Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia final milestone ID verification
I was finishing up Sophia's Conflict Resolution course last night, when I went to select the Final Milestone I was asked to verify my identification. It asked me to take pictures of my drivers license or passport to verify my identity. Is this normal!? Definitely seems sketchy. I thought they just verify your keystrokes for ID?
(03-28-2022, 12:04 PM)Jwheels27 Wrote: I was finishing up Sophia's Conflict Resolution course last night, when I went to select the Final Milestone I was asked to verify my identification. It asked me to take pictures of my drivers license or passport to verify my identity. Is this normal!? Definitely seems sketchy. I thought they just verify your keystrokes for ID?

I would contact Student Support to figure this out.
It doesn't sound too abnormal, but this is the first time I remember hearing about it from Sophia.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • SteveFoerster
I'd definitely ask them if it's unusual behavior from them or if you're just generally worried about it, but I wouldn't call it "sketchy" for them to want to be sure to whom they're giving college credit.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 2 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • jsd, rachel83az
I would contact them via the chat that's open during business hours. I've never heard of this.
I've taken almost all of them and have never had to provide ID.
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

They're not sketchy, it may have been an update to their system and a glitch may have occurred. Best bet to ease your mind is to either chat or email the support team to have this rectified. Hope everything goes accordingly, unless they're coming up with another verification tool that will require ID matching within the profile...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I did what they asked, it was a photo of both the front and back of my ID and a picture of myself using facial recognition software. Afterward when I went to submit my coursework it wouldn't allow me to, ended up with a notification that said, "there was a problem with your ID verification, please call or email...etc." I called customer support, the guy Matt, told me this is a new type of verification they've rolled out. It's only been implemented on the Conflict Management course, no idea why? Maybe a trial run. He fixed it for me, my coursework was submitted no problem! He also mention they've had problems with this type of verification and may end up dropping it in the future.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jwheels27's post:
  • clj626, hsfamfun, katsiki, SteveFoerster
(03-29-2022, 12:26 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote: I did what they asked, it was a photo of both the front and back of my ID and a picture of myself using facial recognition software. Afterward when I went to submit my coursework it wouldn't allow me to, ended up with a notification that said, "there was a problem with your ID verification, please call or email...etc." I called customer support, the guy Matt, told me this is a new type of verification they've rolled out. It's only been implemented on the Conflict Management course, no idea why? Maybe a trial run. He fixed it for me, my coursework was submitted no problem! He also mention they've had problems with this type of verification and may end up dropping it in the future.

Hi,

Has Sophia required a camera when doing the exam? Or do I just need to upload 2 photos as Sophia required and then do the exam without a camera as in other courses? Because my laptop does not has a webcam so if Sophia requires it, I need to buy one.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.
Just taken a final milestone and was asked for ID and selfie. Is this new or just on some courses? I've done a few in the past few days and only today been asked for ID.
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 431 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 890 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,142 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 116 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 504 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,439 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 744 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,001 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 260 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 994 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab