Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia to TESU?
Is there any point in taking Foundations of English Composition? Does it even count as an elective?

Also... tesu.edu/sophia no longer exists. Did TESU decide to end its partnership with Sophia after all? That would really suck.
(05-08-2020, 11:20 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Is there any point in taking Foundations of English Composition? Does it even count as an elective?

Also... tesu.edu/sophia no longer exists. Did TESU decide to end its partnership with Sophia after all? That would really suck.

If you need to practice a bit more. No.
The partnership is renewed. The list here is the most recent. You can check with TESU if you want so.
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid307973

I now see the already outdated page was removed. https://www.tesu.edu/sophia
Don't worry.

Read that thread too.
(05-05-2020, 01:58 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 01:46 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: does anyone have a different link to see the sophia classes that transfer to tesu? the link tells me to login. when i login it doesnt pull up the list it keeps telling me to login. the chat support didnt understand what i was asking.

The only official source we have right now is https://www.tesu.edu/sophia but it's way out of date. It doesn't have the newer courses on it, even though TESU accepts them.

That link is dead. I see people posting that TESU accepts Sophia credit but there is no documentation from TESU confirming.

I know people have done it in the past, but not sure if anyone has done so recently. I have a bunch of Sophia classes I am hoping to transfer in and started 2-3 more. Just not sure if I should continue them or look to apply to EC instead.
The link is dead now, yeah, but they're still accepting Sophia. Someone here reported that they are not giving straight equivalencies any longer; you have to send in your transcript and they'll evaluate from there.
The equivalency list Idmoose looks pretty accurate. I recently posted this on another thread.

Here's a list of what my Sophia courses transferred as of April 2020 for Thomas Edison. There is a bit of guesswork since TESU Academic Evaluation doesn't specifically state which ACE course was transferred as what. In the parenthesis I've included what requirement they fulfilled, those without parenthesis included were put under my regular electives NOT general ed (GE) electives. However, some courses CAN/COULD substitute for others.

Visual Communications = Unsure
Introduction to Statistics = STA201: Principles of Statistics (Liberal Studies Lower Level)
Art History II = Denied as a duplicate of ART108: History of Western Art (GE Elective)
Conflict Resolution = ???
Intro to Psychology = PSY101: Intro to Psychology (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Intro to Sociology = SOC101: Intro to Sociology (Diversity Intercultural Lit)
Human Biology = BIO101: Intro to Biology (GE Elective)
Environmental Science = ENS200: Environmental Science (Liberal Studies Lower Level)
Approaches to Studying Religions = REL100: Intro to Religion (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Intro to Ethics = PHI180: Intro to Ethics (Ethical Leadership)
Macroeconomics = ECO111: Macroeconomics (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Microeconomics = ECO112: Microeconomics (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Intro to Business = BUS101: Intro to Business
Ancient Greek Philosophers = PHI226: Ancient Greek Philosophers (Liberal Studies Lower Level)
College Readiness = Unsure
Introduction to Information Technology = Unsure
Developing Effective Teams = HRM215: Leadership
The Essentials of Managing Conflict = SOS240: Conflict Resolution

--------------------

These are the courses I was unsure of because the course name doesn't match directly nor obvious.

CIS107: Computer Concepts and Appl… (GE Elective) = Possibly Intro to Information Technology
PHI288: Professional Ethics (GE Elective) = Possibly Conflict Resolution
COM231: Two-Dimensional Design (Liberal Studies Lower Level) = Possibly Visual Communications
COM299: Special Topics Communications (Liberal Studies Lower Level) = Possibly College Readiness

They claimed Art History II was a duplicate of ART108: History of Western Art (GE Elective) even though I purposefully took II instead of I
[-] The following 2 users Like jinsoo's post:
  • monchevy, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 361 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,464 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,325 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 657 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 940 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 217 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 891 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 363 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle