Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia final milestone ID verification
Which course was this?
(09-06-2022, 10:45 AM)Pikachu Wrote: Which course was this?

Conflict resolution
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

IIRC, it's a "new" thing and only for that one course. And it only pops up sometimes. It sounds like they're probably not going to expand it because issues students have had, but they may need to keep it in place because of ACE.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-06-2022, 11:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote: IIRC, it's a "new" thing and only for that one course. And it only pops up sometimes. It sounds like they're probably not going to expand it because issues students have had, but they may need to keep it in place because of ACE.

I can understand the issues people have had. Completed the whole thing and now I'm told there is an issue with my ID. Now the wait begins. Am waiting for touchstone marking on my other course so now can't do anything else til it's sorted.
Future degree:
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:

Degrees completed:

Actually, if you contact support, they should be able to sort you out. They're able to open another 1-2 courses if you ask nicely. And they might be able to deal with the ID situation.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-06-2022, 12:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Actually, if you contact support, they should be able to sort you out. They're able to open another 1-2 courses if you ask nicely. And they might be able to deal with the ID situation.

Yes I have contacted support just waiting on a reply.

EDIT: Just did live chat (didn't know it was a thing), just manually approved my ID (clearly nothing wrong with it int he first place). Now onto the next course.
Future degree:
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:

Degrees completed:

[-] The following 1 user Likes debrag's post:
  • rachel83az
(09-06-2022, 12:33 PM)debrag Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 12:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Actually, if you contact support, they should be able to sort you out. They're able to open another 1-2 courses if you ask nicely. And they might be able to deal with the ID situation.

EDIT: Just did live chat (didn't know it was a thing), just manually approved my ID (clearly nothing wrong with it int he first place). Now onto the next course.

Did the ID Verification ask for front and back of ID or front only?
(09-06-2022, 02:37 PM)BrianFallon Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 12:33 PM)debrag Wrote:

Did the ID Verification ask for front and back of ID or front only?

Just the one image
Future degree:
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:

Degrees completed:

[-] The following 1 user Likes debrag's post:
  • BrianFallon
I've been on Sophia for a 1 week and today all the final milestones are requesting for photo id. They told me it's most likely because of too many IP changes (work, home, cafe, etc.) in a short span of time. Fyi - I had their support team reset my keyboard authentication yesterday due to too many failed attempts (weird). This is probably what trigged this.
(09-06-2022, 11:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote: IIRC, it's a "new" thing and only for that one course. And it only pops up sometimes. It sounds like they're probably not going to expand it because issues students have had, but they may need to keep it in place because of ACE.

I've been on Sophia for a 1 week and today all the final milestones are requesting for photo id. They told me it's most likely because of too many IP changes (work, home, cafe, etc.) in a short span of time. Fyi - I had their support team reset my keyboard authentication yesterday due to too many failed attempts (weird). This is probably what trigged this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 252 1 hour ago
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 756 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,081 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,225 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 283 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 632 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 894 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 872 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 333 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle