Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SpeedyPrep rant
ryany Wrote:Let me just say that I've used both CollegePlus! and SpeedyPrep, and that could not be any more different than what I experienced. I've only encountered the most polite staff with CollegePlus!. Also with SpeedyPrep, their materials helped me pass a test (the only test I tried with them), and they were the only thing I used. Not only were their materials good, but the interaction I had with them left nothing to be desired. I find it hard to believe that it really could have been that bad...sorry to say that, but it just seems way different then my experience.

Interesting that the only post by this individual is to defend a company mentioned in this thread. No other posts about the test they've taken or questions they have. They never used products offered here, but chose SpeedyPrep instead.

This post raises the 'creep' factor of Speedyprep for me.

rmroberts has always been helpful and giving to others on this board. I trust what he/she says so much more than Mr. 1 post.
Oh yes, absolutely, that post wasn't even a response to her concerns anyway. I have to say I think that the creep may have followed you (RMRoberts) over here as well. x.x
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
marylynh Wrote:Interesting that the only post by this individual is to defend a company mentioned in this thread. No other posts about the test they've taken or questions they have. They never used products offered here, but chose SpeedyPrep instead.

This post raises the 'creep' factor of Speedyprep for me.

rmroberts has always been helpful and giving to others on this board. I trust what he/she says so much more than Mr. 1 post.

I actually have used IC products at different times over the past 4 years, for 20 CLEPs and DSSTs. I've found IC study guides to be very helpful, and I've passed most of the tests I used IC for. I read these forums some, but not too much, cuz I have access to CLEP/DSST forums through CollegePlus!, and they normally have all the info I need. Also, I've been a member here with my current IC account for over 4 months...so I'm obviously not here to stalk anyone. But when I see a post with negative things about 2 companies that served me well, I just had to say something.
ryany Wrote:I actually have used IC products at different times over the past 4 years, for 20 CLEPs and DSSTs. I've found IC study guides to be very helpful, and I've passed most of the tests I used IC for. I read these forums some, but not too much, cuz I have access to CLEP/DSST forums through CollegePlus!, and they normally have all the info I need. Also, I've been a member here with my current IC account for over 4 months...so I'm obviously not here to stalk anyone. But when I see a post with negative things about 2 companies that served me well, I just had to say something.
I'm sorry if I came across wrong but I was not at all trying to say anything negative about CollegePlus. This guy claimed to be employed by them but he really was not. As I said earlier, CollegePlus staff is always very polite and I was surprised that this guy said he was with them. When I called CollegePlus they were very kind and looked into the matter for me. They confirmed Shawn is the owner/manager or whatever of Speedyprep. This was not the fault of CollegePlus is any way.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]B.A. in Psychology from TESC in 9 months
My degree plan: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...elp-2.html
He reported me answer recommending InstantCert and not SpeedyPrep as a violation AGAIN. The first two times I appealed and they said I did nothing wrong. Now my account is suspended. Why would Y!A allow one person to repeatedly falsely report me three times and then suspend MY account? I have appealed. This guy is NUTS. I really wish he would just leave me alone. I don't want to fight but he just will not stop.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]B.A. in Psychology from TESC in 9 months
My degree plan: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...elp-2.html
ryany Wrote:I actually have used IC products at different times over the past 4 years, for 20 CLEPs and DSSTs. I've found IC study guides to be very helpful, and I've passed most of the tests I used IC for. I read these forums some, but not too much, cuz I have access to CLEP/DSST forums through CollegePlus!, and they normally have all the info I need. Also, I've been a member here with my current IC account for over 4 months...so I'm obviously not here to stalk anyone. But when I see a post with negative things about 2 companies that served me well, I just had to say something.

Fair enough then. I never got the impression that there was a problem with CollegePlus.

It is an unfortunate yet common practice for company representatives to get online and post fake user experiences to enhance their company image. One way in which this is detectable is that they only have 1 or 2 posts. They can be a new user, or they might have had an account for awhile to keep an eye on the competition.

They don't really attempt to find solution for the original poster, but seem intent on following an agenda of their own design.

I simply wanted a post to bring this to the attention of readers for years to come. Future readers will have a gentle reminder that this can happen online, and to use that in their decision making process.
ryany Wrote:Let me just say that I've used both CollegePlus! and SpeedyPrep, and that could not be any more different than what I experienced. I've only encountered the most polite staff with CollegePlus!. Also with SpeedyPrep, their materials helped me pass a test (the only test I tried with them), and they were the only thing I used. Not only were their materials good, but the interaction I had with them left nothing to be desired. I find it hard to believe that it really could have been that bad...sorry to say that, but it just seems way different then my experience.

I have also had this feeling when I have delt with CollegePlus!. Having been enrolled in the system for a couple months I have seen a improvement in PR by CollegePlus,that far exeeds other online college programs. As for the idealist,Think hard man,because life will not get easier.Try Life Purpose Planning it is a great way to find with path you will take in your life. Take it easy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Being Helpful versus feeding by hand -- Rant TMW2010 8 1,825 08-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Last Post: rickyjo
  Speedyprep.com? The_Professor 3 1,768 11-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Last Post: ideafx
  My rant for today...... iwannapass 4 1,914 03-04-2007, 03:37 AM
Last Post: iwannapass
  My turn to rant Roseblood 6 2,259 01-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  I am annoyed! - rant mom2LLL 17 3,826 08-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Urbannaja