Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia.org Transcipts to Big 3
Where is the menu option to send transcripts from Sophia.org directly to any/all of the Big 3 schools? 
I don't remember, I read it was possible.  Can I do it within Sophia.org or does it go through ACE first?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
There isn't. You can ask through chat / email. Add them to ACE.
If you read the emails from Sophia, there is something about using Parchment to send transcripts. I think ACE is probably easier/more widely accepted.
ACE is what most people use, but I remember reading on here (somewhere) that some schools (I think it was COSC) will take letter grades from a Sophia/Parchment transcript (which includes the final % score).
Parchment is much quicker (especially if the receiving institution is set up electronically) and most institutions are shifting to Parchment or Student Clearing House for transcripts. ACE has always been the slow route for me but- once it's in their database, its there to stay, so they're a good "archive" of sorts if that makes any sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CableGuy98's post:
  • ms_butterfly
My recent experience is that it took a few days instead of hours to get the sophia courses on the ACE transcript. They've been slow with covid time of year. Once it was on there, the ACE transcript was electronically sent within an hour of my request to TESU. TESU opened it same or next business day (I could see the status on my ACE account) and applied to evaluation within the week. Not sure how that compares to speed of parchment as I haven't used that option. Like others have said, sophia sends the info about transcripts via parchment in an email after you complete the course. all of that is subject to change of course
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Ace is $20 and shows Pass/Fail only, Parchment is $6 and shows the actual grade.
FWIW, Parchment insists on an SSN. I don't give out my SSN, so they were a non-starter for me. I emailed customer service and they basically told me to fark off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • crotique
(07-18-2020, 03:42 PM)ctcarl Wrote: FWIW, Parchment insists on an SSN.  I don't give out my SSN, so they were a non-starter for me.  I emailed customer service and they basically told me to fark off.

Doesn’t Ace ask for this also?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jfgonzales71's post:
  • CableGuy98
It's an optional field.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 342 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 769 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,345 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,310 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 325 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 649 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 918 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 214 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 886 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 358 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle