Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia subscriptions closed before midnight?
I have been told multiple times by Sophia representatives that when subscriptions expire, they expire at midnight on the renewal date, central time. This lines up with what happened in my previous subscriptions. So, for example, my current renewal date was December 24th, which means the current period would expire at 12:00 AM December 24th Central Time ( meaning everything needs to be completed by 11:59 pm central time on December 23rd).

Went in there today with several hours left until midnight and was locked out of my last course, for which I only needed to finish the final milestone. Obviously, if I had known they were going to shut off access, I would have completed it earlier in the day. (I did sign in earlier today and was able to access the course just fine.) Contacted the chat with a screenshot of my expiration datewith a screenshot of my expiration date and they said they couldn't do anything about it but tell customer service on Monday. Not hopeful that my access to the course will be extended.

Has this happened to anyone else? Has the policy changed? Perhaps it's a glitch related to the holiday?

In any case, let my tragedy be a lesson to you all!!!! Confused
Ouch, I've never had that issue happen before, I would not know if they changed that recently. Generally, I have all the courses I want completed before the deadlines, at least a couple or more days in advance. I'm not sure when Sophia.org is coming out with new courses, but with their recent change in "not letting the course expire", technically you can have the course incomplete and continue where you left off...

Previously, if you don't get that course finished in 4 months (3 regular months, 1 month extension), it would expire and you would have to start from scratch. Other providers such as StraighterLine/Study.com has the option to pause the membership and continue where you left off... so it's a slight change for the "better". Curious what you get as an answer for Monday...

If your answer on Monday is not in your favor - My only suggestion is, for example, they come out with a couple of newer courses, or upper level courses, you may want to "renew" your membership and continue onward with these newer courses! I dunno, hope for the best and see what they say on Monday. Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks! That's a good plan. I don't technically *need* this course, which is why I was so casual about finishing it; it's just annoying that this happened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,485 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,874 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,402 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 607 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,974 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares