Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Texas College - CBE Programs
(11-26-2022, 10:55 PM)Randyb100 Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 05:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: South Texas College has several CBE programs that are affordable for in district it's $850 and out of district it's $910.  
For out of state, it's roughly $1500 for a 7 week term - I wonder if international students are charged this rate fee.
List of Fees/Tuition: https://catalog.southtexascollege.edu/tuition-fees/
List of Programs: https://www.southtexascollege.edu/academics/cbe/

Bachelor of Applied Technology in Computer and Information Technologies
Bachelor of Applied Technology in Medical and Health Services Management
Bachelor of Applied Science in Organizational Leadership
Bachelor of Applied Technology in Technology Management
I tried enrolling and they wouldnt accept my AAS degrees from a community college in Oklahoma. I have 120 credit hours altogether between them and WGU, and they only allowed like 30 credits to transfer in. None of my ACE credits would transfer, either, and I have Saylor, Sophia, and Straighter line classes. 

NOT worth it unless you are starting new. Same for TAMUC. For some reason they don't like Tulsa Community College or WGU. I would have to do a ton of classes again. 

I'm doing the Coursera IBM cyber cert now and plan on taking a TEEX program then transferring to TESU or Charter Oak to finish.

Have you looked into UMPI?
(11-26-2022, 10:55 PM)Randyb100 Wrote: I tried enrolling and they wouldnt accept my AAS degrees from a community college in Oklahoma. I have 120 credit hours altogether between them and WGU, and they only allowed like 30 credits to transfer in. None of my ACE credits would transfer, either, and I have Saylor, Sophia, and Straighter line classes. 

NOT worth it unless you are starting new. Same for TAMUC. For some reason they don't like Tulsa Community College or WGU. 

Did they tell you the reason they wouldn't accept your courses?  That's always important, and they normally give you a reason.  The most common: 1) they aren't RA credit (probably not the case here); 2) they aren't college-level (meaning developmental, or for a certificate program or something like that); 3) they don't fit into your degree plan (this is THE most common problem).

So, until you get an answer about the REASON, you don't have anything to go by.  It could be that they didn't get your transcript, or they got several transcripts, and did those, and didn't get to the CC YET, but will.  All kinds of things can happen.

Your best bet is to call them and ask WHY.  That is what gets you information you can use (and it may help with other schools going forward).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
There's a certain number of upper division credits one needs for a bachelor's degree. There's not much they can with multiple AAS degrees that probably had nothing but lower division credits. AAS programs are heavier on the major area of study than general education, so if the associate's major doesn't match with the bachelor's degree major, most of the AAS courses won't fit into the program.

Texas also has a common core for general education requirements that public colleges and universities must follow.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(11-27-2022, 03:51 PM)sanantone Wrote: There's a certain number of upper division credits one needs for a bachelor's degree. There's not much they can with multiple AAS degrees that probably had nothing but lower division credits. AAS programs are heavier on the major area of study than general education, so if the associate's major doesn't match with the bachelor's degree major, most of the AAS courses won't fit into the program.

Texas also has a common core for general education requirements that public colleges and universities must follow.

I figured this was the case - between GE and UL, the courses just didn't fit into the degree plan.  But that's different than "they didn't accept the credits." So it's important for them to get a more detailed explanation of what's going on.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,790 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,197 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,561 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,951 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 244 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 509 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 406 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 871 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 741 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 284 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden