Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia.org ID Verified Milestone Question
Hello! Long time lurker here. 

I'm taking the Sophia.org final Statistics Milestone in a couple of days. The rules state that you can use any portion of the Sophia.org site during the final milestone, but then the rules go on to make a big deal about not using answers to previous milestones during the exam...

So my question is, are we allowed to use the Milestone Study Guides during the final exam? I've found them extremely helpful, but don't want it to be an issue if I crack one open during the exam and that wasn't permitted. 

Sorry, if this sounds confusing. I just don't want to upset the proctors during my exam. This will be my first Sophia final exam taken. 

Thanks for your help! 

Kel
Well I did three courses with Sophia and really din't need to look at any material. I did college algebra with them (very nice course btw) and the answers they are talking about is that you aren't allowed to write a complete answer for your notes. I used a sheet with formulas I thought I would forget, a calculator, pen and scientific calculator and about 10 blank pages. 

While they say you can use any material on the website, I recommend that you just make notes of the formulas you are most likely to mix up or forget (eg for college algebra: logs, interests, summation etc) cause every second counts when doing your exam.

Don't worry about it, the milestone is so is easier compared to challenges, since the questions on the verification milestone are similar to the ones you passed already (not the same, just similar). 

If you want my advice just make one sheet with notes (front and back) with stuff you forget and use the extra time you would have spent digging around on the website to focus on your harder questions.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • GoldieLux
Thanks armstrongsubero! Definitely is refreshing to hear that it's easier to do the final than the previous milestones. The stats class has been difficult since I've been out of a math class for several years. So far the biggest fear is that I'll forget the easy way that the Milestone Study Guides broke down the problems. If they let me use those, I think it will be smooth sailing. 

I see your point about the time crunch. Looks like there's less time for the final exam than the previous milestones, which will make it hard to do any searching for material. 

Thank you for the tips, you've put me at ease! 

Kel 
Your tips worked! I passed! I'm so happy. It was frustrating because originally I had technical issues with the software that ProctorU uses, so I had to reschedule for an hour later and pay the rush fee, while I hunted down an old computer to take the exam. I can't thank you enough. You were right about the time-crunch. In fact, I barely had time to look at my own notes. But I'm glad it's over.

What other two courses did you do besides Algebra? I'm thinking about doing a couple more as well.
I took public speaking and Intro to Information technology as well...both are excellent courses.

Honestly if Sophia wasnt so expensive I would do more courses with them cause their format is awesome! I learnt more on Sophia than any other platform. SL has so much textbook work, study.com is soo long and saylor is a mess, ed4credit is like SL so also texbook heavy..Sophia is the best! I learn a lot and their scenario based format helps me learn a lot..

I might do the project management, ethics and statistics with them as well after I finish my SL courses...

And I took a lot of courses with proctoru..I have found that the take it now option is the best..I never had any problems with them..I take all my exams as soon as I can and schedule for half hour to an hour before and never had a problem.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 228 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 115 59,410 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 590 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 861 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 201 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 853 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 324 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 236 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,149 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 357 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM