Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting SL, crunch time, which classes to take to fullfill COSC AS requirements
Classes completed are below. I 'm about to start SL and wanted to know which courses I can take (as many as possible) which would apply to an AS with COSC? Would like to squeeze them all into a month if possible.

Thank you,

Completed:
32 credits FEMA
ALEKS: College Algebra and Business Statistics
Here's the list:

Charter Oak State College Course Equivalency Guide | StraighterLine
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Charter Oak State College
AS in General Studies with mostly Straighterline courses

1. English Composition - ENG 101 3
2. English Composition II - ENG 102 3
3. Speech Communication - COM 101 3
4. (COSC Cornerstone) 3
5. Business Ethics and Individual Values - PHL 485 3
6. A Biography of America: 1877- 1990's - HIS 102 (or US History I) 3
7. Western Civilization I - HIS 121 3
8. (Need Literature or Fine Arts 3)
9. Introduction to Sociology - SOC 101 3
10. ALEKS College Algebra 3
11. Chemistry with Lab - CHE 101/L or Biology I with Lab - BIO 110/L 4
12. Non-lab Science: Introduction to Nutrition - BIO 105 3

That fulfills the general education requirements with 37 hours, 28 from SL. You already have the rest you need from ALEKS and FEMA.
13. ALEKS Business Statistics 3
14. FEMA 20

I only used the COSC chart at Straighterline to complete the chart.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:Charter Oak State College
AS in General Studies with mostly Straighterline courses

1. English Composition - ENG 101 3
2. English Composition II - ENG 102 3
3. Speech Communication - COM 101 3
4. (COSC Cornerstone) 3
5. Business Ethics and Individual Values - PHL 485 3
6. A Biography of America: 1877- 1990's - HIS 102 (or US History I) 3
7. Western Civilization I - HIS 121 3
8. (Need Literature or Fine Arts 3)
9. Introduction to Sociology - SOC 101 3
10. ALEKS College Algebra 3
11. Chemistry with Lab - CHE 101/L or Biology I with Lab - BIO 110/L 4
12. Non-lab Science: Introduction to Nutrition - BIO 105 3

That fulfills the general education requirements with 37 hours, 28 from SL. You already have the rest you need from ALEKS and FEMA.
13. ALEKS Business Statistics 3
14. FEMA 20

I only used the COSC chart at Straighterline to complete the chart.

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. I also have a few military credits but unsure where or if they would get applied anywhere. Your guide is a perfect start for me.
Are you planning to get a BS from Charter Oak one day?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
My son is set on attending WGU, but now that I'm spending some time looking at COSC, it's a pretty attractive plan!
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Here's the COSC Study.com transfer guide for easy reference.
Charter Oak State College

The Study.com English Literature class would fulfill that requirement above, but I know it's rather spendy on its own.

Shmoop also has a ton of literature classes, all lower level.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
KayV Wrote:Are you planning to get a BS from Charter Oak one day?

Yes, I do. However for now I need to get the AS, then breath a bit and move towards the BS.
HumbleAMG, you've got this!

Rowan555, tell your son about how he could complete his degree with FEMA courses for free and see if that piques his interest. He could also use TECEPs (taken at home) for some of the upper level business requirements.

I think a TESU bachelors degree is easier to complete through SL/ SC/ Saylor because they give more upper level credit. However, if you don't mind testing credits, COSC is great too. And Excelsior's BSLA with a focus in Business is not bad either. It's nice to have so many options.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
KayV Wrote:HumbleAMG, you've got this!

Rowan555, tell your son about how he could complete his degree with FEMA courses for free and see if that piques his interest. He could also use TECEPs (taken at home) for some of the upper level business requirements.

I think a TESU bachelors degree is easier to complete through SL/ SC/ Saylor because they give more upper level credit. However, if you don't mind testing credits, COSC is great too. And Excelsior's BSLA with a focus in Business is not bad either. It's nice to have so many options.

We talked about it and I showed him the FEMA credits (which actually look really interesting!) but since he intends to complete his Bachelors in one term at WGU, that seems the "simplest" method - COSC would cost the same just for those 2 required courses, and he'd still need to take online courses/tests to complete the 10 or 12 classes' worth of credits he's still short. I'm going to keep COSC in mind for my younger son, though, for his associates degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,947 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Universal Gen Ed Requirements rachel83az 2 349 08-16-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 6,982 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Netflix is Hiring an AI-Focused Role—and the Starting Salary is up to $900,000 LevelUP 1 344 07-31-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  College grads overestimating starting salaries... bjcheung77 7 667 05-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 374 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 483 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Lightbulb College classes in high school, Transfer Policy? pilot 3 672 02-02-2023, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PowerBi Classes ashkir 0 355 01-25-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  onlinedegree.com free classes? ece2001biz 6 954 01-20-2023, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az