Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a SDC recommendation
Lightbulb 
Hi y'all,

My local DSST center is closed due to the quarantine and I needed Money and banking to fill my general management concentration Undecided

Anyway, I wanted to know which of these two SDC courses you thought were easier/faster Marketing 303 or Business 314? Ideally, I'd like to finish by Sunday 3/22 so I can focus on my capstone and studying for the MAT.

Thanks for any insights y'all!
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
well the Marketing one has about half as many quizzes and only 1 assignment instead of 2, so I'd think that one would be faster
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Definitely Marketing 303 - especially if you took BUS 120: International Business or BUS 308: Globalization and International Management, in which case it's even shorter due to overlap.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes, I also vouch for the Marketing 303 course because of the amount of overlap and the assignments/quizzes combined. If you were deciding on Marketing 303 vs Marketing 308, it would be a coin toss as they're similar in the amount of assignments/quizzes, it'll be a harder choice.

BTW, you're taking the Management Aptitude Test or the Miller Analogies Test? When are you scheduled for it? I didn't know there was that requirement for COSC or is this for your personal interest?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to go with the marketing class.

@bjcheung77 Millers analogy test. I have a conditional acceptance to a M. Ed in instructional leadership program and that is the last hurdle I need to jump. If all works out I'll be conferred may 31st and start the masters June 1st.
COSC AS 2019 - completed

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
(03-16-2020, 05:37 PM)withrown Wrote: Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to go with the marketing class.

@bjcheung77 Millers analogy test. I have a conditional acceptance to a M. Ed in instructional leadership program and that is the last hurdle I need to jump. If all works out I'll be conferred may 31st and start the masters June 1st.
Would love to see your degree plan. You're graduating from Charter Oak with BSBA?
(03-21-2020, 07:43 PM)Clepper43 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 05:37 PM)withrown Wrote: Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to go with the marketing class.

Would love to see your degree plan. You're graduating from Charter Oak with BSBA?

I actually never did a spreadsheet. I read through a ton of posts and scribbled down what i needed to take/fill. I'll attach my advising worksheet hope it helps. I few classes aren't added yet Project Management from Sophia, Multinational Financial Management Davar and three UL classes I took at a local brick a mortar school. I'm hoping they'll take the project management class as part of the concentration and I can skip the rest of the SDC class.

Yeah, I'll be finishing BSBA general management and I'm super amped about it!

Attached Files
.pdf   DataWindow.pdf (Size: 97.3 KB / Downloads: 27)
COSC AS 2019 - completed

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
Yup, the Project Management course should be the last course in addition to the Capstone. Are you working on the Capstone already? I assume so if you’re looking at graduation at that date.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm currently in the course. Surprisingly enough, my section only has 7 students.
COSC AS 2019 - completed

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any recommendation for these online courses accredited by ACE? ayman003 10 1,984 08-16-2021, 05:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  ECON 430 Money & Banking Equivalency Recommendation cdickerson0601 3 818 07-22-2021, 09:36 AM
Last Post: cdickerson0601
  Any recommendation for websites like Sophia.org to finish "CS 1101 Programming Fund." ayman003 9 1,792 09-07-2020, 08:35 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Likelihood/timeline for a Study.com course to get ACE recommendation? mysonx3 3 1,174 10-19-2018, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Algebra Course Recommendation Thomas46 16 3,964 12-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU UL Marketing Course Recommendation Please Lewis.Yim 8 2,420 09-28-2017, 01:02 AM
Last Post: sanantone