Poll: Best compatibility with TESU Gen Ed?
This poll is closed.
Sophia
50.00%
10 50.00%
Straighterline
10.00%
2 10.00%
Study.com
40.00%
8 40.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia, Straighterline, or study.com ?
(01-22-2021, 12:41 PM)rachel83az Wrote: RA credits = Regionally Accredited credits. Credits from an actual college or university, NOT ACE credits.

Yes, TESU no longer allows you to get a degree with only ACE credits from Sophia/SDC/SL. Please read the wiki.
Do you know if I should get ACE credits or RA credits if I want to attend COSC?
TESU:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

COSC:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Start-Here
https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html

Both:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-transfer
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Take some time to read through the wiki and the forums. There's a lot of good information that's easily available that will answer a lot of your questions.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 3 users Like Flelm's post:
  • Kadenbloom, Pikachu, ss20ts
The only school that doesn't have any RA credit requirement right now is Excelsior and, even then, there is no guarantee that they won't follow in the footsteps of COSC and TESU by the time you enroll. Also, EC doesn't accept as many ACE courses as might otherwise be expected. This makes it harder (though not impossible) to get a degree from them if you're dead-set on not getting RA credit for whatever reason.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-22-2021, 01:55 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The only school that doesn't have any RA credit requirement right now is Excelsior and, even then, there is no guarantee that they won't follow in the footsteps of COSC and TESU by the time you enroll. Also, EC doesn't accept as many ACE courses as might otherwise be expected. This makes it harder (though not impossible) to get a degree from them if you're dead-set on not getting RA credit for whatever reason.
Ok, thank you very much I understand a lot more now.
I will definitely get RA credits and not just ACE.
Thank you for your help.
I see you in soo many threads thx for helping everyone out so much
One of the most critical skills in earning a college degree, as well as owning your own business OR working for someone else, is research.

I admire you for the initiative you are taking to earn a degree.

Might I suggest you “begin with the end in mind?” You mentioned COSC -great! Now which degree did you want and for what purpose?

Then read the wiki and select alt credit providers and courses.

My choices of alt credit providers and courses is different than others because of college, degree, credits already finished, my time, and economic situation.

You’ll find a mix that works for you!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 3 users Like BrianFallon's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az, ss20ts
For general education credits, I wouldn't even bother with any of the 3 mentioned in the poll until you've done your 24 RA credits first at a community college such as NMJC or through a partnership such as TEL Learning, or through exams such as TECEP/UExcels. But to answer your question, it's a mix/match, I would go for Sophia.org for a majority of courses that are Lower Level and Study.com for the required Upper Level - this is the case for both the BALS and BSBA.

If I wanted ease and could pay for the courses/exams, I wouldn't even use StraighterLine or Study.com, it would be Coopersmith/Davar all the way (no written assignments). If proctoring or hardware is an issue, stick with RPNow vs ProctorU. And to add, I did not do the poll. It's too much of a rhetorical question where answers vary too widely and doing a poll is nothing, it's like asking people how they like to fart: Butt cheek to the left, to the right, or cowboy style...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Kadenbloom, Pikachu
(01-22-2021, 01:55 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The only school that doesn't have any RA credit requirement right now is Excelsior and, even then, there is no guarantee that they won't follow in the footsteps of COSC and TESU by the time you enroll. Also, EC doesn't accept as many ACE courses as might otherwise be expected. This makes it harder (though not impossible) to get a degree from them if you're dead-set on not getting RA credit for whatever reason.

I think EC is not so much a matter of not accepting as many ACE courses as you might expect (I think they accept more than TESU, and I know for certain they accept more than COSC); and they also take more IT and other certs; they also accept NA credits.  The main issue I think is that they bring in a lot fewer courses as UL, which is going to be difficult as they require 30cr of UL.

They are the only school out of the Big 3 that offers you to take additional courses there for much less than the other 2.  At EC, if you bring in 113cr and take 7cr there, tuition and fees are $5,300.  If you bring in 107cr and take 13cr there, tuition and fees are $5,850.  So there is a great way to take 2 additional courses (preferably UL) for just $550 more (so $92/cr).  That's a great deal.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
TESU or COSC? The poll says TESU but your post says COSC. I'm confused where you want to go.
(01-23-2021, 03:51 PM)ss20ts Wrote: TESU or COSC? The poll says TESU but your post says COSC. I'm confused where you want to go.

The post originally said TESU. I think it was changed to COSC when the subject of RA credit was brought up. But you need RA credit for COSC as well.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 391 20 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,432 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 100 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,361 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,489 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 605 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger