Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Videos
I am currently working my way through Intro to Statistics with Sophia, (did I say working, I mean plodding). Was proud to pass the first Milestone. While midway thru the 2nd Chapter, I decide to meet the Professors on top. (I tend to wander) All this time, I thought they were just overall contributors to the class with intros. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on a professor and saw videos to supplement the lessons!!!! Like, DUH!!!!!!!

It's a whole new world!!!! I may just power thru this afterall ya'll!!!
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
[-] The following 2 users Like cwendy111's post:
  • alab21, tifferbugz
(04-18-2020, 04:43 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: I am currently working my way through Intro to Statistics with Sophia, (did I say working, I mean plodding). Was proud to pass the first Milestone. While midway thru the 2nd Chapter, I decide to meet the Professors on top. (I tend to wander) All this time, I thought they were just overall contributors to the class with intros. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on a professor and saw videos to supplement the lessons!!!! Like, DUH!!!!!!!

It's a whole new world!!!! I may just power thru this afterall ya'll!!!

Lucky you with professors! I'm taking Fundamentals of Statistics, and no videos. When I took Project Mgmt., there were three instructors. I found the bleached, blond guy who wrote the PDF to be the most enjoyable. (The woman had a voice that would probably lull me to sleep, and I can't recall why I didn't care for the other fellow.) The Algebra class I'm taking has only one professor (Debbie?) and I like the way she presents. Not loving the woman who is the instructor for Conflict Resolution, but she's watchable.
You know there are ZERO credits with Foundations of Statistics, right? Are  you sure you wanna be there?

I am a Statistics phobe, and pretty clueless about Stats, but I preferred to start with the 3 credit course slowly, than take a course for no credit. Especially when it is free. Give the credit course a try! VIDEOS!!!!!

The second unit is more visual, so I am enjoying it more. The first is largely definitions and was painstaking, but I will go thru it again now that I know about the Professor videos, Hopefully more of it will stick the second time around!

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
(04-18-2020, 06:35 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: You know there are ZERO credits with Foundations of Statistics, right? Are  you sure you wanna be there?

I am a Statistics phobe, and pretty clueless about Stats, but I preferred to start with the 3 credit course slowly, than take a course for no credit. Especially when it is free. Give the credit course a try! VIDEOS!!!!!

The second unit is more visual, so I am enjoying it more. The first is largely definitions and was painstaking, but I will go thru it again now that I know about the Professor videos, Hopefully more of it will stick the second time around!

Sophia's Foundations of Statistics is ACE-approved for 2cr, and some schools take it.  YOUR school might not, but other schools will.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My bad! My school doesn't, so it was a zero for me. Thanks for clarifying. That 1 more credit will get you VIDEOS though.

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
It's great to have video lessons, sometimes reading doesn't cut it out for me. The Project Management course at Sophia.org has 4 instructors that provide the same lessons and you can choose who. Just for the sake of learning the materials better and for review, I actually listened to all 4 of them on some lessons! But the majority of the time, the pdf or online text that they give you is sufficient enough...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for mentioning that the Fundamentals of Statistics course may not be accepted like MasterCard (accepted everywhere you are), but I'm taking it to LEARN more about statistics. Then I'll go to the next course, and, since I may choose COSC, take Business Stats. somewhere. The Fundamentals course and the Intro course should stand me in good stead.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LongRoad's post:
  • cwendy111
(04-21-2020, 12:07 PM)LongRoad Wrote: Thanks for mentioning that the Fundamentals of Statistics course may not be accepted like MasterCard (accepted everywhere you are), but I'm taking it to LEARN more about statistics. Then I'll go to the next course, and, since I may choose COSC, take Business Stats. somewhere. The Fundamentals course and the Intro course should stand me in good stead.
Big Grin  Glad you took it all in stride. Was just trying to be helpful. Definitely did not mean to offend. Trust me I understand. The Stats struggle is real!!!! I’ll I’ll to Standard Deviation and I just closed my laptop in fear! Good luck to you!!!!

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
(04-21-2020, 12:11 PM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:07 PM)LongRoad Wrote: Thanks for mentioning that the Fundamentals of Statistics course may not be accepted like MasterCard (accepted everywhere you are), but I'm taking it to LEARN more about statistics. Then I'll go to the next course, and, since I may choose COSC, take Business Stats. somewhere. The Fundamentals course and the Intro course should stand me in good stead.
Big Grin  Glad you took it all in stride. Was just trying to be helpful. Definitely did not mean to offend. Trust me I understand. The Stats struggle is real!!!! I’ll I’ll to Standard Deviation and I just closed my laptop in fear! Good luck to you!!!!

You were being helpful, and I appreciate it. No offense taken, I promise. I think the only courses I have left, should I go with COSC, are Business Stats., Finance, Corner & Capstones. (May need to add a couple more UL courses, but sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Please, let that be all!) I'm not good at math, and I'm not good at logic, so I think any and all stat courses will be difficult for me, so I want to build as strong a foundation as I can.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LongRoad's post:
  • cwendy111
(04-21-2020, 02:42 PM)LongRoad Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:11 PM)cwendy111 Wrote:

You were being helpful, and I appreciate it. No offense taken, I promise. I think the only courses I have left, should I go with COSC, are Business Stats., Finance, Corner & Capstones. (May need to add a couple more UL courses, but sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Please, let that be all!) I'm not good at math, and I'm not good at logic, so I think any and all stat courses will be difficult for me, so I want to build as strong a foundation as I can.

Wow! you are so close! The SL Business Stats course has been recommended often as being great for math phobes. Not sure that is going to work with Finance however. Strong foundations are the core to all math education so you are def doing the right thing and you get 2 credits to boot! Looking forward to celebrating with you when you knock out those Stats courses!!!

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 247 22 minutes ago
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 755 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,071 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,224 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 281 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 632 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 894 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 872 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 333 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle