Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specific Exam Feedback
Also, does anyone use the practice CLEP tests provided by the College Board, and are they high quality?
I used it for the Financial Accounting CLEP and thought I was ready to take it. Missed it with a 48. I have sense used REA guides for my cleps. Guess it depends on what "level" CLEP you take as to what you should use for studying.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Hi, I'm planning on taking the American Government CLEP the beginning of next month and wondered if anyone has taken it before and if you have any tips on studying for it (and passing!)? Thanks!
Just took civil War and Reconstruction. Passed with 419. I found that the instantcert materials prepared me for about 75% of the exam. Some questions on the exam are also vaguely worded or written so that you need to extrapolate the answer from study material. A few questions, I felt also had more than one correct answer possible. All in all, a poorly written exam within the DSST system. I spent about 6 weeks preparing. Some of the topics I do not feel were covered adequately, were related to military strategies of the North/South, and actions that certain doctrine and congressional acts passed during the war caused directly or indirectly. You should be fine with instantcert materials, but if you want to knock this one out of the park, recommend reading one of the referenced textbooks or utilizing an additional online exam prep service in addition to instantcert. No need to focus on memorizing the overwhelming amount of specific dates involved, just focus on key people, time-frame chronology, military generals/battles/locations, what the outcome of certain battles or government actions caused and the politics involved before during and after the war.
Just to be clear, this isn't the REAL Specific Exam Feedback thread. I sent some people looking for study guides in the Specific Exam Feedback, and I'm writing this in
case they come here by mistake.

To get to the real Specific Exam Feedback Section you have to be a paid member. Then you click on the "Main Category" link. And right below the "What Does this Flashcard mean or Do this math problem for me" section will be the actual Specific Exam Feedback section, and that is where the wealth is.

Good luck!
Ars457123 Wrote:Just to be clear, this isn't the REAL Specific Exam Feedback thread. I sent some people looking for study guides in the Specific Exam Feedback, and I'm writing this in
case they come here by mistake.

To get to the real Specific Exam Feedback Section you have to be a paid member. Then you click on the "Main Category" link. And right below the "What Does this Flashcard mean or Do this math problem for me" section will be the actual Specific Exam Feedback section, and that is where the wealth is.

Good luck!

thank you, i started to regret paying for this.
You're welcome. I thought this was the Specific Exam section for months after I signed up.
Yesterday I retook the Astronomy DSST and got a 414. I have never taken an astronomy class before, but studied InstantCert' material really hard for three weeks before my first attempt and didn't pass it (I believe I had a 370-something). Before the retake I watched the crash course astronomy series on YouTube, r viewed my flash cards I made from InstantCert questions, and researched a few topics that I remembered from the first attempt at the exam and got a 414 at retake. It still wasn't easy. Several simple calculations that I guessed at and several questions that I had not seen answers for in any of the study material I'd come across. Other people say it's super easy, but I felt otherwise.

I had very little trouble previously passing The history of the Vietnam war and intro to law enforcement.
[-] The following 4 users Like sgrantnm's post:
  • FB2019, mudball, textjewel, Zippadeedoodah
When you take a math clep, they provide a calculator. It is a tab on the clep - and it is actually a great calculator. If you want to practice with it - to see what operations it has which is pretty helpful, you can go to the clep.collegeboard.com and go to one of the math tests. From there you will find a link to the calculator.

(11-16-2016, 12:52 PM)RiverofHope Wrote: Hi, I'm planning on taking the American Government CLEP the beginning of next month and wondered if anyone has taken it before and if you have any tips on studying for it (and passing!)? Thanks!

I don't know if you still need feedback but I took it in the begining of the month. I used Modern States, found a free petersons test online - which is useful because it explains the answers, and found free practice tests. You can also borrow the clep book from your library - even the E-version. It has practice tests in it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Easiest Exam Thread-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only IC steelers 376 113,666 12-22-2018, 06:20 PM
Last Post: DAH
  CLEP Exam Ranking Bachinayr 37 1,152 12-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Cheap graded credits? School-specific ok Ideas 1 212 11-08-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Will a Challenge Exam from community college transfer to TESU? docmarvin 11 419 10-28-2018, 10:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Exam Resources (newbies READ this) (And before asking a question, USE SEARCH FEATURE) libartsmgr 127 97,044 10-24-2018, 07:57 AM
Last Post: rsmith1999
Question ProctorU - what happens if your internet disconnects during an exam? Kelly Green 4 458 09-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: zzzz24
  Is there Financial Aide for credit by exam? RaheemJamaal 5 366 09-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Specific Feedback Forum Question acamp 4 196 07-26-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: acamp
  Human growth and development (CLEP EXAM) diva34 16 899 07-10-2018, 11:25 AM
  Should you take an exam before getting approval? Lindagerr 13 647 07-07-2018, 08:43 AM