Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia.org Transfer Credits?
Hello everyone!

Has anyone had sophia.org credits transfer over and if so which ones?

Particularly I'm looking for credits that transfer into the computer science BS.

Thanks! Smile
Courtesy of rachel83az - she has created a series of degree plans on the wiki.  For those reading, there are "sample TESU plans", these are the most updated/newest ones with recommendations of courses to take for each requirement - I highly advise everyone to read the newest pages she has created on the wiki... https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Special:AllPages and Here's the specific link for CS: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • alab21
That's for the big 3, not WGU. There doesn't seem to be a WGU page on Sophia. I'll have to see if I can find a list of last-known equivalencies and add it to the wiki's Sophia info.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-28-2020, 03:03 AM)diamonds Wrote: Hello everyone!

Has anyone had sophia.org credits transfer over and if so which ones?

Particularly I'm looking for credits that transfer into the computer science BS.

Thanks! Smile

It will depend on the degree program. WGU doesn't have a ton of gen ed requirements which is mostly what Sophia offers.
This is from 2016, so it's not going to include newer courses, but this should give you an idea of what to take from Sophia: https://web.archive.org/web/201606111647...ophia.org/ I think they do want Eng. Comp II and that one's relatively recent so it won't be on the list.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-05-2020, 04:03 AM)dbinghamjr Wrote: I got an evaluation back with some Sophia courses, in case anyone wants another data point. (College of Business, and I sent a Sophia transcript via Parchment directly)

Introduction to Ethics = C100 Introduction to Humanities
Human Biology = C165 Integrated Physical Sciences
US History I = C121 Survey of United States History
Macroeconomics = D089 Principles of Economics
Introduction to Business = D072 Fundamentals for Success in Business

And the evaluator left a note that Sophia's Accounting does not cover WGU's Principles of Financial & Managerial Accounting (which I expected).

Edit to add - Just noticed, they also did not take Sophia's Project Management for anything. The rest of the Sophia courses I took weren't relevant to my degree (or duplicates). They also didn't take CSMLearn (which is a partner, I could probably appeal that if I was still planning to attend).
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • Dumber
(11-28-2020, 02:01 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 04:03 AM)dbinghamjr Wrote: I got an evaluation back with some Sophia courses, in case anyone wants another data point. (College of Business, and I sent a Sophia transcript via Parchment directly)

Introduction to Ethics = C100 Introduction to Humanities
Human Biology = C165 Integrated Physical Sciences
US History I = C121 Survey of United States History
Macroeconomics = D089 Principles of Economics
Introduction to Business = D072 Fundamentals for Success in Business

And the evaluator left a note that Sophia's Accounting does not cover WGU's Principles of Financial & Managerial Accounting (which I expected).

Edit to add - Just noticed, they also did not take Sophia's Project Management for anything. The rest of the Sophia courses I took weren't relevant to my degree (or duplicates). They also didn't take CSMLearn (which is a partner, I could probably appeal that if I was still planning to attend).

Sophia's PM course is LL, so that's probably why it doesn't work?

As for CSMLearn, it counts as Applied Probability & Statistics at the College of Business only - no other "school" within WGU will accept it.  And if you already have Stats, then it won't work for you either.  I would definitely appeal it though if you need stats - it specifically says that it will transfer in.  https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...79&pid=134
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-28-2020, 02:01 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Edit to add - Just noticed, they also did not take Sophia's Project Management for anything. The rest of the Sophia courses I took weren't relevant to my degree (or duplicates). They also didn't take CSMLearn (which is a partner, I could probably appeal that if I was still planning to attend).

AS someone who's taken Intro to Project Management at 2 universities, I can see why WGU won't accept the Sophia course. You don't really cover everything that PMI covers and most programs are designed for you to take the CAPM or PMP. The Sophia course won't help with that at all.
(11-28-2020, 09:02 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 02:01 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Edit to add - Just noticed, they also did not take Sophia's Project Management for anything. The rest of the Sophia courses I took weren't relevant to my degree (or duplicates). They also didn't take CSMLearn (which is a partner, I could probably appeal that if I was still planning to attend).

AS someone who's taken Intro to Project Management at 2 universities, I can see why WGU won't accept the Sophia course. You don't really cover everything that PMI covers and most programs are designed for you to take the CAPM or PMP. The Sophia course won't help with that at all.

It's only a single course though. No program that prepares you for the CAPM or PMP is going to be a single 3cr course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-29-2020, 09:58 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 09:02 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

It's only a single course though. No program that prepares you for the CAPM or PMP is going to be a single 3cr course.

Actually, after a 3 credit course you are eligible to sit for the CAPM and get the certification. The PMP requires documented work experience and takes several years to become eligible for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 130 Today, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  75% of credits oram3189 5 558 02-15-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,076 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How fast (in how many days) can you realistically finish Sophia, etc. or WGU course? whiverem 32 6,815 01-19-2024, 05:06 PM
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 609 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 686 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 2,853 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  Sophia Learning vs. Study.com BrotherG 8 1,400 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM
  CLEP and CompTIA credits for BS in CS students? nomaduser 4 549 10-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 945 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087