Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia/TESU ASBA question
Can Sophia's Introduction to Information Technology cover TESU ASBA's Management Core Requirement under section E. "E. Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computers/CIS" ??? Sophia's site shows it coming in as CIS-110.  

I am looking for a response specific to Sophia.org, I already know that there are multiple alternatives to cover this requirement at other places. Thanks.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
AwardTour, Did you get an answer to this question? It should be possible, why are you taking that course?
Have you changed your degree plan for an ASBA instead of one of the other Associates such as AA/ASNSM?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-03-2018, 07:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: AwardTour, Did you get an answer to this question?  It should be possible, why are you taking that course?
Have you changed your degree plan for an ASBA instead of one of the other Associates such as AA/ASNSM?

I have not received an answer yet. I hope to have one sometime tomorrow from TESU. I changed my degree plan from AA to ASBA. I like Sophia's format and content so I would prefer to do as many Sophia courses as possible. It is just a personal preference, I know there are alternatives that are known to transfer that fulfill the requirement and cost less.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
That's great. Keep up the good work and go through the courses the best you can. I assume you have a spreadsheet up and running? If you're going for a BSBA, you might want to get over 90 credits through ACE/NCCRS providers quickly and graduate with the BSBA for one cornerstone, grad fee/residency waiver fee, the ASBA would be "free" en route to that...

If the ASBA is important and you need it done faster, you can get in writing from TESU that the residency fee would last a year from the ASBA graduation date. You'll just have to pay for another graduate fee, but other than that, you should be good. I would still recommend finishing closer to 90 credits or more, then see how you pace the remainder of the credits...

FWIW, I think if you're not really in need of an Associates, then wait for your BSBA and get them at the same time. Are you looking for a quick promotion? If time is of the essence, then get whatever degree that will get you that "promotion" first, I guess that pay raise will probably pay for itself...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • AwardTour
(09-03-2018, 07:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's great. Keep up the good work and go through the courses the best you can.  I assume you have a spreadsheet up and running?  If you're going for a BSBA, you might want to get over 90 credits through ACE/NCCRS providers quickly and graduate with the BSBA for one cornerstone, grad fee/residency waiver fee, the ASBA would be "free" en route to that...

If the ASBA is important and you need it done faster, you can get in writing from TESU that the residency fee would last a year from the ASBA graduation date.  You'll just have to pay for another graduate fee, but other than that, you should be good.  I would still recommend finishing closer to 90 credits or more, then see how you pace the remainder of the credits...

FWIW, I think if you're not really in need of an Associates, then wait for your BSBA and get them at the same time.  Are you looking for a quick promotion? If time is of the essence, then get whatever degree that will get you that "promotion" first, I guess that pay raise will probably pay for itself...

Your suggestion of asking for the residency fee to last a year from the ASBA graduation date in writing is very good advice bjcheung77. I am now in need of an Associates so that is why I am taking this route. I think skipping it in place of a perusing a Bachelors is what most people do to avoid unnecessary fees along the way to their main goal. I do hope to get a Bachelors one day but for now it will be an Associates. 

I hope TESU does the right thing, but they are known for being inconsistent.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
UPDATE:

I just got a response from TESU. Sophia's Introduction to Information Technology WILL cover TESU ASBA's Management Core Requirement under section 
"E. Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computers/CIS".

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 312 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 763 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,225 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,291 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 304 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 640 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 896 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 877 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 347 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle