Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spacebar issues started this morning.
Hi moderators,

Suddenly, around 10am today, I started having problems with this site. If I hit "Reply with Quote," and try to respond to someone underneath the quoted area, I cannot use my spacebar (typing works fine except the spacebar, so all the words run together). If I start a thread, or respond to a thread, everything works just fine. And if I reply to quote, and then write within the quote area, or ABOVE the quote area, everything is fine. It only seems to be a problem if I try to do it beneath the quote area.

Can you tell me if you did something special today to the website?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Hi moderators,

Suddenly, around 10am today, I started having problems with this site. If I hit "Reply with Quote," and try to respond to someone underneath the quoted area, I cannot use my spacebar (typing works fine except the spacebar, so all the words run together). If I start a thread, or respond to a thread, everything works just fine. And if I reply to quote, and then write within the quote area, or ABOVE the quote area, everything is fine. It only seems to be a problem if I try to do it beneath the quote area.

Can you tell me if you did something special today to the website?

I'm not a mod, obviously, but it doesn't look like anyone else is having this problem. Are you having the same problem on other sites that use vBulletin?
No idea, since I don't know what vBulletin is. But since it's only on a very specific place on the page, I thought the moderators might have been doing something to the site this morning that caused something.

dmjacobsen Wrote:I'm not a mod, obviously, but it doesn't look like anyone else is having this problem. Are you having the same problem on other sites that use vBulletin?
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Dfrecore, mine is working fine (it's 7:26pm) maybe it was a glitch this morning?
cookderosa Wrote:Dfrecore, mine is working fine (it's 7:26pm) maybe it was a glitch this morning?

Notaglitch,stillnotworkingforme!
Try a different browser? Are you able to paste in text with spaces in it?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Try a different browser? Are you able to paste in text with spaces in it?

Using a different browser now, and it seems to be working! I wonder what is going on? I was using Chrome before, now I'm using Safari.
dfrecore Wrote:Using a different browser now, and it seems to be working! I wonder what is going on? I was using Chrome before, now I'm using Safari.

Try disabling all of your Chrome extensions and re-add them one by one to find the offending extension. Chances are you recently added an extension, or an extension was updated, that's causing the issue.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
Well, if I had a clue what "adding Chrome extensions" was, I guess I could do that. But since I don't, I guess I will stick to Safari or else just typing above the quote for now.

But thanks for the help, I'm glad no one else is having trouble with this. It's good to know that something crazy happened with my computer all of a sudden to do this weird thing, all on it's own! NOT! banghead

dmjacobsen Wrote:Try disabling all of your Chrome extensions and re-add them one by one to find the offending extension. Chances are you recently added an extension, or an extension was updated, that's causing the issue.
I've seen this complaint on three other sites. I think one runs custom code, and the other two are Vbulletin, but release unknown. I also didn't pay attention to browser, addons or O/S, which all could be causes if they pushed out a patch to any one or more of them.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chess robot programming issues... bjcheung77 2 411 07-25-2022, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  PSA: FYI - ModernStates site having issues bjcheung77 7 673 04-26-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DegreeForum having issues? bjcheung77 4 809 05-15-2021, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Degreeforum Connection Issues? quigongene 1 1,176 11-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are all of today's teens/20-somethings dealing with entitlement issues? TMW2010 56 7,967 07-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  I started a Gantt chart for my MBA completion ryoder 9 1,726 04-12-2011, 05:09 PM
  Just started a graduate course! ryoder 14 2,229 03-17-2011, 06:03 AM
  Management Issues jwilson08 3 1,049 12-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Ruddigore
  TESC Has Started to Advertise RKO477 1 961 07-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Pattie
  CCU Issues in Texas?? sky_light 18 4,979 06-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku