Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sophia Learning now just $79 Monthly OR $149 YEAR~!
(08-01-2020, 03:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 03:19 PM)Muldoon Wrote: I wonder if the subscription means there is no longer a 60 day time limit to complete classes, assuming you are paying the monthly fee. It says "take them whenever you want" under your subscription, so does that mean you can take as long as you want to finish them? Like, could you use one active course and take your time on it while you race through and cycle out the second active course? Only asking because I couldn't finish one, and having more time would have helped.

On Monday the chat feature should be open again. Ask them if you can have the class reactivated. Worst thing they can do is say no. During the free period I was able to have classes reset after I dropped them.

I'm considering doing that! The class I couldn't finish was moved to Inactive, so I signed up for two other classes instead to take advantage of the free pricing before it ended. Once I finish at least one of those, I'll ask about it, but there's no point in asking until I actually have the time to work on it.

The reason I thought about the timing is I had one class at SDC that I really struggled with, so I alternated between working on it and switching to other classes that were more interesting and easier to me. It eventually took me 6 months to pass that one class BUT I was also finishing other classes at the same time. I never would have been able to finish it in one month alone. So something like that might be helpful to people using Sophia's membership.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
I have a lot of course scheduled on the same date so i think i drop the courses and take the 149 deal.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
[-] The following 2 users Like SweetsugarNL's post:
  • Jobe112, rachel83az
(08-02-2020, 11:12 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: I have a lot of course scheduled on the same date so i think i drop the courses and take the 149 deal.

I will definitely take this offer, is the best one better than study.com unlimited courses. 
But this offer has an expire date so we have 29 days still to decide.

"This new subscription is available to everyone for $79/month. But, as a thank-you, we want to extend an exciting offer:
You can enjoy an annual subscription for only $149, a savings of over $790 off our monthly subscription price.
With a Sophia membership, you get access to Sophia's entire catalog of ACE CREDIT-recommended courses—you can complete as many as you want in your subscription period, taking up to two at a time.
This exclusive annual membership offer is only available through August 31."

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
My courses start in a few days. I would  like to be surf that im able to start them under that offer when i drop them so i ask Sophia tomorrow.
COMPLETED

Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 

Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
My first post was praising Sophia. My second post will be the same. Everything I said in my first post I mean it in my second one. I swear if I get my degree...i'll fund a personal scholarship via Sophia to someone less fortunate. Sophia if you are watching. Thank you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jobe112's post:
  • rachel83az
So i ask sophia en if you drop a course you can activate it on a later time under your membership.
COMPLETED

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
Hey guys, anyone knows what is that about buy one give one free deal? Are there any restrictions?
(08-03-2020, 03:03 PM)mgmar22 Wrote: Hey guys, anyone knows what is that about buy one give one free deal? Are there any restrictions?

Restrictions like what? You have to buy it by the end of August and the expiration code expires after 6 months.
(08-03-2020, 03:07 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 03:03 PM)mgmar22 Wrote: Hey guys, anyone knows what is that about buy one give one free deal? Are there any restrictions?

Restrictions like what? You have to buy it by the end of August and the expiration code expires after 6 months.
Like i mean, can i give that the free one to my friend as a gift? Should he/she has to be my relative?
(08-03-2020, 04:08 PM)mgmar22 Wrote: Like i mean, can i give that the free one to my friend as a gift? Should he/she has to be my relative?

It doesn't say anything about who you can and cannot give it to. In theory, you could give the code to a random stranger.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 297 8 hours ago
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 762 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,159 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,250 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 300 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 635 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 895 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 875 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 335 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle