Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All Sophia Courses Free as of today - 3-19-20!
(05-09-2020, 03:39 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 10:20 PM)Michelle779 Wrote: Has anyone transferred Ancient Greek Philosophers over to COSC? Will it satisfy the global requirement or the non-US history requirement?

Hi Michelle, I checked out the Sophia Charter Oak Equivalency Guide here: https://charteroak.sophia.org/#courses

Unfortunately, they don't list Ancient Greek Philosophers, which means they likely don't have an agreement on it yet.  It might be treated as an elective.

Best bet is to shoot an email to admissions@charteroak.edu, or touch base with your advisor.
I’m aware of that list and from what I understand it hasn’t been updated in a long time. That’s why I was hoping someone who has recently transferred credits to COSC could offer some insight.
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

I really wish Sophia would just post TESU's transfer equivalency guide already. Does anyone know if Sophia's religions course will transfer to meet a diversity or humanities general ed requirement? I thought I saw on here that it didn't transfer :/
BABA, New England College, 2019
(05-11-2020, 04:07 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I really wish Sophia would just post TESU's transfer equivalency guide already. Does anyone know if Sophia's religions course will transfer to meet a diversity or humanities general ed requirement? I thought I saw on here that it didn't transfer :/

I have (from some other member) that religions does transfer to diversity. So does sociology.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • harrypotter
Here's a list of what my Sophia courses transferred as of April 2020 for Thomas Edison. There is a bit of guesswork since TESU Academic Evaluation doesn't specifically state which ACE course was transferred as what. In the parenthesis I've included what requirement they fulfilled, those without parenthesis included were put under my regular electives NOT general ed (GE) electives. However, some courses CAN/COULD substitute for others.

Visual Communications = Unsure
Introduction to Statistics = STA201: Principles of Statistics (Liberal Studies Lower Level)
Art History II = Denied as a duplicate of ART108: History of Western Art (GE Elective)
Conflict Resolution = ???
Intro to Psychology = PSY101: Intro to Psychology (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Intro to Sociology = SOC101: Intro to Sociology (Diversity Intercultural Lit)
Human Biology = BIO101: Intro to Biology (GE Elective)
Environmental Science = ENS200: Environmental Science  (Liberal Studies Lower Level)
Approaches to Studying Religions = REL100: Intro to Religion (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Intro to Ethics = PHI180: Intro to Ethics (Ethical Leadership)
Macroeconomics = ECO111: Macroeconomics (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Microeconomics = ECO112: Microeconomics (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Intro to Business = BUS101: Intro to Business
Ancient Greek Philosophers = PHI226: Ancient Greek Philosophers (Liberal Studies Lower Level)
College Readiness  = Unsure
Introduction to Information Technology = Unsure
Developing Effective Teams = HRM215: Leadership
The Essentials of Managing Conflict = SOS240: Conflict Resolution

Same information above, easier viewing format. Courses is red are courses that I'm not 100% sure are the right transfer equivalencies.

B. Diversity and Intercultural Literature
Intro to Sociology

B. Ethical Leadership
Intro to Ethics

C. Knowledge of Human Cultures
Into to Psychology
Intro to Religion
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics

E. General Education Electives
Intro to Biology
Art History II
Intro to Information Technology | CIS107:Computer Concepts and Appl...
Conflict Resolution | PHI288: Professional Ethics

Liberal Studies Lower Level
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Into to Statistics
Environmental Science
Visual Communications | COM231: Two-Dimensional Design
College Readiness | COM299: Special Topics Communications

These are the courses I was unsure of because the course name doesn't match directly nor obvious.

CIS107: Computer Concepts and Appl… (GE Elective) = Possibly Intro to Information Technology
PHI288: Professional Ethics (GE Elective) = Possibly Conflict Resolution
COM231: Two-Dimensional Design (Liberal Studies Lower Level) = Possibly Visual Communications
COM299: Special Topics Communications (Liberal Studies Lower Level) = Possibly College Readiness

They claimed Art History II was a duplicate of ART108: History of Western Art (GE Elective) even though I purposefully took II instead of I
[-] The following 2 users Like jinsoo's post:
  • harrypotter, rachel83az
(05-16-2020, 01:50 PM)jinsoo Wrote: Here's a list of what my Sophia courses transferred as of April 2020 for Thomas Edison. There is a bit of guesswork since TESU Academic Evaluation doesn't specifically state which ACE course was transferred as what. In the parenthesis I've included what requirement they fulfilled, those without parenthesis included were put under my regular electives NOT general ed (GE) electives. However, some courses CAN/COULD substitute for others.

Visual Communications = Unsure
Introduction to Statistics = STA201: Principles of Statistics (Liberal Studies Lower Level)
Art History II = Denied as a duplicate of ART108: History of Western Art (GE Elective)
Conflict Resolution = ???
Intro to Psychology = PSY101: Intro to Psychology (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Intro to Sociology = SOC101: Intro to Sociology (Diversity Intercultural Lit)
Human Biology = BIO101: Intro to Biology (GE Elective)
Environmental Science = ENS200: Environmental Science  (Liberal Studies Lower Level)
Approaches to Studying Religions = REL100: Intro to Religion (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Intro to Ethics = PHI180: Intro to Ethics (Ethical Leadership)
Macroeconomics = ECO111: Macroeconomics (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Microeconomics = ECO112: Microeconomics (Knowledge Human Cultures)
Intro to Business = BUS101: Intro to Business
Ancient Greek Philosophers = PHI226: Ancient Greek Philosophers (Liberal Studies Lower Level)
College Readiness  = Unsure
Introduction to Information Technology = Unsure
Developing Effective Teams = HRM215: Leadership
The Essentials of Managing Conflict = SOS240: Conflict Resolution

Visual Communications should come in as Two-Dimensional Design (COM-231)
Conflict Resoultion should come in as Special Topics in Communication (COM-299)
** I attached the Sophia to TESU transfer list from 2019

This is how Sophia's classes should apply to various degree plans

A. Intellectual and Practical Skills
Written Communication: English Comp I & II
Oral Communication: Public Speaking
Quantitative Literacy: College Algebra or Intro to Statistics

B. Civic and Global Learning
Diversity: Intro to Sociology OR Approaches to Studying Religions  
Ethics: Intro to Ethics
Civic Engagement: Not Available

C. Knowledge of Human Cultures
Art History I & II
Conflict Resolution
Visual Communications
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Macro & Microeconomics
US History I & II
Intro to Psychology
* (Studying Religions or Intro to Sociology fits here too)

D. Understanding the Physical and Natural World
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Intro to IT

F. General Education Electives
The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
Any of the above courses not already used

Free Electives
College Readiness
Intro to Business
Accounting (can also be used in Business Core as Financial Accounting)
Project Management (can also be used in Business AOS)
Developing Effective Teams (1cr) (can also be used in Business AOS)

Attached Files
.pdf   Sophia TESU transfer.pdf (Size: 313.63 KB / Downloads: 71)
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • JWells247
(05-16-2020, 01:50 PM)jinsoo Wrote: Art History II = Denied as a duplicate of ART108: History of Western Art (GE Elective)

They claimed Art History II was a duplicate of ART108: History of Western Art (GE Elective) even though I purposefully took II instead of I

I would contact TESU and send them an email with the list from Sophia showing how the 2 Art History courses are supposed to come in.  Ask them to change it to match what they say.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Quote:Human Biology = BIO101: Intro to Biology (GE Elective)

Sophia's biology course came in as a GE elective? TESU's equivalent was Intro to Biology. Did you already transfer courses to fulfill the "understanding physical world" requirement?

*Also, I believe we've been looking for that transfer equivalency page for a while. Thank you for posting it.
BABA, New England College, 2019

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,494 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 388 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,761 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 281 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,804 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,878 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 412 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 607 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM