Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia OnlineDegree comparsion
Hi,
Has anyone made a spreadsheet that shows what Sophia & OnlineDegree classes overlap?  I prefer the Sophia format so I would like to take most of the Sophia classes before going to OnlineDegree.  Just don't want to do double work if I did not have to.

Thanks,
Mike
what school are you going to?

Here is the onlinedegree.com transfer guide: https://www.onlinedegree.com/full-transfer-guide/

In general courses with same title would overlap. Courses I know overlap at TESU: microecon, accounting, psychology, history (with sophia us hist II)

other courses that potentially overlap at other schools but don't overlap at tesu would be biology and environmental science. So for TESU you could do both biology and environmental science and be good.

The other courses onlinedegree offers are unique (cooking, cybercrime, education, etc.) are courses that sophia doesn' offer.
(04-09-2020, 11:58 AM)natshar Wrote: what school are you going to?

Here is the onlinedegree.com transfer guide: https://www.onlinedegree.com/full-transfer-guide/

In general courses with same title would overlap. Courses I know overlap at TESU: microecon, accounting, psychology, history (us hist II)

other courses that potentially overlap at other schools but not tesu would be biology and environmental science.

The other courses onlinedegree offers are unique (cooking, cybercrime, education, etc.) are courses that sophia doesn' offer.

thanks,
I applied many years ago to all three so my programs were all out of date.  I know thats not a helpful answer. lol. Pretty much will go to the college that takes the most of my credits.
You might want to choose a school if you have bunch of credits already. How many do you have and major do you want? Maybe start a new thread listing all the credits you and have someone can help.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • mdel210201, SteveFoerster
Another thing to keep in mind: Sophia is ACE, while OnlineDegree is NCCRS. COSC stopped taking a lot of NCCRS recently, and so that makes a difference. WGU also doesn't take NCCRS, other schools as well.

Since Sophia is free right now, you should be doing as many courses as possible. I wouldn't even consider OD until the free period is over at Sophia.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 326 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 767 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,312 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,304 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 308 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 647 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 911 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 214 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 886 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 356 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle