Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Retake Policy?
(10-21-2018, 01:00 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 11:00 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I called and they scheduled mine a week later. I explained to the guy in the phone that proctored test make me nervous (I don't like people watching me do things) and he asked me when I would feel comfortable taking it I asked for a week and they gave me that week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
(10-20-2018, 11:00 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I called and they scheduled mine a week later. I explained to the guy in the phone that proctored test make me nervous (I don't like people watching me do things) and he asked me when I would feel comfortable taking it I asked for a week and they gave me that week.

This is odd, I dont see my response. Okay, apologies if I accidentally double post this.

Are you talking about Sophia, what company did you speak with on the phone??? Whether you take a proctored Final Milestone or using the keyboard bio-metric option, the Final Test does not count towards your grade. However, you still must score 50% or above I believe (I have not failed one yet, knock on wood).

All of the classes I have taken with Sophia have been non-proctored because of their bio-metric keyboard option. If you are nervous about being proctored then why are you not using Sophia's keyboard bio-metric option????
Yes I'm talking about sophia. I was under a school account so I couldn't do the biometrics I had to use the proctor company (I think it's Proctoru). If you fail you'll get an Email to call Sophia and set up a new test session.

Edited to add: it was my first one so I was extremely nervous. Now I've taken like 6 so i dont have a problem now. If you you dont get a 50 then you fail the whole thing. I had a 96% with everything else. I retook it and scored 98%
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • AwardTour
(10-21-2018, 01:14 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:

This is odd, I dont see my response. Okay, apologies if I accidentally double post this.

Are you talking about Sophia, what company did you speak with on the phone??? Whether you take a proctored Final Milestone or using the keyboard bio-metric option, the Final Test does not count towards your grade. However, you still must score 50% or above I believe (I have not failed one yet, knock on wood).

All of the classes I have taken with Sophia have been non-proctored because of their bio-metric keyboard option. If you are nervous about being proctored then why are you not using Sophia's keyboard bio-metric option????
Yes I'm talking about sophia. I was under a school account so I couldn't do the biometrics I had to use the proctor company (I think it's Proctoru). If you fail you'll get an Email to call Sophia and set up a new test session.

Edited to add: it was my first one so I was extremely nervous. Now I've taken like 6 so i dont have a problem now. If you you dont get a 50 then you fail the whole thing. I had a 96% with everything else. I retook it and scored 98%
Congrats and thanks for the info. I was able to switch my account to biometric because I had not started the class yet. I paid for it but did not take an exam yet, they switched it over no problem for me. It sounds like you were in a different situation. 

Thanks again for the info, I'm doing some prep work for Stats this time around so hopefully I won't do as badly as I did on the ALEKS Stats initial knowledge check.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(10-21-2018, 02:34 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 01:14 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:

Congrats and thanks for the info. I was able to switch my account to biometric because I had not started the class yet. I paid for it but did not take an exam yet, they switched it over no problem for me. It sounds like you were in a different situation. 

Thanks again for the info, I'm doing some prep work for Stats this time around so hopefully I won't do as badly as I did on the ALEKS Stats initial knowledge check.
I did the aleks stats...whoo it took me two tries I was 2 percent off. I brushed up and did it again. I'm glad I wont have to do another stats class again

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 364 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 783 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,500 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,326 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 338 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 657 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 941 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 217 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 891 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 363 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle