw another college or two in the mix when I send my transcripts for evaluation (as soon as I get my Aug 1 paycheck).  I will always be grateful to Sophia, what they did was amazing.

Does anyone know if these are ACE credits? I'm looking at TEEX and Institute Ethics.
(07-29-2020, 04:47 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 04:35 PM)Lydclrk Wrote: YES! Sophia has been AMAZING! I completed all of the courses during lockdown- there were 23 that should transfer well I from what I've read.  I've taken all the TEEX cyber security courses, the Institutes Ethics, and about 10 CLEP tests. There were a lot of colleges that partner with Sophia so I may throw another college or two in the mix when I send my transcripts for evaluation (as soon as I get my Aug 1 paycheck).  I will always be grateful to Sophia, what they did was amazing.

Does anyone know if these are ACE credits? I'm looking at TEEX and Institute Ethics.

http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...ICE=300096

It's listed under online course with ACE credit. I still have not passed the exam at the Institutes. It's a nightmare of a (professional) ethics course where you need to know how an insurance professional ought to respond to every query. Sophia was much better, at least for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes openair's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-29-2020, 04:52 PM)openair Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 04:47 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...ICE=300096

It's listed under online course with ACE credit. I still have not passed the exam at the Institutes. It's a nightmare of a (professional) ethics course where you need to know how an insurance professional ought to respond to every query. Sophia was much better, at least for me.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm taking ethics with Sophia right now and figured I may need a backup. It's not going well. Hopefully it gets better. If not well it's only a few days. LOL
Does anyone know the exact time for the cutoff? I have four courses left and am rushing to finish two so I can start the other two before the cutoff. So far I have finished 14 courses and am hoping to hit 18/19 that transfer to COSC since one of them I've already taken at uni Big Grin
(07-30-2020, 07:38 AM)daharamu Wrote: Does anyone know the exact time for the cutoff? I have four courses left and am rushing to finish two so I can start the other two before the cutoff. So far I have finished 14 courses and am hoping to hit 18/19 that transfer to COSC since one of them I've already taken at uni Big Grin
11:59 pm central time. I was told by support team. But plz recheck since they have suddern policy changes lately
(07-30-2020, 08:37 AM)Cofffeee Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 07:38 AM)daharamu Wrote: Does anyone know the exact time for the cutoff? I have four courses left and am rushing to finish two so I can start the other two before the cutoff. So far I have finished 14 courses and am hoping to hit 18/19 that transfer to COSC since one of them I've already taken at uni Big Grin
11:59 pm central time. I was told by support team. But plz recheck since they have suddern policy changes lately

Awesome, thank you! Big Grin I'm guessing that's 11:59 pm central time on July 31st not July 30th yeah?

*Edit: I just asked them and they replied: "It's 11:59 p.m. on July 31, in the student's time zone."
I’ve completed 19 Sophia courses. When It’s all said and done I will have completed 21. I am forever grateful to Sophia For helping me pursue my dream. After 30 years Of dreaming about  returning to school Sophia made it a reality. Thanks a lot
[-] The following 2 users Like Pats20's post:
  • gams007, Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 358 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,436 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,322 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 656 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 938 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 890 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 360 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle