Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Dream Alumni Academy?
@Slaterjack, thanks for the info! You answered my question on post #5. The IBM offerings show... gonna register for these!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • acethroughcollege, slaterjack
hey, a question about the program, I just registered and completed my first cert, but it doesn't seem like all courses are free, by any chance you know how long shall I wait? or all courses free are only for people who received cert before? not new registers? thank you!
jujumibao Wrote:hey, a question about the program, I just registered and completed my first cert, but it doesn't seem like all courses are free, by any chance you know how long shall I wait? or all courses free are only for people who received cert before? not new registers? thank you!

jujumibao - You haven't indicated which course you were looking at. To answer your question with the limited info provided: Whatever you currently see that is free, is free... it will not include courses that go towards say a Masters degree. It really doesn't matter if you're a new user or someone who has completed a cert, it's the same access it seems.

Update: Cool, I just registered for another cert that's offered, there goes my time... at least we have until December, 2023. It's great they've included so many freebies, and whatever they've included seems reasonable... it's not going to be everything, but good enough for the bulk or majority of the users.

(04-12-2023, 02:21 PM)TopHatWombat Wrote: I registered for TADA on Coursera about 9 or 10 months ago, but have yet to complete any of the certificates. So I'm well past what I thought was a 6-month cutoff point for the program. So I haven't received the notification mentioned here, but I did look at my account and I now suddenly have access to many more of the certificate courses. I registered for several of them, and didn't receive any sort of "no soup for you!" warning about doing so.

Is it possible that the TADA partnership is now just becoming all you can eat, no time limit? If so, that would be pretty awesome for those of us that are really just here for lifelong learning.

How much time do I have to complete the program?

"It is recommended that you complete the requirements in six to eight months. It is estimated that you will need to commit approximately five to ten hours a week to complete the program in that time period. Only learners who have been inactive for over 90 days will be removed."
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Basically, I recommend grouping the certs in a specific order to ladder the knowledge from one to the other, such as this...
1. Cybersecurity/IT related - Start with Coursera/TADA, IT Support Pro Cert, ladder that up to IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Pro Cert.
2. Coding/Development - Start with Coursera/TADA, UX Design Cert, ladder that up to IBM Full Stack Software Developer Pro Cert.
3. Project Management - Start with Coursera/TADA, META Social Media Marketing, ladder up to Google Project Management Pro.
4. Data Analytics - Again, Start with Coursera/TADA, Google Data Analytics and ladder up to all the IBM Data options combined...

[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pach, sparkling, vintage_jacket
Could someone please verify whether or not the google cybersecurity cert is included in the alumni academy? I finished my first cert last week and haven't received an invite yet.
(07-08-2023, 09:21 PM)triscuitbiscuit Wrote: Could someone please verify whether or not the google cybersecurity cert is included in the alumni academy? I finished my first cert last week and haven't received an invite yet.

Yes, the Google Cybersecurity professional certificate is included in the alumni academy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sparkling's post:
  • triscuitbiscuit
(04-11-2023, 09:15 PM)xianbd Wrote: I am not sure if anyone of you have seen this but TADA initiated an alumni program which granted access to all Coursera courses!
After registering I finished some of the courses, for instance, Intro to Psycho by Yale,  and get the certificate free of charge.
Check your mail and join the alumni guys~

Hi ,
We are excited to share that for completing one of TADA’s Career Certificates, you are invited to join The American Dream Alumni Academy!
REGISTER HERE for a live onboarding session about The Alumni Academy on Tuesday, April 18th at 8pm - 9pm EST. If you can’t make it, we will make a recording available.
As a member of the Alumni Academy, you will have FREE access to almost the entire Coursera course catalog, consisting of 6000+ courses and 3000+ Guided Projects. 
You will also have access to Coursera’s Career Academy where you can explore 27+ in-demand roles across job categories, review each role’s skill requirements, and enroll in certificates and Guided Projects.
Access to The Alumni Academy lasts through December 2023.  You also will retain access to TADA coursework, study halls and other supports by clicking on “Choose Program."
We wish you success in your continued learning! 
The American Dream Academy Team

Thanks for posting the details, @xianbd.It seems like they're providing an even bigger carrrot for those who struck/will stick with it. Glad I restarted recently.

(04-23-2023, 08:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, I recommend grouping the certs in a specific order to ladder the knowledge from one to the other, such as this...
1. Cybersecurity/IT related - Start with Coursera/TADA, IT Support Pro Cert, ladder that up to IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Pro Cert.
2. Coding/Development - Start with Coursera/TADA, UX Design Cert, ladder that up to IBM Full Stack Software Developer Pro Cert.
3. Project Management - Start with Coursera/TADA, META Social Media Marketing, ladder up to Google Project Management Pro.
4. Data Analytics - Again, Start with Coursera/TADA, Google Data Analytics and ladder up to all the IBM Data options combined...

Great idea, @bjcheung77. Way to be strategic. With so many courses, it can be overwhelming to pick what's next.

@acethroughcollege Thanks for the original thread.
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
[-] The following 1 user Likes vintage_jacket's post:
  • acethroughcollege
(04-11-2023, 08:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I know many international students or those not in the US will have questions...  How does this compare to the yearly Coursera subscription?  Are the Amazon or IBM certs included?  I missed the memo (didn't get the email, yet, maybe in my spam folder).  Most people are interested in the ones with ACE credit and/or those from the FAANG companies...

when it comes to the free library coursera in California and New York state, the certs are included.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,375 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 710 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,389 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,185 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
  American Government mt_1994 21 2,073 05-20-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 827 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU Academy has more ACE courses MNomadic 8 1,644 10-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  older National Fire Academy (NETC/FEMA) can now have ACE badges issued on Credly! jsd 14 1,935 02-23-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Consensus on the best place to take american gov for TESU? StudentOLife 8 1,594 10-26-2021, 12:39 PM
  Kahn academy Pats20 4 1,078 10-08-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore