Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South College announces competency-based DBA
(07-07-2022, 09:59 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 09:52 AM)cerich67 Wrote: I had spoken with Dr Patrick earlier this year and reached out regards the DBA. I shared with your comment regards "they're being ran around in circles on their dissertation already". He was taken aback as there is only ONE student in the dissertation phase and they are not getting a run around.

I also mentioned some comments in facebook on grading time, he explained that all courses but the last two are graded in 3 days, the final 2 courses grading can take a little longer as the papers are longer and giving quality feedback takes time. 

So, not quite sure where your assertion came from

There are a lot of people complaining about grading. There are several comments that papers are supposed to be graded within 3 days and not a single one has been for many students. Maybe Dr. Patrick should join the Facebook group and see what students are talking about. They have been very specific about the issues.

I believe they are talking one specific prof that has been 4-5 days on average in one class, not universal to the program. They also seem to really like that prof but if accelerating losing almost a week would be frustrating as heck. It's a few, far from a lot of people complaining. That doesn't negate the veracity of the complaint however.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • Vle045
(07-07-2022, 10:08 AM)cerich67 Wrote: I believe they are talking one specific prof that has been 4-5 days on average in one class, not universal to the program. They also seem to really like that prof but if accelerating losing almost a week would be frustrating as heck. It's a few, far from a lot of people complaining. That doesn't negate the veracity of the complaint however.

Several professors were mentioned. There were numerous people complaining on multiple threads. These complaints have been going on for some time. I'm not saying it's a bad program. I'm saying that students have legit concerns. If there are 100 students in the program and 10 have a problem then that's a serious problem. It's 10% of the students! Due to the newness of this program there are kinks to be worked out. There always are. It also sounds like there may not be enough faculty given the number of students and that is a real issue. Even accreditation boards look into those ratios because they can be problematic.
I specifically had a chance to speak to the dissertation student. They were on the Sophia-UMPI group from long ago.

I do have legit concerns about it. But, I was not given a good experience which is why I withdrew. I already know 3 other students that withdrawn.
(07-07-2022, 10:39 AM)ashkir Wrote: I specifically had a chance to speak to the dissertation student. They were on the Sophia-UMPI group from long ago.

I do have legit concerns about it. But, I was not given a good experience which is why I withdrew. I already know 3 other students that withdrawn.

Then why did you use students (plural) in your post about people getting run in circles at dissertation when it was only one?

I am all for having open conversations about programs, good and bad, but embellishing to a narrative, one way or the other, doesn't do anybody a service
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(07-07-2022, 11:09 AM)cerich67 Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 10:39 AM)ashkir Wrote: I specifically had a chance to speak to the dissertation student. They were on the Sophia-UMPI group from long ago.

Then why did you use students (plural) in your post about people getting run in circles at dissertation when it was only one?

I am all for having open conversations about programs, good and bad, but embellishing to a narrative, one way or the other, doesn't do anybody a service

I spoke to three students in the program, two, were near dissertation and one has started it. I used they're because both of them are being ran around in circles on grades, etc and are having a difficult time.

I actually applied and tried South myself and had a difficult time and switched to a different program.
How far along did you get?

Thanks Degreeforum!
(07-07-2022, 11:22 AM)ashkir Wrote:

I spoke to three students in the program, two, were near dissertation and one has started it. I used they're because both of them are being ran around in circles on grades, etc and are having a difficult time.

I actually applied and tried South myself and had a difficult time and switched to a different program.
Speak of such how is the DHA Program coming?
(07-07-2022, 12:46 PM)jb0433 Wrote:

Absolutely fantastic. UMPI's MAOL is a fantastic preparation course for the DHA. 5 of their 9 classes are litterally a review of that MA. The DHA's first 5 classes focuses a lot of business theory.
(07-07-2022, 12:52 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 12:46 PM)jb0433 Wrote:

Absolutely fantastic. UMPI's MAOL is a fantastic preparation course for the DHA. 5 of their 9 classes are litterally a review of that MA. The DHA's first 5 classes focuses a lot of business theory.

I applied to South's EdD and was admitted, I found it to be frustrating all the way through and withdrew. Loving the DHA program at VUL. Well organized, meaningful content and assignments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeanLewis's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-08-2022, 09:49 AM)DeanLewis Wrote: I applied to South's EdD and was admitted, I found it to be frustrating all the way through and withdrew. Loving the DHA program at VUL. Well organized, meaningful content and assignments.

I have requested info from them and they will not send anything unless I speak to them on the phone. They've emailed me dozens of times and call me multiple times a day. It's a HORRIBLE sales pitch! Just email a brochure. I don't want the used car sales approach. I just want to see the courses and descriptions. Neither of which is on the website. I find this to be a HUGE turnoff. I can't imagine I'm the only one.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • eLearner, SophiaPrincess, withrown

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 freeloader 77 8,544 04-12-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: lidel
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 12 823 04-06-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Competency-Based EdD at South College sanantone 39 11,271 04-03-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: maguirewj
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 37 4,627 02-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Video from South College about CBE Doctorates NotJoeBiden 0 300 02-14-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 2,806 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM
  South College - EdD Program jb0433 19 4,252 03-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Last Post: cc95
  South College DBA Invitian Code? maxxor6868 0 569 02-06-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  South College - DBA him22 2 1,150 02-03-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  South Eastern Doctor of Education - 2 concentrations, 54 Credits, $27K bjcheung77 0 904 01-27-2022, 08:45 PM