Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Texas College Free Semester
To clear up confusion, certain certificate programs are exempt from TSI requirements. A student can be TSI exempt regardless of program if they fall into one of these categories:

Scored a 23 or higher on the ACT composite and a minimum of 19 on both the English and math tests;
SAT administered prior to March 2016: Earned a combined (verbal critical reading + math) SAT score of 1070, with a minimum score of 500 on both sections;
SAT administered March 2016 and later: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) minimum score of 480, Mathematics minimum score of 530 (no combined score needed);
TAKS scale score of at least 2200 on the math section and/or 2200 on the English Language Arts section with a writing subsection score of at least 3;
Veterans, active duty personnel, and a student who is serving as and, for at least 3 years preceding enrollment, has served as a member of a reserve component of the U.S. armed services;
Transfer from another institution having satisfactorily completed college-level coursework; or
Enroll in a certificate program of one year or less (Level One certificates) at a public institution.

http://www.collegeforalltexans.com/index...E86629B3CA
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  •
(08-16-2021, 01:22 PM)sanantone Wrote: To clear up confusion, certain certificate programs are exempt from TSI requirements. A student can be TSI exempt regardless of program if they fall into one of these categories:

Scored a 23 or higher on the ACT composite and a minimum of 19 on both the English and math tests;
SAT administered prior to March 2016: Earned a combined (verbal critical reading + math) SAT score of 1070, with a minimum score of 500 on both sections;
SAT administered March 2016 and later: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) minimum score of 480, Mathematics minimum score of 530 (no combined score needed);
TAKS scale score of at least 2200 on the math section and/or 2200 on the English Language Arts section with a writing subsection score of at least 3;
Veterans, active duty personnel, and a student who is serving as and, for at least 3 years preceding enrollment, has served as a member of a reserve component of the U.S. armed services;
Transfer from another institution having satisfactorily completed college-level coursework; or
Enroll in a certificate program of one year or less (Level One certificates) at a public institution.

I have Question if you send some ACE credits to TESU to the credit banking and you need a transcript is possible to request this from them or you have to request this from study.com, I have 16RA credits from community colleges and the others are ACE exams.
Please let me know.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  •
(08-16-2021, 01:34 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 01:22 PM)sanantone Wrote: To clear up confusion, certain certificate programs are exempt from TSI requirements. A student can be TSI exempt regardless of program if they fall into one of these categories:

I have Question if you send some ACE credits to TESU to the credit banking and you need a transcript is possible to request this from them or you have to request this from study.com, I have 16RA credits from community colleges and the others are ACE exams.
Please let me know.

Having credits from an RA school will exempt you from TSI, but you'll need to send the transcripts directly from those schools. I'm not seeing that they accept ACE credits. If they did accept ACE credits, the transcript would need to come from Credly. 

For those who already have a bachelor's degree, you only need to send the bachelor's transcript for TSI exemption and to register for courses. You won't need to send a transcript from every school attended unless you want to transfer those credits. I didn't ask about prerequisites, so I don't know if original transcripts will be required for those.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  •
GOOD NEWS ANOTHER FREE SEMESTER FOR SPRING IS COMING AT STC. 
https://www.southtexascollege.edu/freese...index.html

My Friends Im an international student and they give the fall offer for free, and now I receive the news for another free semester again.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

In progress:
Completed:
[-] The following 5 users Like gams007's post:
  • jch, MNomadic, nomaduser, rachel83az, sanantone
gams007, thanks for the heads up! BTW, did you apply through the ApplyTexas website? What information do they need from you? I am going to get my cousins onto this...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-04-2021, 01:12 PM)gams007 Wrote: GOOD NEWS ANOTHER FREE SEMESTER FOR SPRING IS COMING AT STC. 
https://www.southtexascollege.edu/freese...index.html

My Friends Im an international student and they give the fall offer for free, and now I receive the news for another free semester again.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Tempting, tempting...
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I finally got accepted into STC. YMMV, but it was a grueling process and everyone I talked to gave a different answer. I began the process at the beginning of August and followed up once a week. My warning is, if you want to take them up on this - START YESTERDAY.

Hopefully, I can get into a fall course to get the 1,700 and then register for better courses for the spring!
(10-04-2021, 01:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: gams007, thanks for the heads up!  BTW, did you apply through the ApplyTexas website?  What information do they need from you?  I am going to get my cousins onto this...

I apply through the ApplyTexas website once you get approved you received a student ID remember to send your transcript earlier the take to much time to evaluate your credits and they put you un hold before starting a course.
Once you log in the student portal you need to apply for the free semester financial Aid once you fill that form you select to send the funds to your student account  and you will you they apply $1700 credit to be used, the form offer you mail you a financial check for the free semester but in my case i do not live in Texas so is better to send to funds to your student account.

I doing all the CBE courses that I can, the most of them are 4 credits worth, If I have to pay for each credits as international student it will cost me $250 each. So I have skipped a total $3000,- for 12 credits

(10-04-2021, 02:40 PM)RiverM Wrote: I finally got accepted into STC. YMMV, but it was a grueling process and everyone I talked to gave a different answer. I began the process at the beginning of August and followed up once a week. My warning is, if you want to take them up on this - START YESTERDAY.

Hopefully, I can get into a fall course to get the 1,700 and then register for better courses for the spring!
I friend I send to them 2 transcript and till now one has been applied and still waiting and when you call them they pass you to another contact person it took me 2 weeks you get accepted calling and calling.
I recommend everyone to start sending your transcript they do not accept Credly so you have to send your transcript evaluated by TESU to be official.
I call them regarding the credly and they don't even know what it is.

you need to send your transcript to admissions@southtexascollege.edu,
once you apply do not wait to get approved. Then you can call them once approved and tell them that you have send your official transcript days ago they will move fast to evaluate this. This was a tip from one academic coach that is assisting me.

In progress:
Completed:
[-] The following 3 users Like gams007's post:
  • jch, rachel83az, ylmir
(10-04-2021, 02:40 PM)RiverM Wrote: I finally got accepted into STC. YMMV, but it was a grueling process and everyone I talked to gave a different answer. I began the process at the beginning of August and followed up once a week. My warning is, if you want to take them up on this - START YESTERDAY.

I sent my transcript in mid-August and forgot about registration. I tried to register for courses today for the second half of the semester, and kept getting TSI errors. I called advisement, and they cleared me for all the courses I got rejections for. LOL. My transcript still hasn't been evaluated.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(10-04-2021, 03:35 PM)sanantone Wrote:

I sent my transcript in mid-August and forgot about registration. I tried to register for courses today for the second half of the semester, and kept getting TSI errors. I called advisement, and they cleared me for all the courses I got rejections for. LOL. My transcript still hasn't been evaluated.

I will tell you guys this is a headache I try today to add another course and they said no, after the 4th week you can not request to add a new course I was splitting my 7 week term period in 10 days for each course.
I started late because of them, I suppose to start on august 30th and when I called them my transcript was not evaluated yet I keep calling and calling and I requested to open at least one course for now or I will end loosing my free money, I already lost 3 days on waiting, then I decide to start a language course no prerequisites are required and they open it for me so in the mean time waiting to be evaluated I was able finished the Spanish course.
I asked add a new course, networking fundamental again I was needing to wait because they said have not yet send my transcript to the "OMG" after calling admission the found one transcript and they applied my other community college courses to my academic degree at STC. 
Later days later the open the Network course and I lost again more than a week from my 7 week term, now I finished the networking course and I requested to open a new course and I still have chance and my term terminate in October 15th and they said my last chance to request for to add a course was on September 20th.
After the 4th week of a term you can not ask to add a new course so Thanks God this was free, imagine if I had paid for the 7 week term I should have lost $1500.
If I only can use it for 4 weeks CBE only it a robbery Angry they did not said that on their website they said clearly you can terminate as many course as you can in 7 weeks term. 
So guys please take my experience if you decide try to choose the courses you can do fast.
Another thing that is very sad you need to score minimum 80 points to get 3 credits if you score les than 80% you fail the CBE exam, also if you score minimum a 90% you qualify to get 4 credits that why I choose the course that are 4 credits worth.
For my Spanish course I was needing to take 12 proctored exams it a pain they make it so difficult so you get stuck in one course if you pay for a 7 week term is a lost I take this challenge because it was free.

In progress:
Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,091 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,424 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 585 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,709 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,023 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,695 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,120 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding Certificate + Stipend TINASAM 0 498 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  ASU Sustainable Earth Business Sustainability Courses, Free Online Jonathan Whatley 3 612 12-26-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gav 4 Free (Gavilan College) MissRN 14 4,755 09-18-2023, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Randyb100