Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Learning - New membership levels and pricing
Received an email a few minutes ago noting these changes/options, effective March 30
  • $99/month
  • $299 for 4 months (25% off)
  • 12 months for $599 (50% off)

Quote:As a valued Sophia member, you have the option to lock in your current membership rate of $79 a month until you cancel. Students who rejoin after cancelling membership will be subject to new membership rates.

There’s no action needed from you. Simply continue your monthly membership and save.

Want to upgrade to the 4 or 12-month membership? You can sign up in your account settings beginning March 30. Please note that if you upgrade to a 4-month or 12-month membership you won’t be able to return to the $79 monthly rate.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 5 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • ISKBizz15, LevelUP, ss20ts, StudiousTraveller, Tedium
A $20 jump on the monthly? Ouch.
Pierpont BOG AAS: AOS Information Systems  - 2019
I just saw that email and was going to post the same thing. I was like…. Oooooh…. No more dragging feet. They aren’t doing public codes anymore. So don’t even wait. Get your $79 a month in now unless you are thinking of going for a year.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
$99 a month is still a steal compared to the $329 they were charging per class prior to the pandemic.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Michelle779, studyingfortests
I hope they're working on new courses. They could rival Study.com if they started to massively expand their offerings.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, Michelle779
Sophia is a part of Capella/Strayer so they could snap their fingers and shut down Sophia altogether if they felt that Sophia was cannibalizing their online college revenue.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ss20ts
That 4 month plan would still be a good discount over the current price and be the perfect length of time for most anyone to finish as many courses as they wanted/needed to transfer into their degree.

The 12 month plan would be a great deal too, especially for those that want to take their time and complete a lot of courses like homeschoolers.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • StoicJ, Vle045
(03-15-2022, 02:23 PM)MNomadic Wrote: That 4 month plan would still be a good discount over the current price and be the perfect length of time for most anyone to finish as many courses as they wanted/needed to transfer into their degree.

This is true.  If my son were to say he wanted to take a “Gap Year” before starting college, I would totally be on board with that idea if he were working on Sophia for that year.   Wink

(Dear Lord, please let my kid choose some sort of degree.  He is not the type that would do well in a trade.  We don’t want him living in our basement the rest of his life!   Bahaha.)
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 4 users Like Vle045's post:
  • , ashkir, jsd, suzycupcake
jsd Wrote:I hope they're working on new courses. They could rival Study.com if they started to massively expand their offerings.

LevelUP Wrote:Sophia is a part of Capella/Strayer so they could snap their fingers and shut down Sophia altogether if they felt that Sophia was cannibalizing their online college revenue.

Yes, I think it can go either way, but more leaning towards what jsd is saying here. I think they'll be expanding slowly just to start the processes of gaining market share and eating into StraighterLine/Study.com's chunk of the pie.

(03-15-2022, 02:28 PM)Vle045 Wrote: This is true.  If my son were to say he wanted to take a “Gap Year” before starting college, I would totally be on board with that idea if he were working on Sophia for that year.   Wink

(Dear Lord, please let my kid choose some sort of degree.  He is not the type that would do well in a trade.  We don’t want him living in our basement the rest of his life!   Bahaha.)

That's a great idea! My niece and nephew are in their late teens, the 4 month or 1 year membership would be ideal to get them started on their journey.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
At least they have longer subscriptions again. Better snap up what you need while you can.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 327 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 767 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,312 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,304 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 308 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 647 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 911 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 214 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 886 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 357 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle