Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia -> TESU equivalencies
The following equivalencies are on my daughter's academic evaluation as of 9/9/21. Hope this help someone!

SOPHIA COURSE                                        THOMAS EDISON
Ancient Greek Philosophers                    PHI-226 Ancient Greek Philosophy
Approaches to Studying Religions           REL-100 Introduction to Religion
Business Law                                           LAW-201 Business Law
Communication at Work                           COM-199 Special Topics Communication
Conflict Resolution                                   COM-299 Special Topics Communication
Developing Effective Teams                      HRM-215 Leadership
Human Biology                                         BIO-101 Introductory to Biology
Introduction to Business                           BUS-101 Introduction to Business
Introduction to Ethics                                PHI-180 Introduction to Ethics
Introduction to Sociology                          SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology
Macroeconomics                                       ECP-111 Macroeconomics
Project Management                                 MAN-235 Intro to Project Management
Public Speaking                                        COM-209 Public Speaking
Student Success                                       FEL-101 Orientation
The Essentials of Managing Conflict         SOS-240 Conflict Resolution
U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future  HIS-199 Special Topics in History
US History II                                              HIS-114 American History II
Visual Communications                            COM-231 Two-Dimensional Design

[-] The following 10 users Like Murdockb's post:
  • acethroughcollege, Dorothy44, k-k-k-katy, NC Coach, Oulton1, Pikachu, schlocker, thecontrarian, walkingbyfaith, WALLACEMC11
Thanks! I updated the wiki to reflect what that newest history course comes in as.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
They gave me this link that lists all of them.

https://tesu.sophia.org/#courses
[-] The following 3 users Like idontworkhere's post:
  • Pikachu, walkingbyfaith, WALLACEMC11
Interesting! I wonder when that Sophia page came back. It was still gone a few months ago.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I think that is an old link because it doesn't include the newer classes like Communication in the Workplace, U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future, or any of the Computer Science and IT section. 

TESU is still not listed on their partner page even though they do accept transfer.  https://www.sophia.org/transfer-credits/...-partners/

It's definitely new/updated. tesu.sophia.org stopped existing in early 2020 and still didn't exist as of at least June of this year. https://web.archive.org/web/202106091126...ophia.org/
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(09-09-2021, 07:22 PM)Murdockb Wrote: The following equivalencies are on my daughter's academic evaluation as of 9/9/21. Hope this help someone!

SOPHIA COURSE                                        THOMAS EDISON
Ancient Greek Philosophers                    PHI-226 Ancient Greek Philosophy
Approaches to Studying Religions           REL-100 Introduction to Religion
Business Law                                           LAW-201 Business Law
Communication at Work                           COM-199 Special Topics Communication
Conflict Resolution                                   COM-299 Special Topics Communication
Developing Effective Teams                      HRM-215 Leadership
Human Biology                                         BIO-101 Introductory to Biology
Introduction to Business                           BUS-101 Introduction to Business
Introduction to Ethics                                PHI-180 Introduction to Ethics
Introduction to Sociology                          SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology
Macroeconomics                                       ECP-111 Macroeconomics
Project Management                                 MAN-235 Intro to Project Management
Public Speaking                                        COM-209 Public Speaking
Student Success                                       FEL-101 Orientation
The Essentials of Managing Conflict         SOS-240 Conflict Resolution
U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future  HIS-199 Special Topics in History
US History II                                              HIS-114 American History II
Visual Communications                            COM-231 Two-Dimensional Design

Thanks! Do you know when they received her transcript and how long it took to evaluate? Just curious because they received mine on the 7th and I was wondering how soon I should expect it to be done.
Murdockb Wrote:I think that is an old link because it doesn't include the newer classes like Communication in the Workplace, U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future, or any of the Computer Science and IT section.

TESU is still not listed on their partner page even though they do accept transfer.  https://www.sophia.org/transfer-credits/...-partners/

rachel83az Wrote:It's definitely new/updated. tesu.sophia.org stopped existing in early 2020 and still didn't exist as of at least June of this year. https://web.archive.org/web/202106091126...ophia.org/

It's an updated or new page, but it's got the older info from their previous transfer equivalencies. They haven't fully implemented or revised the information yet. Someone at Sophia/TESU should speak with each other and have Sophia.org UX team update the page.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-10-2021, 10:29 AM)thewupk Wrote: Thanks! Do you know when they received her transcript and how long it took to evaluate? Just curious because they received mine on the 7th and I was wondering how soon I should expect it to be done.

Here's the general flow of incoming transcript evaluation at TESU:

1. Send in the transcript.
  2. 1-4 business days later, someone will open the transcript and attach it to the student file. The transcript should now show up under received transcripts in OSS. A few days after this, TESU may send an email confirming receipt of the transcript. 
  3. 1-2 business days later, TESU queues the student profile for evaluation. They may send a status update email at this stage. 
  4. 2-10 business days later, TESU completes the academic evaluation. During this time, courses from the incoming transcripts may begin populating on the transcript and evaluation. After completion, TESU may send an email. 
Sometimes this process takes just a few days, and other times it takes several weeks. In late August, I sent in a fresh round of transcripts, and individual credits started showing up today. Per the latest status update email, my evaluation should be done within a few more business days. 
The emails from TESU are very unreliable. I might get messages at all or none of the stages. They can also be quite delayed - I've had them show up overnight on a weekend when nobody would be in the office.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • Pikachu, thewupk
(09-10-2021, 01:24 PM)jch Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 10:29 AM)thewupk Wrote: Thanks! Do you know when they received her transcript and how long it took to evaluate? Just curious because they received mine on the 7th and I was wondering how soon I should expect it to be done.

Here's the general flow of incoming transcript evaluation at TESU:

1. Send in the transcript.
  2. 1-4 business days later, someone will open the transcript and attach it to the student file. The transcript should now show up under received transcripts in OSS. A few days after this, TESU may send an email confirming receipt of the transcript. 
  3. 1-2 business days later, TESU queues the student profile for evaluation. They may send a status update email at this stage. 
  4. 2-10 business days later, TESU completes the academic evaluation. During this time, courses from the incoming transcripts may begin populating on the transcript and evaluation. After completion, TESU may send an email. 
Sometimes this process takes just a few days, and other times it takes several weeks. In late August, I sent in a fresh round of transcripts, and individual credits started showing up today. Per the latest status update email, my evaluation should be done within a few more business days. 
The emails from TESU are very unreliable. I might get messages at all or none of the stages. They can also be quite delayed - I've had them show up overnight on a weekend when nobody would be in the office.

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch