Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnlineDegree.com transcript
(11-21-2020, 08:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:17 PM)Murdockb Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 06:51 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I asked EC about this and they said that the credits will show as OnlineDegree not EC. It's $40 per transcript which is a pricey transcript. Yes, OnlineDegree courses are free, but you have to pay for that transcript and proctor fee along with not being ACE credits you may be better off taking classes through Sophia or InstantCert. 
OnlineDegree only costs $9 for the proctoring AND you can get a free transcript. Pretty cheap. Once you complete the course you have two options for ordering transcripts - on Excelsior letterhead or free from OnlineDegree.  My daughter used the free method to transfer credits to TESU.  Works fine.

They're still not ACE credits which is an issue at many schools. The website doesn't make it sound like the free transcript works with colleges. They have some weird wording on there! Back when I was going to take a class with them, you had to get the transcript through Excelsior. $40 is an expensive transcript.

True, they are NCCRS credits which not every school will accept. But the point is that IF the school will accept the credits you don't need the $40 transcript which OnlineDegree "highly recommends," you can use the free one. In the end, OnelineDegree credits will only cost you $9.
(11-21-2020, 06:51 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I asked EC about this and they said that the credits will show as OnlineDegree not EC. It's $40 per transcript which is a pricey transcript. Yes, OnlineDegree courses are free, but you have to pay for that transcript and proctor fee along with not being ACE credits you may be better off taking classes through Sophia or InstantCert. 
OnlineDegree only costs $9 for the proctoring AND you can get a free transcript. Pretty cheap. Once you complete the course you have two options for ordering transcripts - on Excelsior letterhead or free from OnlineDegree.  My daughter used the free method to transfer credits to TESU.  Works fine.

They're still not ACE credits which is an issue at many schools. The website doesn't make it sound like the free transcript works with colleges. They have some weird wording on there! Back when I was going to take a class with them, you had to get the transcript through Excelsior. $40 is an expensive transcript.
You never "had" to get transcripts from Excelsior. They always offered their free transcript service, they just highly recommended their partner college(Excelsior) transcript.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(11-21-2020, 09:42 PM)MNomadic Wrote:

You never "had" to get transcripts from Excelsior. They always offered their free transcript service, they just highly recommended their partner college(Excelsior) transcript.

That may be hte case, but that's not what OnlineDegree and CSU Global told me. Both said I had to get the transcript through EC.
(11-22-2020, 02:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

That may be hte case, but that's not what OnlineDegree and CSU Global told me. Both said I had to get the transcript through EC.

Considering that TESU and other schools will not take them from the EC transcript, I find that strange.  I'm thinking that the person at OD you talked to didn't know enough to tell you anything different.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-22-2020, 08:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:17 PM)Murdockb Wrote: OnlineDegree only costs $9 for the proctoring AND you can get a free transcript. Pretty cheap. Once you complete the course you have two options for ordering transcripts - on Excelsior letterhead or free from OnlineDegree.  My daughter used the free method to transfer credits to TESU.  Works fine.

Considering that TESU and other schools will not take them from the EC transcript, I find that strange.  I'm thinking that the person at OD you talked to didn't know enough to tell you anything different.

It may have been CSU Global's policy at the time. Many schools function nothing like TESU.
(11-22-2020, 08:18 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote: They're still not ACE credits which is an issue at many schools. The website doesn't make it sound like the free transcript works with colleges. They have some weird wording on there! Back when I was going to take a class with them, you had to get the transcript through Excelsior. $40 is an expensive transcript.

It may have been CSU Global's policy at the time. Many schools function nothing like TESU.

I didn't say that they do.  But many schools will ONLY take credit from the original provider (actually, most schools).  I've not heard of many people here having success getting OD credit from the EC transcript, but I know of LOTS of people that have had success at multiple schools getting it directly from OD.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-23-2020, 11:02 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:18 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 09:42 PM)MNomadic Wrote: You never "had" to get transcripts from Excelsior. They always offered their free transcript service, they just highly recommended their partner college(Excelsior) transcript.

I didn't say that they do.  But many schools will ONLY take credit from the original provider (actually, most schools).  I've not heard of many people here having success getting OD credit from the EC transcript, but I know of LOTS of people that have had success at multiple schools getting it directly from OD.

Same as TESU not accepting Parchment for Sophia courses. Many other colleges do accept Parchment for Sophia classes. You don't see a lot of people who attend CSU Global on here either. CSU Global said I had to have the EC transcript for OD courses sent to them. Why? Beats me. Colleges love policies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,866 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  Study.com transcript - do you need an active subscription? Kones 12 1,015 10-17-2023, 11:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,262 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Getting graduate credits on a transcript sanantone 0 509 08-30-2022, 01:09 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Saylor grading and transcript timeframe Ideas 5 1,046 08-21-2022, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MidLifeCrisis
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,463 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  OnlineDegree cosmetic update rachel83az 4 888 01-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Second study.com account for sending transcript lylx1981 2 810 11-26-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: lylx1981
  onlinedegree.com transcripts not showing up? studyingfortests 6 986 10-31-2021, 06:59 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  COS 101 Onlinedegree.com cizzie 3 927 10-19-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: cizzie