Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Milestones - Vague
Hello for anyone on the forum who has taken sophia courses, I am trying to understand the milestones. I heard that they are timed 25 mc questions and "open book".  

What is allowed when testing in front of the proctor. Can I use written study notes that I took while going through the course. The "open book" is pretty vague.
@JohnDoe99, you can use all the resources provided, including your notes you have created. The "proctor" you're using is biometric, you type a phrase into the screen, it will "remember" that each time. They have AI technology that uses the typing as a biometric tool, they also use your browser/IP details for tracking purposes. You just have 1 thing to remember, it's not-proctored by a person or a recording, they go by the honor system, you can NOT have anyone help you with the quiz/tests or assignments.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
(12-12-2021, 02:43 PM)JohnDoe99 Wrote: Hello for anyone on the forum who has taken sophia courses, I am trying to understand the milestones. I heard that they are timed 25 mc questions and "open book".  

What is allowed when testing in front of the proctor. Can I use written study notes that I took while going through the course. The "open book" is pretty vague.

You should really read the blog more before posting a question. There are no proctors on Sophia courses. You simply have to answer all of the questions on the final in the allotted time correctly. You have full access to the course material during this time.
Hey, I got your private message and here's my reply: I recommend you to get a second monitor if you don't have one already, I love using it for multi-tasking! Having the pdf/online materials with one screen and taking the quizzes on the other screen for the open book quizzes are great. You can have multiple documents, tabs, textbooks, etc open on a secondary monitor while you do the quiz on your primary screen. I tell people to do this for all providers, until the proctor final, you just need to remove the second monitor and voila! (I use a laptop and second monitor and get so much more done than on a tiny laptop screen...)

Just an FYI: Sophia.org/TEEX are the only two providers that are NOT proctored by realtime or recordings, for quiz, milestones/touchstones, finals, you can have the secondary monitor attached, and have as many course material open as you wish, you just can't have anyone help you with finding the answers with these open book quiz/exams or assignments if any... You don't really need to worry about proctoring at Sophia/TEEX as they don't have any, it's all open book too. Just work hard on finding the answers with the materials they provide you, and review those while you're doing the quizzes/exams, assignments... multitask!

Again, Sophia/TEEX are NOT proctored, you can do what you want with the materials they provide you. The other providers such as Onlinedegree.com (if you're in the USA) Saylor.org, StraighterLine.com, Study.com, community college courses, etc, all have proctoring, that is when they have closed book exams, no other materials available as you will be recorded or have a real time person viewing your screen... that is when you just need to remove the second monitor. Straighterline has some open book exams for courses, some are closed book, for proctoring... The other providers, it's all closed book exams with proctoring...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, Pikachu, suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 9 135 4 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 115 58,973 11 hours ago
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 548 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 815 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 198 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 844 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 319 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 234 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,147 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 351 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM