Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HappyPeanut - Questions & Answers
I'm enrolled in Introduction to Business course over at Sophia.com. For the experienced people out there i would like to know, Did you guys read all the unit chapters or skip a lot of reading? Can you share some tips and tricks? Thanks Heart
Read everything. Complete all of the quiz questions. Use the text when taking the exams. It's all open book.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • HappyPeanut, Pikachu, rachel83az
(07-21-2021, 12:26 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Read everything. Complete all of the quiz questions. Use the text when taking the exams. It's all open book.

Ditto. Read everything, take ALL quiz questions and you will be very well prepared for the challenges. If you skip anything it will stall you when you are trying to complete the challenges.
(07-21-2021, 12:26 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Read everything. Complete all of the quiz questions. Use the text when taking the exams. It's all open book.

Thanks for sharing!
Even if you read everything and complete all of the quiz (Challenge) questions, there can be some Milestone questions that seem to come out of the blue. Don't sweat it. A couple of wrong answers won't be the end of the world.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The reading tends to be linear.

You can just download the PDFs, then have 2 windows open.  1 for the pdf and 1 for the quiz.  Or just open 2 tabs so you can see the reading on one side and the quiz on the other so you don't waste time scrolling up and down.

I skim read if I know a little about the subject, then on Terms to Know or terms I see in bold print I do read that that part.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • ctcarl, Pikachu, Vle045
(07-21-2021, 02:32 PM)LevelUP Wrote: The reading tends to be linear.

You can just download the PDFs, then have 2 windows open.  1 for the pdf and 1 for the quiz.  Or just open 2 tabs so you can see the reading on one side and the quiz on the other so you don't waste time scrolling up and down.

I skim read if I know a little about the subject, then on Terms to Know or terms I see in bold print I do read that that part.

That’s pretty much how I did them too.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
For Sophia.org, Study.com, StraighterLine and other providers such as TEEX, I have a laptop and a secondary monitor to multi task on, so essentially I have all the information such as the webpage/PDF files open on the second monitor and the laptop I have the quizzes/open book exams and assignments. Having extra screen real estate allows me to get so many things done instead of having to click on multiple/several tabs. When the proctored finals come into play, I just remove the extra monitor and take the test.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ctcarl, Pikachu
Heart 
I've started my first course at Sophia.com to do my general ed. When i am reading to answer the given three questions i answer one question correctly, it then prompts go to the next concept. Does it mean i don't need to answer the remaining two questions if i answer the first correctly? How much does it affect my score? Heart
BTW, you're typing in Sophia.com, it's Sophia.org - Anyways, you get 3 chances at getting that one point. If you have the first question correct in that batch of three, you go to the next one. You see the score at the top of the screen, if you have a perfect score or if you have the question incorrect 3 times, it'll show at the top... each and every question would have to be completed before the quizzes are completed.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • HappyPeanut

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linked University Questions for Sophia jdubley 8 1,361 09-28-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Sophia & Study questions CM1999 4 1,229 04-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree
  Computer Architecture Questions ACI 4 886 03-18-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Sophia Courses - Questions Dosada 9 1,148 12-13-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  HappyPeanut - Progress Thread HappyPeanut 33 2,103 11-10-2022, 01:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Saylor.org exam retake same questions deegee 3 1,440 07-02-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation Coopersmith questions. Vle045 8 1,733 06-07-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Michelle779
  Questions for anyone who has taken ACTFL exams rachel83az 6 1,203 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
  study.com calculus course -- how many multiple choice questions in the final exam? lylx1981 2 1,054 11-26-2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Quick Study.com Questions iothom 8 1,766 11-02-2021, 01:53 AM
Last Post: LevelUP